Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-18-2013, 01:54 PM   #1
VeeHam
Mouseketeer

What time for ressies at O'hana and wishes?

We will be going to O'hana's one evening, probably October 13, Sunday. I'm trying to catch a 9 PM wishes while there. I would like to be finished eating and down by the beach when it starts. Can someone tell me around what time I should make our ressies for? We'll be a party of 7 so the likelihood of getting a table in front of the window I hear is pretty small. Thanks

Last edited by VeeHam; 03-18-2013 at 02:01 PM.
VeeHam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 02:14 PM   #2
Malakaiii
Mouseketeer

We're planning the same kind of thing with our party of 6. I have a 8:20pm reservation to catch at 10pm Wishes show. I think it will work!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-18-2013, 02:19 PM   #3
figment_jii
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeeHam View Post
We will be going to O'hana's one evening, probably October 13, Sunday. I'm trying to catch a 9 PM wishes while there. I would like to be finished eating and down by the beach when it starts. Can someone tell me around what time I should make our ressies for? We'll be a party of 7 so the likelihood of getting a table in front of the window I hear is pretty small. Thanks
I usually allow about 90 minutes for a TS meal. Just to be safe, I'd allow about two hours to account for any delays in seating, getting food, etc. I'd rather have to wait a bit for the fireworks than be rushed (or feel rushed) while eating.
figment_jii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 02:22 PM   #4
PictureJumpr
At Least 'til it Rains

I'd shoot for 2 hours ahead of Wishes to be safe.

Ohana is notorious for long waits after checking in, regardless of ADR time.
We had a 9:35 ADR a couple of weeks ago. Checked in at 9:05 (early, I know, but we had nothing else to do really). Buzzer went off at 9:52. Wishes had been at 9pm that night, so we weren't trying to catch it, but still.
I don't think I've been there for dinner at any point in the last several years where we didn't wait at least 20 minutes after checking in to get seated.
PictureJumpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 02:35 PM   #5
VeeHam
Mouseketeer

Thanks for all the replies.

When you're finally seated, how long does it take to finish your meal? I know they bring each item out separately and I don't want to feel rushed and miss the entertainment for the kids but also don't want to miss the fireworks. I am thinking making the ressie at 7PM for a 9 PM wishes. Does that sound reasonable? Or should I make 6:45PM since we'll have a wait?

Old 03-18-2013, 02:43 PM   #6
OhThePain
DIS Veteran

While I personally don't care for 'Ohana or the view of Wishes from the Poly beach, I want to point out that the night in question, Sunday October 13th, could very likely be a MNSSHP night. If it is, HalloWishes goes off at 9:30 instead of 9. This is based on last years October park hours where Sunday, October 14th was a MNSSHP night.

1988- Contemporary Resort / 1990- Big Red Boat and Buena Vista Palace / 1993- CBR / 1997- ASMusic / 1998- CBR / 1998- ASSports / 2008/9- POR / 2009- Convention at Gaylord Palms / 2010- POR / 2011- AKL-CL (with 3 "bonus" nights AKL non-CL) / 2013-BWV / 2014- POR
OhThePain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 03:20 PM   #7
VeeHam
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhThePain View Post
While I personally don't care for 'Ohana or the view of Wishes from the Poly beach, I want to point out that the night in question, Sunday October 13th, could very likely be a MNSSHP night. If it is, HalloWishes goes off at 9:30 instead of 9. This is based on last years October park hours where Sunday, October 14th was a MNSSHP night.
Thank you! I'll check on this when this info is released.

What is wrong with the view? Just curious.

Last edited by VeeHam; 03-18-2013 at 03:26 PM.
Old 03-18-2013, 04:38 PM   #8
OhThePain
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeeHam View Post
Thank you! I'll check on this when this info is released.

What is wrong with the view? Just curious.
IMO, the only view worth seeing Wishes from is the one from MSUSA. While it's ok to see Wishes from different areas, nothing compairs. To me, watching it from anywhere else is no different than watching any fireworks show from a distance. It's ok, but I can't help but feel disconnected from the actual event.

1988- Contemporary Resort / 1990- Big Red Boat and Buena Vista Palace / 1993- CBR / 1997- ASMusic / 1998- CBR / 1998- ASSports / 2008/9- POR / 2009- Convention at Gaylord Palms / 2010- POR / 2011- AKL-CL (with 3 "bonus" nights AKL non-CL) / 2013-BWV / 2014- POR
OhThePain is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
o'hana, ressie, wishes

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: