Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure Forums
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-15-2013, 04:58 PM   #16
Metro West
Proud Redhead
11.47 Miles from Universal
23.56 Miles from Disney

DISboards Moderator

In order to keep things in one place, I'm going to merge both threads so it's easier to comment.
Old 03-15-2013, 07:48 PM   #17
mjohnson96
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by damo View Post
email them. Someone will call you back within a few minutes with the correct answer. I hope you got the guy's name.

https://www.universalorlando.com/Res...ontact-Us.aspx
I called back and talked to a supervisor, maybe the guy was having a bad day and I can only stay mad for about 1 minute. I gave her the exact wording on the web which stated that it had to be used by the 17th to get full benefits but expires on the 30th. She agreed that it is misleading, she did say that if you just go to one of the citywalk venues at night and activate it then it counts if done by the 17th.

Usually these promotions are clear as mud really surprised that it was this confusing. We are still going to go, just glad I did not go ahead and buy the kids those tickets now

mjohnson96 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-16-2013, 10:50 AM   #18
calablovedisney
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro West View Post
In order to keep things in one place, I'm going to merge both threads so it's easier to comment.
oops...Sorry I was repetitive. I was just hoping to catch anyone who may have purchased the tickets and were hoping to use them as I was.
but, I am sure they can find the info. on this thread if looking anyway.

Wish we were somewhere near Citywalk by the 17th to take advantage, but in the big picture it's not a big deal anyway. I am going to be in Orlando and it "Hogwarts"....all is good!
calablovedisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 04:20 PM   #19
Metro West
Proud Redhead
11.47 Miles from Universal
23.56 Miles from Disney

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by calablovedisney View Post
oops...Sorry I was repetitive. I was just hoping to catch anyone who may have purchased the tickets and were hoping to use them as I was. but, I am sure they can find the info. on this thread if looking anyway.
No worries.
Old 03-18-2013, 09:09 PM   #20
GeorgiaPeach74
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjohnson96 View Post
I lied, I just called again and spoke with a different person who had a different story. They said that you have to actually go intot he park on the 17th not just activate it but actually be at the park.

This guy was pretty rude and right now I think I might spend the extra money and head over to Disney since I'm pretty peeved off at this guy's attitude.
Do you recall who you spoke with? Was it Guest Services?
GeorgiaPeach74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 09:56 PM   #21
got4boys
Mouseketeer

Unhappy

Someone must have given us the wrong information. I called a while back and was told that you can activate the pass after the 17th. You would not get the full 14 days benefit.

I already planned my whole summer vacation based off this. We were not arriving until the 23rd, due to work.

This really kills my plans for the summer for my boys if I can't do this.
got4boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 08:06 AM   #22
shoney
DIS Veteran

Well, I just called again and was assured that you CAN absolutely use this ticket after the 17th...you would just be forfeiting your 14 day window and wouldn't have 14 days of citywalk.

As long as you purchase before the 16th and use all 3 days before the 30th, you are fine.

I told them of the confusion on travel boards and asked if they could update their system so that people are not given false information. She said she would send a memo out to customer service. She also agreed that she could see where the confusion would come from.
shoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 04:35 PM   #23
Toulouse
Ladies don't start fights, but they can finish them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aubriee View Post
Insiderguide.com, LC
Ticket expires 13 days after first use. Ticket expires in full on 06/30/2013
This ticket is valid for one (1) Theme Park admission per day
(Universal Studios or Islands of Adventure)
2-Day Base w/3rd Day Free -AD

then below that it has a bunch of numbers and a bar code.
So sorry I didn't get a chance to post the pic but either way, this is exactly what mine says anyway.

Given Shoney's post, good news - this is EXACTLY how I'd read it, ticket "EXPIRES IN FULL on 06/30" so why needing to 'activate' it by a certain date is silly... that would only apply if you wanted 14 days between first/last use - it shouldn't make a difference if you just used a day right on the 30th... you'd be out of luck come July 1st.

:: 1986 Disneyland - off-site :: 2000 WDW - Treehouse Villas ::
:: 2006 WDW - POR-Riverside :: 2013 WDW - POR-Riverside ::

Toulouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 04:42 PM   #24
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok
The curly haired dude said he wouldn't be joining me this vacation!

It is really disturbing that Guest Services is giving out conflicting information on a piece of information that should be cut and dry. It seems clear to me on the website that you should be able to activate it any time but it becomes useless on July 1.

I hope that anyone who was told that they can't use it, calls back and gets it confirmed as well. I think, if it was me, I'd want to hear it with my own ears and have a name of someone just in case.

Last edited by damo; 03-19-2013 at 05:06 PM.
damo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 08:30 PM   #25
mjohnson96
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoney View Post
Well, I just called again and was assured that you CAN absolutely use this ticket after the 17th...you would just be forfeiting your 14 day window and wouldn't have 14 days of citywalk.

As long as you purchase before the 16th and use all 3 days before the 30th, you are fine.

I told them of the confusion on travel boards and asked if they could update their system so that people are not given false information. She said she would send a memo out to customer service. She also agreed that she could see where the confusion would come from.
See and I was told by a CS manager that you had to use it by the 17th when I called. It is crazy that more than one person is getting different responses.

I have seen packages now say you have to check in by the 16th and UT says first use has to be the 17th too.

I am all surprised that US dropped the ball on this they normally aren't this vague on specials.

mjohnson96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 08:35 PM   #26
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok

Quote:
See and I was told by a CS manager that you had to use it by the 17th when I called. It is crazy that more than one person is getting different responses.

I have seen packages now say you have to check in by the 16th and UT says first use has to be the 17th too.

I am all surprised that US dropped the ball on this they normally aren't this vague on specials.
UT does go on to quote the Universal website. They elaborated in their "key points" to say this:

First use of this special offer ticket must be on or before June 17, 2013, to receive full ticket entitlements. This special offer ticket expires in full on June 30, 2013.

Last edited by damo; 03-19-2013 at 08:41 PM.
Old 03-19-2013, 08:37 PM   #27
shoney
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I agree. It is crazy. You shouldn't need a law degree to interpret the fine print!!!
shoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 12:57 AM   #28
ryalluvdiz
Mouseketeer

Is there a way to email them so that when you get an answer its in writing.... I want to buy my tickets next week... Going on june 18th so im not sure which ones to get.
Old 03-20-2013, 07:41 AM   #29
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryalluvdiz View Post
Is there a way to email them so that when you get an answer its in writing.... I want to buy my tickets next week... Going on june 18th so im not sure which ones to get.
You can call them and have them email you.

There is a place to email them, but I haven't been able to get it to work lately.

Old 03-21-2013, 09:11 PM   #30
ryalluvdiz
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by damo View Post

You can call them and have them email you.

There is a place to email them, but I haven't been able to get it to work lately.

I just emailed them about the ticket. I will update here when I get a response. They noted that it will take a few days.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: