Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-16-2013, 10:02 PM   #16
carisa81
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolinamama View Post
One more thing - Costco had good deals for booking, while AAA did not. We booked through Costco, got the 40% off the room, and got meal vouchers good at any premium dining. We saved $140 right there with dinner at Ariel's Grotto
Was that this year? The 40% off at the GC through Costco?

DD-4 DS-4

Disneyland as a Child~countless times.

Disneyland as an Adult~2000-PPH, 2007-Hyatt Regency Orange County, 2008-GC Premium DTD View, 2009-GC DTD View, 2010-GC Pool View, 2011-GC Premium DTD View, 2012-DLH Pool View, 2013-GC Premium DTD View.

Hoping to go this June, 2014!
carisa81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 10:58 PM   #17
Rhonna
DIS Veteran

California and LA are very expensive in general. You can't compare it to central Florida. As was mentioned, you expect to pay more in NYC, etc. and it's the same for LA.

In addition WDW has TONS of rooms to fill so they have to have competitive pricing. In contrast there are only three hotels owned by disney at DL so they can charge what they want and still draw in the visitors. None of them can be considered values.

We've stayed at GF, Poly, AKL, Shades of Green and the mansions at Port Orleans (or whatever they're calling it now) at WDW. We've only stayed at the DLH at DL or offsite. The only one we didn't care for out of all these was the moderate - Port Orleans.

If you look at other threads on these boards there are some discounts coming out just in the last few days that run through the end of May. I believe it's Orbitz and is around 20-25% off rack rate.
Rhonna is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-16-2013, 11:09 PM   #18
Mama Who
DIS Veteran

If indoor hallways are a thing for you, the Tropicana has them and is right across the street. I believe we're paying $109 a night for peak season.
Old 03-16-2013, 11:12 PM   #19
sonnyjane
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mama Who
If indoor hallways are a thing for you, the Tropicana has them and is right across the street. I believe we're paying $109 a night for peak season.
I've stayed at Tropicana three times and there are no indoor hallways. Are you thinking of a different place?
sonnyjane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 11:13 PM   #20
lana772
Disneyland Lover

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong as that I know very little about WDW hotels, but isn't the GCH and GFH comparable in every aspect including price and the same with the DLH and the Contemporary.?

Lana
lana772 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 11:40 PM   #21
mmmears
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lana772 View Post
Someone please correct me if I'm wrong as that I know very little about WDW hotels, but isn't the GCH and GFH comparable in every aspect including price and the same with the DLH and the Contemporary.?

Lana
IMO the GCH is more like the WL at WDW -- a deluxe but with smaller rooms. They were designed by the same architect and both have impressive lobbies, so maybe that's why I equate the two... DLH is the only "deluxe" type hotel that actually has a "Disney" theme to it, which makes it pretty unique.

In the last few years it feels like the cost of the DL hotels (for what you get) is higher than what we pay at WDW (for what we get there). We generally stay CL at WDW for a similar price as our non-CL room at the GCH.

* Disneyland * Walt Disney World * Disneyland Paris ** Disney Wonder Bahamas * Disney Wonder Alaska *
*Grand Floridian Resort* Animal Kingdom Lodge * Polynesian Resort * Yacht Club * Beach Club * Disneyland Hotel * Grand Californian Resort *
mmmears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 11:40 PM   #22
Niebz
DIS Veteran

I find the Disneyland Hotel post-rennovation to be very comparable to a WDW deluxe. Actually, I prefer it to the WDW deluxe hotels I've been at. The grounds are gorgeous, the rooms are huge and beautifully decorated and it has nice dining options and amenities. I can justify the high price tag because there's no other disney resort WDW or Disneyland I'd rather stay at.
Niebz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 09:37 AM   #23
fozziepitysthefool
Mouseketeer

Thanks everyone!!! I still can't make up my mind... but I have time still!
Jul 1985 Off-Disney Dec 1999 Off Disney Apr 2007 ASMu Mar 2011 Off-Disney Oct 2011 ASMu Dec 2011 AKL/ASMu Aug 2012 ASMu Oct 2013 ASMu/CBR Dec 2014 ASSp LA/DL BWPPI Sept 2015 BCR Nov 2015 DL Paris 2016

fozziepitysthefool is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: