Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK Trip Planning Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-15-2013, 04:10 AM   #16
Sam1
Mouseketeer

It's interesting to see people's views. This will be our first visit, but the UK pavilion is something we're really looking forward to. There again, I've been known to try to search out fish and chips in Spain without much luck.

Granted, I live in France, but I'm still looking forward to France as well. It'll be interesting to see how they replicate both.
Sam1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 04:12 AM   #17
wideeyes
Won't use fake tan, wants to stay pale & interesting
Does not do sea food

We like it. My daughter liked Alice and Mary poppins. Plus the shop is quite nice. Had some lovely children books. We eat the fish and chips as enjoy eating them by the lake. We then go to France for an ice cream! we try to enjoy all the countries!

wideeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-15-2013, 04:37 AM   #18
2Tiggies
I am subscribing to this thread just so I can see your shirt
I like those water proof containers that hang around my neck on a lanyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukool View Post
We did Epcot on our first day, and my mum got all excited in the UK shop - ' wow they have walkers crisps' etc... we had been in the states one day and she was happy to see 'familer' food in the shop.
Sounds like my DD! "Mum, look, Crunchies and Fruit gums - can we buy some?"

Prices in 2010

I said NO!

[Engaged to the man of my dreams at WDW, Summer 2014
2Tiggies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 05:09 AM   #19
torsie24
Or I could call it the postalabration
Now I know to wear flip flops!
Got engaged on a trip to Disneyland Paris

We don't spend much time there either.

Popped in the shop quickly, more out of curiosity as to what they sell to sum up the UK.

We certainly never consider eating or drinking there.

Mainly because I LOVE Mexican, Japanese and Moroccan food, so am always drawn to those.

Same with France and Germany, we tend to pop in the Christmas shop in Germany, but not do much else, and France we've been in the shops once and did a mission there.

Most of our WS time is spent in Mexico and Japan, and I do enjoy a CS from Morocco.

WDW: 1994-I Drive / 2009-AKL / 2011-Disney Wedding -AKL-GF RPC-BW-BLT
DLRP 1997-HNY / 2000-SL / 2008-SL / 2009-DLH / 2012-HNY
DLR: 2005-Day Trip
torsie24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 05:23 AM   #20
wideeyes
Won't use fake tan, wants to stay pale & interesting
Does not do sea food

You can buy the biscuits they sold in the Germany shop from lidl. They used to be about £1. They were sold as luxury biscuits at epcot..I don't know if they still sell them as not been to Wdw in 3 years. :-)

wideeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 06:15 AM   #21
higgy66
I have to force myself to go on Splash Mountain so the kids won't end up like me - a baby!

I used to have the same attitude but then one night we had fish & chips sitting on the benches behind overlooking the lake and it was a lovely spot to take a break

Last year we stayed at the beach club so as the UK is near the exit to take to the hotel we saw a lot more of it last year

The bands they had playing in the UK were really good and we stopped each time we were passing for a little dance - much to my daughters embarrassment!

We had a nosey around the shop and a good laugh at the prices and the CM's were really friendly
Old 03-15-2013, 06:42 AM   #22
wen-tom
spit spot!

we dont spent a lot of time there but I do think that the pavillion around the back where the band plays is a nice peaceful spot for a rest. We have always thought that the band was really good and have had a pint while watching them play.

I also do like the outdoor seating area of the rose & crown. It is usually a nice peaceful spot to look out over the lagoon.

wen-tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 07:06 AM   #23
smallblackstars
Mouseketeer

We don't stop at UK either, we will walk through the shop and giggle at how much the sweets are and stop if there is a character but that's all. They should do something else with this pavilion, even a movie would be good, one covering all of the UK, not just England. If they sold Irn Bru there I would definitely stop in to grab some!

Me (31), DH (26), DD (4), Ninja (2)

smallblackstars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 07:40 AM   #24
laura_<3
DIS Veteran

We don't spend a lot of time in this pavilion. I think we've only been in the shops once or twice. Whilst waiting for our ADR at the Rose and Crown we sat in the gardens and watched the band and we enjoyed it. We popped in the telephone boxes last year when it was raining and took a few calls which was fun.
August 2005 - Indian Ridge Villas May 2009 - All Star Sports (Steven's first trip!)July 2011 - Royal Palms Villas July/August 2011 trip reportSeptember 2012 - Port Orleans Riverside September 2012 trip report July 2015 - Our Disney Wedding, Port Orleans Riverside
Engaged at Magic Kingdom 23rd September 2012 My Youtube Channel New - My wedding blog https://lauradisneybride.wordpress.com/
laura_<3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 08:23 AM   #25
disney_princess_85
Liked the sky effect
If we feel like having pop tarts for breakfast we can

I'm rather partial to a Welsh Dragon at the Rose & Crown.
January 2002- Disneyland Paris, Sequoia Lodge, October 2007- Disneyland Paris, Newport Bay Club, May 2008- Walt Disney World, Pop Century/Universal Studios, Royal Pacific Resort, January 2009- Disneyland Paris, Holiday Inn, March 2009- Disneyland Paris, Sequoia Lodge, May 2009- Disneyland Paris, Magic Circus, September 2009- Walt Disney World, Coronado Springs/Universal Studios, Hard Rock Hotel Club Level, November 2009- Disneyland Paris, Hotel Cheyenne, February 2010- Disneyland Paris, Magic Circus, May 2010- Disneyland Paris, Magic Circus, August-September 2010- Walt Disney World, Saratoga Springs/Universal Studios, Royal Pacific Resort Club Level, October 2010- Disneyland Paris, Magic Circus, December 2010-January 2011- Disneyland Paris, Magic Circus, September 2011- Walt Disney World, POFQ/Disney Dream/Walt Disney World, Saratoga Springs, October 2012- Walt Disney World, Pop Century/Disney Dream/Walt Disney World, Wilderness Lodge, February 2013- Disneyland Paris, Hotel Cheyenne, October 2013- Walt Disney World, Old Key West, Animal Kingdom Lodge, May 2014- Disneyland, Paradise Pier

Lauren
disney_princess_85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 10:53 AM   #26
TinkerbellW
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by royal99 View Post

Does anyone else like me avoid it? I read a lot of people on here rave about it so if you are a big fan persuade me why I should head to UK on my next WDW holiday and if persuaded I might head on over
Yes me! In 5 visits to the world I have only ever set foot in the 'shop' at UK pavilion and even then it was a quick in, glance around and out. This thread has got me curious though, so maybe will check it out a little more this year.

Thank you for drawing our attention to it
January 2005 'Last family trip' - Pop Century May 2007 '1st single parent trip' - Pop CenturyJuly 2010 'My 40th Birthday'- All Star Sports April 2012 'Graduation' - Pop Century July 2013 'Onwards and upwards' - Art Of Animation
July 2015 'We made it back' - Port Orleans French Quarter

TinkerbellW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 01:44 PM   #27
meggiebeth
Have faith in your dreams and someday your rainbow will come smiling through...

We don't avoid it, but I have to say while the buildings are pretty authentic for England. The Rose and Crown was terrible so I would sure avoid it if I were you! The food was NOT British- it was disgusting! It annoys me that they market WS as giving authentic tastes around the world and the food does not do the UK justice.

The view for illuminations is great though. The shops are... Stereotypical! Like you, the last place I want to be is a replica of the UK when we have spent so much to get away from the UK! Haha!

Meg~ Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

$5 A Day Means Disney MY Way! An October TR
~Our 18 day trip to Walt Disney World. Deluxe Dining Plan, Keys to the Kingdom Tour,
MNSSHP, Epcot Food & Wine Festival and MVMCP all in one trip!~

meggiebeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 02:16 PM   #28
2Tiggies

Quote:
Originally Posted by torsie24 View Post

Mainly because I LOVE Mexican, Japanese and Moroccan food, so am always drawn to those.
You would be my ideal dinner friend! Those are my top 3!

Quote:
Originally Posted by meggiebeth View Post
It annoys me that they market WS as giving authentic tastes around the world and the food does not do the UK justice.
I think every country represented in the WS has this view. It's to give you a taster of the culture. I actually think they do really well. I must admit it has occurred to me that if I emigrated and left the UK it would only be a matter of time before I started spending some time at the UK pavilion!

[Engaged to the man of my dreams at WDW, Summer 2014
2Tiggies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 02:20 PM   #29
BethEJo
I left the house at 5.45am - that's unheard of for a student
WDW CM 19/06/11 - 02/09/11

Quote:
Originally Posted by BethEJo View Post
Granted, the shops aren't great, but I will walk around them purely for entertainment value! Have you seen the price on Fruit Pastilles in there?!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Tiggies View Post
Ha - that's what I'm talking about
BethEJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 06:54 PM   #30
2Tiggies

Quote:
Originally Posted by BethEJo View Post
Ha - that's what I'm talking about
Yeah and don't forget to add 6.5% and 3 years of inflation to that tag