Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-16-2013, 11:29 AM   #91
Koh1977
DIS Veteran
 
Koh1977's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Illinois
Posts: 2,950

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderumbrella

We switched from POFQ to POR Royal when the Spring Discount came out. POFQ was only about 5% off, IIRC. And since we need AP's not MYW tickets, even the ticket discount wasn't enough for me to keep POFQ.

Currently, our last 4 nights of our trip are at rack rate since we leave after the Spring Discount ended. But once the Summer discount comes out, we plan on switching our last 4 nights from POR to YC
Although since the RGRs are more expensive anyway, it worked out to only saving about $100 to change to POR from POFQ for us, so I think I'm sticking with FQ.
__________________
Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
Koh1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 12:24 PM   #92
Ferrentinos
DIS Veteran
 
Ferrentinos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 888

I'm not sure what we will do - it looks like it might only be a $200 more to stay at AKL instead of POFQ if the deal is 30% off in July... that is pretty tempting! We'll see ... I figure when the special is released in a couple of weeks, we'll call and see if a CM can help us figure it out! Super excited at the thought of staying at AKL! DD would love the animals!
__________________
5/01 - AKL, 4/05 - CBR, 7/06 - POFQ, 12/07 - Pop, 6/12 - DCL Magic NYC, 12/12 - Poly, 7/13 - PolyCL, 1/14 - PolyCL, 5/14 - AKLCL, 7/14 - GF SL, 11/14 - YC/GF , 6/15 - PolyCL, 7/15 - DCL Fantasy, 7/15 - AKL CL

Ferrentinos is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 03-16-2013, 01:40 PM   #93
Cinderumbrella
Wench
 
Cinderumbrella's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Home of the 2013 Stanley Cup Champs!
Posts: 10,302

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferrentinos View Post
I'm not sure what we will do - it looks like it might only be a $200 more to stay at AKL instead of POFQ if the deal is 30% off in July... that is pretty tempting! We'll see ... I figure when the special is released in a couple of weeks, we'll call and see if a CM can help us figure it out! Super excited at the thought of staying at AKL! DD would love the animals!
Our only AKL stay was due to a similar offer. It is so pretty there, you will love it!!!
__________________
Next Trip ~ Grand Wailea Maui ~ November 2014
Yacht Club November 2013~ Pop Century~September 2013~Port Orleans Riverside Royal & Yacht Club Regatta Club June 2013~Pop Century August 2012~
Yacht Club Regatta Club June 2012~Beach Club Stone Harbor Club November 2011~Yacht Club Regatta Club June 2011~Boardwalk Innkeepers Club November 2010~
The Contemporary September 2010~The Contemporary June 2010~ Grand Floridian RPC December 2009~The Contemporary June 2009~ Grand Floridian December 2008~
Pop Century May 2008~Grand Floridian August 2007~Animal Kingdom Lodge December 2006~ Port Orleans Riverside October 2005~Beach Club February 2000~
Grand Floridian August 1997

Cinderumbrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 05:40 PM   #94
honkytonkmama
Mouseketeer
 
honkytonkmama's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Richmond VA
Posts: 287

So my dates are later then this, but I have a question. Because this is room only, that means I CAN NOT add on dining after the fact, correct?
__________________
Me - + DH - = Thing1 (8) Thing2 (5) And thing3 (3)
Feb 2010 - CBR for 7 days.
Aug 2013 - ASM for 7 days
Aug 2015 - POR 7 days
https://www.facebook.com/lhammupanduptravel
honkytonkmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 06:11 PM   #95
Wood Nymph
DIS Veteran
 
Wood Nymph's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Chicago suburbs
Posts: 4,831

Quote:
Originally Posted by honkytonkmama View Post
So my dates are later then this, but I have a question. Because this is room only, that means I CAN NOT add on dining after the fact, correct?
You can add dining up to five days before the reservation date as long as you also have purchased park tickets, thereby making it a Magic My Way package. You can add the tickets at the same time as you add the dining plan, or you can buy the tickets earlier than that. That is what we did for our reservation last month. I booked a room only reservation in July, got the RO discount for it in October, then bought tickets in January and added the dining plan ten days before our Feb 5th check in date. There weren't any problems doing it that way.
__________________
~ Sue

Next up: WL - Jan 24 to 29, 2015
WL - Oct 22-27, 2014, YC - Sept 24-28, 2014; BC - March 19th to 25th, 2014, WL - Jan 23 - 27, 2014; WL - Nov 30 - Dec 5, 2013; WL - Feb 5 -11, 2013; BC - April 2011, BW - January 2009, BCV - 2007, 2005, 2003, Poly - 2002;
BC - 2001, 1998, 1994, 1992; YC - 1997; GF - 1989, 1988; Poly - 1987, 1986, 1985; CR - 1981, 1980; offsite - 1982, 1976, 1973
Wood Nymph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 07:36 PM   #96
grkmbee
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 133

How do I make this work?

We're just starting to plan a trip for Aug 11 or 12 through the 20th. It seems like this promotion will apply for the first few nights of our trip, but then we'll be stuck with rack rates - at least until another promo comes out. How will this work for us? From what I understand, I can book the room now and on 4/2 call and get a discount for the first nights. When/if a discount is released for the last nights of the trip, can I call again and change the second half to that discount? Will it end up being two separate reservations? I'm still not sure what resort. Right now I'm thinking an AoA Family Suite because we have myself, my mom, DH, DS6, DS4, and DD2 along for the ride and need separate sleeping areas while keeping the price reasonable. TIA
grkmbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 08:17 PM   #97
ADisneyQueen
DIS Veteran
 
ADisneyQueen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: PA
Posts: 3,555

You will have no problem adding on another discount later. I do not think this will require 2 separate reservations.

What does everybody think of the following?:
I am thinking about staying at POP for the first night so that I can purchase the discounted tickets and then move to AOA LM rooms the next night. We are going with extended family and we could save some $ on tickets. Is there a minimum number of nights in order to get the ticktes? We will be getting to the resort late so we don't care where we stay the first night.
__________________
Our Family DH Me DD17 DD13, DC 18 RIP, DC 2
Dec.2001-First family trip to WDW, ASMovies
Nov.2003-CSR,Oct. 2004-Offsite at HIFS(now Nick Hotel)March 2006-POP,Easter March 2008- POP
Christmas 2009-CBR and RI Seaworld,June 2012-POP
Aug 2013- CSR and AOA
ADisneyQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 08:36 PM   #98
crehm
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 5

Oh my gosh...this is such great news!!! We have our first trip booked for June 16-22. Staying at All Star Movies, 6 day Magic your way + water parks and the dining plan for 2 adults and 1 child. We also got the photo pass plus added when it was offered for $158.69 . Our total came up to $3006 and some odd cents. Can anyone give me an idea of about how much this will save us? I tried doing the math, but since I'm really not sure how much any of the items cost separately I am a little lost. Also I keep reading about rack rates and I don't know what that is or if it is what I currently have.
Any amount off is exciting!!!
crehm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 09:22 PM   #99
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran
 
Mousemommy1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NH
Posts: 11,069

Quote:
Originally Posted by crehm View Post
Oh my gosh...this is such great news!!! We have our first trip booked for June 16-22. Staying at All Star Movies, 6 day Magic your way + water parks and the dining plan for 2 adults and 1 child. We also got the photo pass plus added when it was offered for $158.69 . Our total came up to $3006 and some odd cents. Can anyone give me an idea of about how much this will save us? I tried doing the math, but since I'm really not sure how much any of the items cost separately I am a little lost. Also I keep reading about rack rates and I don't know what that is or if it is what I currently have.
Any amount off is exciting!!!
Did you pay $158.69 for the Photopass+ ? Because you can preorder it for $149....not a huge difference but why would they charge you MORE for it as part of the package?
__________________
(DH) (ME) (DD10) (DD7) (DS Due 1/12/15!!)


PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Mousemommy1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 09:32 PM   #100
smitch425
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Dayton, OH
Posts: 11,631

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
Did you pay $158.69 for the Photopass+ ? Because you can preorder it for $149....not a huge difference but why would they charge you MORE for it as part of the package?
Sounds like it might be $149+tax. Maybe?
smitch425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 09:45 PM   #101
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran
 
Mousemommy1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NH
Posts: 11,069

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitch425 View Post
Sounds like it might be $149+tax. Maybe?
Maybe??? I did not pay tax on the Photopass...

We do not have sales tax in NH, so maybe that's why??
__________________
(DH) (ME) (DD10) (DD7) (DS Due 1/12/15!!)


PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Mousemommy1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 09:48 PM   #102
black562
Dept of Redundancy Dept
 
black562's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 4,196

The rules for free dining are usually different. If you use a free dining package, you must checkin on one of the dates it's offered. So if your checkin is before, you can't just add it to the last few days of the trip. However, if you checkin on one of the dates, it will continue for the length of your trip, even if it goes beyond the dates offered
__________________
Joe
1973-1994 - Off Site | 1995 - Carribbean Beach, All Star Music, Beach Club | 1996 - Dixie Landings
1997 - Off Site
| 1998 - Polynesian | 1999 - All Star Music | 2000 - Riverside | 2001 - All Star Music
2002 - All Star Movies, All Star Sports, All Star Music | 2003 - Riverside | 2005 - Pop Century
2006 - All Star Music, Riverside, All Star Sports, Pop Century
| 2007 - Pop Century | 2008 - Pop Century
2009 - Dolphin, Pop Century | 2010 - Riverside | 2012 - All Star Music | 2013 - Coronado Springs
2014 - Coronado Springs



black562 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 09:52 PM   #103
CuteAsMinnie
DIS Veteran
 
CuteAsMinnie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Chicago
Posts: 1,713

Thanks so much for the info Danny!

I know room categories within a resort can have different discounts. How certain is it the 20% discount at the WL would apply to CL rooms as well?


__________________
CBR - 1989 (first trip)
CBR - 1995
Wilderness Lodge - 1998, 2001, 2005, 2007
Wilderness Lodge Old Faithful Club - 2010, 2013, 2015
We'll be home soon...

CuteAsMinnie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 09:59 PM   #104
smitch425
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Dayton, OH
Posts: 11,631

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
Maybe??? I did not pay tax on the Photopass...

We do not have sales tax in NH, so maybe that's why??
I've never paid tax on Photopass either, but maybe since it was booked within the package they charge tax. I have only ordered it separately.
smitch425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 10:06 PM   #105
TheDisney411
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,296

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wood Nymph

You can add dining up to five days before the reservation date as long as you also have purchased park tickets, thereby making it a Magic My Way package. You can add the tickets at the same time as you add the dining plan, or you can buy the tickets earlier than that. That is what we did for our reservation last month. I booked a room only reservation in July, got the RO discount for it in October, then bought tickets in January and added the dining plan ten days before our Feb 5th check in date. There weren't any problems doing it that way.
You can add the dining plan up to 72 hours before your check in date.
TheDisney411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:34 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.