Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-15-2013, 02:08 PM   #1
Elmo1201
Earning My Ears

Question Disney Lenox as Wedding Gifts

I love all things Disney. I got engaged in WDW. I have alot friends who are getting married this year and I am trying to see how I can afford to give a "nice" but yet still affordable gift to each couple.

My 2 Questions:

1./Is it distasteful to give a couple something Disney-ish...I'm thinking a custsy~Lenox Mickey/Minnie Figurine or similiar? All of my friends know I'm crazy about Disney but I'm not sure they share the same crazy love I do. I know they all like Disney (I just don't think they are OCD-about i!)

2./Because I am trying to go to all of the weddings~Do you think it is okay to buy a Lenox piece off of e-Bay? I found some really cool Lenox stores and one promises "never opened except to check for damage and contains all official paperwork" That particular e-bay store has alot of what appear to be new in box Lenox Disney at really, really good prices. I know it's not a e-bay junk dealer as they only have Lenox and Dept 56 and they have a good feedback rating. But would you do it?

What are your thoughts? Thank you for your opinions.
Elmo1201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 02:22 PM   #2
dewingedpixie
Mouseketeer

Your love of Disney may not be your friend's love of Disney. I would reccomend against this. The purpose of a gift is to give something that someone else wants, not what you would like. Wedding gifts traditionally are given to outfit a home hence why its towels, appliances, kitchen utensils, sheets, etc.

As to purchasing off ebay I advise against this too simply because they cant return it if they get a duplicate or dont have use for the gift. Many couples have registries you can always purchase a gift while its on sale, or use coupons for the store. Bed Bath and Beyond often has really good coupons.

dewingedpixie is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-15-2013, 05:30 PM   #3
itsmebabygi
Counting Down!

Yea :/ I would have to agree. Unless I know my friend collects Lenox I wouldn't consider that. If they collect those things, I think it would be ok to give a Disney one to add to their collection, but a gift that you are unsure they would, that they can't even return, might not be so good.
Old 03-18-2013, 10:28 AM   #4
kkbutterfly
Mouseketeer

I didn't have a shower or registry but some people still gave us gifts and I have a few pieces of nick nacks that people thought I'd like that I don't and am now stuck with. If you know they like both Lennox and Disney, I'd say give it a shot, but if you aren't 100% sure, don't. Get them a gift card or soemthign off their registry. I now have 2 pieces of Waterford I have nothign to do with and now sits in my closet.
Old 03-19-2013, 04:34 AM   #5
mariapicardikenyon
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkbutterfly View Post
I didn't have a shower or registry but some people still gave us gifts and I have a few pieces of nick nacks that people thought I'd like that I don't and am now stuck with. If you know they like both Lennox and Disney, I'd say give it a shot, but if you aren't 100% sure, don't. Get them a gift card or soemthign off their registry. I now have 2 pieces of Waterford I have nothign to do with and now sits in my closet.
Don't recommend it.
Old 03-19-2013, 04:54 AM   #6
Aliceacc
We had a wonderful time, but did have our moments!

Pretty much down to my hips on one side, but nice and perky on the other

As much as it kills us sometimes, we have to remember that a gift is something we think the recipient will enjoy, not something we would like to own.

So, unless the bride and groom share your love of Disney, I would suggest a more generic piece of Lenox.

As to ebay, I would feel as though I had gotten a second-hand gift... whether or not that was actually the case. I would buy from a more standard source. There's got to be a reason they can afford those "really good prices."

I just realized my ticker is wrong!! We leave July 29th!!
numerous trips in college and one together in 1990 August 2008 and August 2009: Polynesian. August 2012: Beach Club We're going to the Yacht Club in 2014!!
(Thanks, Disney Destinations, for your past generosity. And to the Beach Club staff for all their assistance in our 2012 medical crisis.)
Aliceacc is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: