Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-16-2013, 11:15 PM   #46
lemondog
My twins fight over who tooted
I always have the itch!

Since 1977 I have only ever stayed at the Poly. I am serious! I was 5 years old and it was our first trip to WDW. Have stayed there countless times since, and now stay there with my own family. It just wouldn't feel like Disney for us at any other hotel. When our 1yo turns 3 we will officially have outgrown the Poly and I just can't even fathom staying somewhere else, lol! We will probably move to the FW Cabins because we love the MK area and it will be much cheaper than a 2-bedroom DVC.

DD1 (12), DD2 (10), DD3 (10) DD4 (2)

I've been pickled! Thanks illuminati!
lemondog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 11:29 PM   #47
Dis703
DIS Veteran

Our upcoming trip is only our second staying onsite. First trip we stayed at POFQ and I honestly wasn't that impressed. This trip we are splurging on a deluxe for what may be the one and only time so we are staying at the Beach Club. We are going back at least once within the next year and are planning on POR for the next trip.

I have no desire to stay at any of the other mods or any of the values and likely won't afford deluxe again so unless our POR stay greatly disappoints we plan to stay there for future trips.

Dis703 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-17-2013, 03:10 AM   #48
RedfromNL
Mouseketeer

First visit was the French Quarter which we loved, then we went to the Wilderness Lodge and fell in love with that.

We are again booked at the Lodge for our next trip.

Unless there is no availability there or something like that we will definitly go back there. We like everything about it.
RedfromNL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 04:30 AM   #49
starrysky
DIS Veteran

We stayed at POFQ on our first on site trip and loved it. The following it was POR as POFQ was sold out of king size bedded rooms. While we like POR it just did not have the same feel that POFQ had. Though the food court at POR is great.
We have also stayed twice at OKW and it's a lovely resort but and we got good deals to stay there but this year the cost of a studio was what we paid for a one bedroom last year. So we choose to go back to POFQ. I think OKW lacked a better food selection at the goods to go.
The deluxe resorts are all lovely and we have visited them all but we like that POFQ, POR, and OKW have the close access with the boat to DTD as we spend a lot of time there in the evenings. Plus they are close to all the parks and so bus trips are fairly short.

1986 Hilton Downtown Disney, 1992 Offisite Kissimmee, 2006 Offsite (sheraton vistana) 2009 POFQ, 2010 POR, 2011 OKW, 2012 OKW, 2013 POFQ

starrysky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 07:14 AM   #50
lobsterslayer
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dis703 View Post
Our upcoming trip is only our second staying onsite. First trip we stayed at POFQ and I honestly wasn't that impressed. This trip we are splurging on a deluxe for what may be the one and only time so we are staying at the Beach Club. We are going back at least once within the next year and are planning on POR for the next trip.

I have no desire to stay at any of the other mods or any of the values and likely won't afford deluxe again so unless our POR stay greatly disappoints we plan to stay there for future trips.
Why would you be planning all your future trips to a resort that is basically a bigger version of a resort you didn't care for. From what I have read POR and POFQ have alot of fans, with the majority preferring POFQ for its smaller size. We stayed at CBR our last stay and enjoyed it very much. We are staying at the Beach Club this time and we may never splurg on deluxe again, with this in mind I am looking at CSR for a future stay. The rooms at CSR look very nice, the pool is reviewed as one of the best on Disney property, and the food at Pepper Market looks pretty good. Why would you be so against trying CBR or CSR?
Old 03-17-2013, 07:39 AM   #51
princessap
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemondog View Post
Since 1977 I have only ever stayed at the Poly. I am serious! I was 5 years old and it was our first trip to WDW. Have stayed there countless times since, and now stay there with my own family. It just wouldn't feel like Disney for us at any other hotel. When our 1yo turns 3 we will officially have outgrown the Poly and I just can't even fathom staying somewhere else, lol! We will probably move to the FW Cabins because we love the MK area and it will be much cheaper than a 2-bedroom DVC.
I can definitely see this being us!!! I loved it there....we had one resort only day and it was great! loved the convenience of the resort to MK where we love! I am nervous to try another resort for fear it won't live up to the POLY!! LOL
princessap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 10:53 AM   #52
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessap View Post
We stayed onsite for the first time at the poly two weeks ago and I fell in love....am considering booking there again for longer next year but wondering if I should try another resort? Do people stay at the same resort every year or branch out and try different ones?

This year we only did two nights and it wasnt enough! Next year is at least five nights!
We have our favorite (the Poly ), but we also like to try different resorts. The MK area is our favorite as are the monorail resorts (along with WL), but we did have great stays at CBR, AKL, and BC. If there are other resorts that appeal to you, I say give them a try as you never know if they are to your liking unless you experience them for yourself. The Poly is an awesome resort and is hard to beat as far as theme/decor (IMO), but we have loved all of the other resorts we've tried. With all of that said, booking the Poly again wouldn't hurt either . Good luck.

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 08:19 PM   #53
princessap
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeynut1 View Post
We have our favorite (the Poly ), but we also like to try different resorts. The MK area is our favorite as are the monorail resorts (along with WL), but we did have great stays at CBR, AKL, and BC. If there are other resorts that appeal to you, I say give them a try as you never know if they are to your liking unless you experience them for yourself. The Poly is an awesome resort and is hard to beat as far as theme/decor (IMO), but we have loved all of the other resorts we've tried. With all of that said, booking the Poly again wouldn't hurt either . Good luck.
Thanks

I would love to try the CR but it is sooo hard to get a reservation for! Cant wait to hear what you think of it!

maybe a cr/poly split will be in our future.

what made you pick CR over poly for your trip?
Old 03-17-2013, 08:47 PM   #54
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessap View Post
Thanks

I would love to try the CR but it is sooo hard to get a reservation for! Cant wait to hear what you think of it!

maybe a cr/poly split will be in our future.

what made you pick CR over poly for your trip?
We are actually doing a split between those two resorts . We are staying 2 (maybe 3) nights before a 3 night cruise and then 2 nights after. I haven't decided what order yet, but I'm thinking CR before and Poly after. I'm sure we will like the CR, but I think I want to end with the Poly since that is our favorite and I figure what better way to end our trip than at a resort we love . I will definitely let you know what I think of the CR.

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 09:14 PM   #55
Amunet
DIS Veteran

I know LOTS of people stay at one resort for years and others love to hop.

For us, we have only been to WDW 3 times and have stayed in 4 different resorts (CBR, POFQ, AoA/POR). We haven't stayed at any deluxe resorts because we would prefer to stay at a moderate for longer than lesser in a deluxe.

As time goes on (and once we get DVC) I think we'll hop around a bit and then make our decision.

Though, I can say that we aren't a fan of value resorts so we stick with moderates. Thus far, we LOVE POFQ. In fact, we're going there this year for our family trip ^_^
I think until we get DVC, we will be going back to POFQ from now on

Past Disney Trips
Disneyland 199520052013
Disney World 2008 CBR (Honeymoon) • 2011 POFQ • 2012 AoA/POR • 2013 AKV/CBR
Disney Cruise 2012 ~ Graduation
Amunet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 09:19 PM   #56
brdlyleon
Born with Mickey ears!

I've only ever stayed at POP. It's just home to me. I stayed at All-Star movies for MNSSHP and it felt SOOO weird. I would try other resorts again but since I live in the area I find it hard to pay so much money to stay somewhere so close to home for just a night or two
brdlyleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 09:53 PM   #57
Grandmatoniko
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by brdlyleon View Post
I've only ever stayed at POP. It's just home to me. I stayed at All-Star movies for MNSSHP and it felt SOOO weird. I would try other resorts again but since I live in the area I find it hard to pay so much money to stay somewhere so close to home for just a night or two
POR 04, Contemporary 05, POR 06, POP 07, POP 08, POP 09, POP 10 and POP 12, POP 13 & POP 2015!!
Grandmatoniko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 09:20 AM   #58
princessap
DIS Veteran

I love hearing everyone's thoughts on this! Seems like lots move around and just as many call other resorts 'home'.

Will have to see what discounts are like for next february and maybe that will help us decide.

Keep the thoughts coming!!
Old 03-18-2013, 09:28 AM   #59
KerryCM
DIS Veteran

Location: Murfreesboro, TN now, but will always be a MA girl!

Nine times out of 10 we will stay at the Boardwalk especially when we take our children and grandchildren. My kids tease me that I have spoiled their children by staying there! the cast at the Innkeeper's Club are fantastic with the kids and the young ones are very comfortable staying there. When my husband and I go alone we will sometimes try a different resort, staying at the Beach Club in May, but BW will always feel like home to us!!
Old 03-18-2013, 11:11 AM   #60
~Piglet~
DIS Veteran

We've stayed at Pop twice, POR once and CSR once. Pop will always be special as it is the first place we stayed, but after staying at CSR last trip we all agreed that it is our favourite resort up to now Hopefully we'll get to visit again in 2015

May 2005 - 18 days, 2 weeks at Pop Century and 4 days Gulf Coast
May 2010 - 3 weeks including our Wedding - 10 days at the Pop, 7 days POR
and 5 days Honeymoon onboard the Disney Wonder

October 2012 - 17 days at CSR
May 2015 - 17 days at CSR again
~Piglet~ is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: