Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-16-2013, 01:39 PM   #31
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Thank God I went to look at Emmy's dining report or I would have never known you started this. I'm here and can't wait to hear all about it.
KatMark is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 01:42 PM   #32
MrsB1228
DIS Veteran

Signing on for another amazing Emmysmommy trip report!! I really enjoyed Em's first post on her DR (Jiko sounds amazing!) and am looking forward to reading all about the other aspects of your trip. Great photos of the two of you BTW!

Looking forward to the first update!

Sept/Oct 2013 Dining Report: The Incredible Expanding Women - 14 Days On The DxDP - COMPLETE!
Sept/Oct 2012 Dining Report: 14 Days of Gluttony AKA Doing Free Dining Again! COMPLETE!
My first Dining Report: It's Time To Eat Again?!? 10 days of free dining with pics! COMPLETE!

1985-2004-Many, many offsite visits; March '05-POP; Dec '06-POFQ; Aug/Sept '07-POFQ; Sept '10-POFQ; Sept/Oct '11-POFQ; Sept/Oct '12-POFQ, Sept/Oct '13-POFQ; Sept/Oct '14-POFQ
MrsB1228 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-16-2013, 02:26 PM   #33
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAT887 View Post
Joining in!
Hi Sarah! Thanks for joining. I'm glad you are here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussiesalad View Post
So excited to hear about this trip
Hi Sally! Thank you for joining!

Your TR is so funny... jeans in summer at DTD and grabbing the wrong guy on ToT! Classic! I need to read more because your adventures are hilarious!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda67 View Post
Better late than never .... the Brit Chic is here and subbing

Love, love, love the intro Brenda, such cute photos of you and Em

Oooh and look at my ticker ..... the once in a lifetime visit has turned into twice in 6 months
LINDA!!! I am soooooooo (insert banana dude here >, make that 2 banana dudes >) excited to see you will be at D-Land in April!!!! I'm taking you out for lunch/dinner my little Brit friend. Pencil me in now!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyfreak616 View Post
Hi Brenda! I'm in! I can't wait to hear all about this trip! I loved following along with Emmy's IG pics!
Kristen, our little frump cutie! Thanks for joining in. Our trip wasn't the same without running into you but we did get to stay at the beatiful AKL that you have raved about. Glad you were able to follow Em on IG.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emteach View Post
Subbing in! Looking forward to your TR. Have read a couple of your Dining Reviews and TR's love your writing style. Hope you had a great trip, sounds like it was awesome! PS Your daughter has a pretty great name
Hi there Emelie - I agree, what a beautiful name!! I like the way you spell yours. Thank you for checking out my TR! Between Em and I we'll have this covered, her with the food and me with the fun! Thanks again for joining!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofySon'sMom View Post
Hi Brenda! I am a bit late to the party but definitely will be following along!

Yes, I did have a sneak peek of what's ahead and I cannot wait for all the details!
Hi Vicki! We'll provide you with a party hat and confetti! Thanks for joining before you head out for your next trip! (Lucky!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyMomFanatic View Post
Oh, I am so in!!! Sorry I am late, but I made it. Can't wait to read all about this trip from you and your lovely daughter!
Hi Karla! Thank you for stopping by. I'm still following your DR and finding that I really need to expand my horizons more! (Biergarten can be fun!) Thanks for reading Em's DR (she finally posted our fist dinner at Jiko last night)

Quote:
Originally Posted by klacey1 View Post
Subscribing! I love your dining reports and can't wait to see how your trip went!
Hi there Kylie! Glad to see you joining - welcome!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Thank God I went to look at Emmy's dining report or I would have never known you started this. I'm here and can't wait to hear all about it.
Kathy!!!! Thank you for finding this! Yeah, I should have put a note out there that I was starting a TR but my friends list is soooo much smaller than yours!! ! I see you finished your latest TR! Yay for another PTR coming soon. (Em and I will be back in WDW in late August.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsB1228 View Post
Signing on for another amazing Emmysmommy trip report!! I really enjoyed Em's first post on her DR (Jiko sounds amazing!) and am looking forward to reading all about the other aspects of your trip. Great photos of the two of you BTW!

Looking forward to the first update!
Hi Carol! Thank you for joining my TR and thanks for reading Em's DR! Awww thanks for the photo comment - I just don't post the oh my gosh that's awful ones!
emmysmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 02:38 PM   #34
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmysmommy View Post

Kathy!!!! Thank you for finding this! Yeah, I should have put a note out there that I was starting a TR but my friends list is soooo much smaller than yours!! ! I see you finished your latest TR! Yay for another PTR coming soon. (Em and I will be back in WDW in late August.)

Late August? That means we will miss you? We leave Disney late on the 22nd.
Old 03-16-2013, 03:11 PM   #35
kastoney
Disney foodie served with a side of sarcasm

A newbie jumping' in too. We r likely headed down the same time next year so I'm curious to see how it went.
Old 03-16-2013, 03:17 PM   #36
casanova5
Mouseketeer

Jumping in here to iam new but sou.ds lije fun
Old 03-16-2013, 03:21 PM   #37
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Here's a brief preamble to my official TR. I promise I will actually get to the part where we behold a glorious castle!

This girl trip was booked out of necessity... you know, the need to go back to WDW so that you don't drive your family crazy with being all talk and no action? Plus the fact that I justify getting as many trips to WDW in while the APs are still good. There is the problem of not having a bottomless bank account and the fact that I don't have endless time off work. BUT, if those two minor issues didn't interfere I'm certain that we would be bi-coastal residents and be in Central Florida every other month to visit our happy place!!!

After consulting with Em as to her school schedule (an independent program that offers flexibility with scheduling her classes when she chooses) we landed on the week after President's Week. We were there during President's Week last year and the crowd level 9 wasn't go great! So let's see how the crowds were this time of year?

This trip was actually planned by Em - from the choice of resorts to the dining line up. She resisted being the obsessive planner that I tend to be but it all worked out fine. She did a great job so all of the fun and great times are a reflection of her choices.

With our trip booked we had a few items to mark off our list...

1. SHOPPING!! Cheap vacation clothes are our thing.

Insert PSA: New boots are so not a good idea for ANY trip let alone one where you will do a lot of walking. I can't answer the question of WHY DID I DO THAT?

2. Gift Cards stockpiled - not sure why I bought these since I forgot to use them!

3. Get our pre-trip hair cuts.

4. Packing....Just mine here. Em has a different system than me. I plan out each day what I may wear depending on the weather and what we may do and if we are going to a Signature dinner etc. She simply thows stuff in a bag and says voila - done! I resist the urge to ask how many pairs of underpants she packed.... or maybe I did ask.

Enough of the mundane ... let's launch this thing.

Next Up: Ding, Ding, Ding.... Time to fly.

Last edited by emmysmommy; 04-20-2013 at 06:23 PM.
Old 03-16-2013, 03:27 PM   #38
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Late August? That means we will miss you? We leave Disney late on the 22nd.
Ohhhhhh we may be there as early as the 18th or 19th!!! (Not sure why I was thinking late August - probably because the only ADR we have is for 8/31.) We don't leave WDW until 9/1. I'm negotiating with Em how long of a summer break she wants to spend exclusively with me and not her friends/boyfriend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastoney View Post
A newbie jumping' in too. We r likely headed down the same time next year so I'm curious to see how it went.
I'm glad you are here! Hopefully, this will give you a preview for next year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by casanova5 View Post
Jumping in here to iam new but sou.ds lije fun
Hi Casanova! thank you for joining!!
Old 03-16-2013, 03:39 PM   #39
francis6306
DIS Veteran

EK!!! I'm here!! Sorry for the delay! Gotta catch up!

July '14 Girl's Trip!! PTR

Mar 2014 PTR ~ Nov '12 PTR~'Dec '10:My Pretrip Report My Trip Report!~'05 Girls trip Pop Century~
'99 Magical Music Days~81-90's Various offsite/onsite trips
francis6306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 03:41 PM   #40
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by francis6306 View Post
EK!!! I'm here!! Sorry for the delay! Gotta catch up!
Hi Christen! This just started so you haven't missed anything yet. I'm so glad you are here!!
Old 03-16-2013, 03:43 PM   #41
luckylady
DIS Veteran

I'm in to hear all about your M&D trip.
Me Luckylady (53) DH (60) DS#1 (33)DD (25) and the "baby" DS#2 (23)
luckylady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 03:57 PM   #42
francis6306
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hi Christen! This just started so you haven't missed anything yet. I'm so glad you are here!!
Good!! Glad I didn't miss anything (I have read all 3 pages now though!) I'm excited about the *YOU*KNOW*WHAT* surprize that you have banned me from mentioning!!!

And OMG, can I just say… THIS is what I think of the new Photobucket.

July '14 Girl's Trip!! PTR

Mar 2014 PTR ~ Nov '12 PTR~'Dec '10:My Pretrip Report My Trip Report!~'05 Girls trip Pop Century~
'99 Magical Music Days~81-90's Various offsite/onsite trips
francis6306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 04:03 PM   #43
KatMark
DIS Veteran

You'll have to let me know for sure when you know your dates.

Love the "mudane" update...too funny about Em just throwing everything in her bag and you packing an outfit for where you are going/what you are doing.
Old 03-16-2013, 04:57 PM   #44
DaveinFallsChurch
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hi Dave (assuming you are Dave ) How's Flikr working for you?? Your photos are amazing in your TR (I peeked and go side-tracked for the last 1/2 hr. )

Thanks for joining!
I've really enjoyed using Flickr! It's so much easier to use and glitch-free compared to Photobucket. I'm kicking myself for not using it earlier.

And thank you so much for the compliments!

Started reading your daughter's Dining Review - food is one of my favorite parts about visiting WDW. Got to try out Napa Rose at the Chef's Counter last October and went with the tasting menu. It was one of my favorite dining experiences!

All We Want Is To Spend Halloween with Mickey! October 2014 PTR with MiniTRs to Disney Cali Adventure, Oahu, San Diego, and Vegas
Don't Fear the Rain, We have the Ducky of Death! - Jan '14 Trip Report
Discovering A Whole New World of Disney - An October Photo Safari 2013: Trip Report /PTR
A Winter Escape to the Enchanted Forest - January 2013 Trip Report/PTR
A Solo Trip to Disneyland 28 years in the Making! A Trip Report for October 16 and 17th, 2012
Our First Magical Poly Vacation! April 14-21, 2012 - Trip Report/ Live Report/ PTR

DaveinFallsChurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 05:03 PM   #45
MrsB1228
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hi Carol! Thank you for joining my TR and thanks for reading Em's DR! Awww thanks for the photo comment - I just don't post the oh my gosh that's awful ones!
LOL, if I did that, I wouldn't be able to post any! The camera loves both you and Em.

Sept/Oct 2013 Dining Report: The Incredible Expanding Women - 14 Days On The DxDP - COMPLETE!
Sept/Oct 2012 Dining Report: 14 Days of Gluttony AKA Doing Free Dining Again! COMPLETE!
My first Dining Report: It's Time To Eat Again?!? 10 days of free dining with pics! COMPLETE!

1985-2004-Many, many offsite visits; March '05-POP; Dec '06-POFQ; Aug/Sept '07-POFQ; Sept '10-POFQ; Sept/Oct '11-POFQ; Sept/Oct '12-POFQ, Sept/Oct '13-POFQ; Sept/Oct '14-POFQ
MrsB1228 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: