Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-15-2013, 09:26 PM   #16
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

That photo in the previous post is the current sleeper sofa at BWV, not the old one. See the cushions under the foot of the bed? BCV has the same type. I think VWL also has this one, but we didn't open ours up in January. We had a two bedroom and only four people.

I thought this type was a bit more comfortable than the one at OKW, SSR, BLT (three section mattress pad on a platform.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 11:06 PM   #17
spiceycat
Own at BWV, VWL and BLT
It happens every night on the Bay Lake side

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsyorke View Post
We physically went to the front desk, they sent housekeeping and they said there was nothing they could do about it. They didn't have an air mattress to help. The front desk told us they couldn't switch out resort, that we would have to call central reservations.Very disappointed in how it was handled by the folks at BW(a lot of shoulder shrugging with no answers), but we contacted our Disney travel agent(a family member who is amazing)who contacted Disney on our behalf, and within 30 minutes we were checking into an OKW two bedroom for $300 more for the whole trip.
We use to be DVC members, so we knew the drill! LOL!

This is the only resort that we had serious problems with the pull out.
please write to DVC and CRO - have your travel agent write too - you should not have too spend $300 more of your money.

it was not your fault that the silly sofa bed did not work. So why should you have to pay.hope you wrote down the names of the CM who basically refused to help you.

so sorry!!!

spiceycat is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-16-2013, 07:19 AM   #18
carolinamama
Mouseketeer

The BLT fold outs are nothing like that picture. They are thicker, no bars, 3 sections. My kids slept on it 2 weeks ago with no issues. I laid on it and thought it was better than the POR mattress we had the night before.

As for that BWV bed, that's pitiful.

15 Trips to WDW since 1981 - Bay Lake Tower (2013), Port Orleans Riverside (2013), Contemporary (2009), Polynesian (2008), Wilderness Lodge (1995 and 2006), Caribbean Beach (1995 and other prior dates), Beach Club (1996), Disney Inn (1986), Disney Villas And now a Disneyland trip as well! Grand Californian (2010)
carolinamama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 08:11 AM   #19
Sparkly

Then a bunch of people started commenting on it
I wondered if people really lived there and got to watch them every night

I didn't think the sofa bed I slept on at Kidani was very comfortable. I think if we stay at a DVC resort again and I get the sofa bed, I'm going to Walmart and getting a airbed!

Nov 2003, Feb 2005,Aug 2006, Apr 2008, Feb 2011, Feb 2012, Feb 2013!, Feb 2014, March 2015

Sparkly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 10:18 AM   #20
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolinamama View Post
The BLT fold outs are nothing like that picture. They are thicker, no bars, 3 sections. My kids slept on it 2 weeks ago with no issues. I laid on it and thought it was better than the POR mattress we had the night before.

No, they are not thicker. They are the three section pad on a platform.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 10:34 AM   #21
lsyorke
DIS Veteran
Owner of squeeky bras

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolinamama View Post

Yup, it was pitiful! We were at BLT the year before and had no problem with the pullout at all. Sadly, we've not had good experiences at BWV, so we'll pass on that resort in the future. I love the location which is why we tried it one more time in October for Food and Wine, alas, not meant to be....again.
lsyorke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 10:36 AM   #22
lsyorke
DIS Veteran
Owner of squeeky bras

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiceycat View Post
please write to DVC and CRO - have your travel agent write too - you should not have too spend $300 more of your money.

it was not your fault that the silly sofa bed did not work. So why should you have to pay.hope you wrote down the names of the CM who basically refused to help you.

so sorry!!!
I didn't mind the upcharge, because we went from a one bedroom to a two bedroom, so I was fine with the additional cost, which was still less that it would have been if I'd booked the two bedroom from the beginning.

OKW was great...gave us a choice of locations when we got there and the room was ready immediately.
lsyorke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 11:15 AM   #23
LSchrow
We're eating brussel sprouts & asparagus on the budget board
(pulling up a chair) I like drunk & happy better...

both 27yo DD and i have disc problems, and found the BWV sofabed fine for sleeping (no princess and the pea).
however, DH is significantly larger, and found it okay for a night, but not close enough to the comfort of a real bed. he tried it as a sofa (not using the pull-out) and preferred that support and comfort (of course, we had to run tests).
btw, the new sofabeds are much more comfy than the old type; one of us uses the BWV sofabeds about 20 nights each year so we have a bit of up close and personal experience with them.

a lighter person or child probably will likely be fine - more weight on a thinner matttress will affect that person's or persons' comfort.
Old 03-16-2013, 09:52 PM   #24
carolinamama
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb & Bill

No, they are not thicker. They are the three section pad on a platform.
When I said thicker, I meant in relative terms to most sofa beds I've ever encountered, including the one in my house. I did not mean I had actual measurements.

15 Trips to WDW since 1981 - Bay Lake Tower (2013), Port Orleans Riverside (2013), Contemporary (2009), Polynesian (2008), Wilderness Lodge (1995 and 2006), Caribbean Beach (1995 and other prior dates), Beach Club (1996), Disney Inn (1986), Disney Villas And now a Disneyland trip as well! Grand Californian (2010)
carolinamama is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: