Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-19-2013, 02:57 PM   #1
ktriplec
Earning My Ears

Do you need a park hopper to use the monorail from MK to EPCOT??

I'm sorry I know this question is here somewhere but... we are thinking of staying at Wilderness Lodge and taking the boat to MK, but I wondered if you could take the monorail over to EPCOT from MK IF you aren't planning to actually enter MK? The reason I ask is that we have a tempermental little one and we are trying to avoid the bus service when possible? So one day we want to take the boat to MK and spend the day there, and then one day, take the boat over to MK and pick up the monorail to EPCOT, but not actually go into the MK park. It's been a year or two since we've been and I can't recall. Thanks!
ktriplec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 03:01 PM   #2
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktriplec View Post
I'm sorry I know this question is here somewhere but... we are thinking of staying at Wilderness Lodge and taking the boat to MK, but I wondered if you could take the monorail over to EPCOT from MK IF you aren't planning to actually enter MK? The reason I ask is that we have a tempermental little one and we are trying to avoid the bus service when possible? So one day we want to take the boat to MK and spend the day there, and then one day, take the boat over to MK and pick up the monorail to EPCOT, but not actually go into the MK park. It's been a year or two since we've been and I can't recall. Thanks!

You do not need a park hopper since you are not entering a park, but I think you have to board the monorail at the TTC to get to EPCOT. MK and EPCOT are not on the same loop. I think it would be quicker to take a direct bus to EPCOT.
smitch425 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-19-2013, 03:03 PM   #3
bethifoody
Mouseketeer

You will need to go to the Transportation & Ticket Center to catch the EPCOT monorail, but do not need a park hopper ticket to just go to EPCOT. Park hopper is if you want to enter more than one park in a day - say, hitting MK in the morning & then hitting EC in the evening. So, your plan would work as follows: boat to MK from WL, then either boat or monorail from MK to TTC, then monorail to EC.
bethifoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 03:28 PM   #4
letsgoreds
DIS Veteran

No need to have a ticket to ride any of the WDW transportation. All transportation (except internal MK train, etc.) are external/outside of the parks. Be aware that it will take a chunk of time to boat to MK, monorail to TTC, then switch monorails to EP. Much faster just to take the bus or drive.
letsgoreds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 03:29 PM   #5
Disworldluv
DIS Veteran

Bethifoody speaks the truth.
Disworldluv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 08:43 PM   #6
ktriplec
Earning My Ears

Thank you all! We didn't have a good bus experience when we stayed at All Star Resort but had much better luck when we stayed at Yacht and Beach Club, so hoping we will have the that same kind of luck this time!
ktriplec is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: