Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure Forums
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-14-2013, 12:09 PM   #1
Duchie
"Answers are the easy part, questions raise the doubt." - J. Buffett

Park Strategy

We're considering traveling early- to mid-June, mid-week, staying onsite. Utilizing the early entry I assumed we should head straight to HPFJ since it does not have an express line and then work our way around to the other attractions that have express line. We've never been so I don't know if this is the best plan or not. Does everyone rush straight there so the queue gets huge right away?
Duchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 12:19 PM   #2
heidijanesmith
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchie View Post
We're considering traveling early- to mid-June, mid-week, staying onsite. Utilizing the early entry I assumed we should head straight to HPFJ since it does not have an express line and then work our way around to the other attractions that have express line. We've never been so I don't know if this is the best plan or not. Does everyone rush straight there so the queue gets huge right away?
If you are interested in Olivander's do that 1st. The line for Olivander's gets huge and it's slow moving, also outdoors.

We do Olivanders, FJ several times, DD, FoH, then butterbeer and shops. We usually fly thru the FJ queue the 1st time with little not no wait, then the 2nd and 3rd time thru we take our time. The queue is awesome and can take a while, especially if you want to listen to Dumbledore and Harry/Hermione/Ron's spiel. Just let other's pass you and take your time.

We also like to come back at night, WWoHP is awesome at night. This last Aug, we came back a couple hours before closing. FJ wait was under 30min, so we rode it several times. FoH has great views of WWoHP area, especially at night.

After leaving WWoHP, just your express pass for any other rides/shows that you want to see. WWoHP is the only "planning" I do for IoA, we just tour at our leisure after that.

May 2005 AKL Pool view
July 2010 Poly Standard view- WDW and US
Aug 2012 YC Pool view- WDW, US and BG
Oct 2013 Poly Cl Lagoon view- WDW and US
Oct 2014 BW CL BW View- WDW and US

The Smith's take on the Poly- TR
heidijanesmith is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-14-2013, 12:30 PM   #3
Duchie
"Answers are the easy part, questions raise the doubt." - J. Buffett

Quote:
Originally Posted by heidijanesmith View Post
If you are interested in Olivander's do that 1st. The line for Olivander's gets huge and it's slow moving, also outdoors.

We do Olivanders, FJ several times, DD, FoH, then butterbeer and shops. We usually fly thru the FJ queue the 1st time with little not no wait, then the 2nd and 3rd time thru we take our time. The queue is awesome and can take a while, especially if you want to listen to Dumbledore and Harry/Hermione/Ron's spiel. Just let other's pass you and take your time.

We also like to come back at night, WWoHP is awesome at night. This last Aug, we came back a couple hours before closing. FJ wait was under 30min, so we rode it several times. FoH has great views of WWoHP area, especially at night.

After leaving WWoHP, just your express pass for any other rides/shows that you want to see. WWoHP is the only "planning" I do for IoA, we just tour at our leisure after that.
That's pretty much how we're approaching it. The main draw for us is WWoHP. Of course we want to see/do other things in the parks as well, but we want to do this first.

Thanks for the tip about Olivanders. I know the kids want to go there s we'll plan on hitting it first. I like the thought that it might be less crowded in the early evening as well.

So during the early admission hour, does everone rush straight to WWoHP?
Duchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 02:01 PM   #4
Lynne G
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchie View Post
That's pretty much how we're approaching it. The main draw for us is WWoHP. Of course we want to see/do other things in the parks as well, but we want to do this first.

Thanks for the tip about Olivanders. I know the kids want to go there s we'll plan on hitting it first. I like the thought that it might be less crowded in the early evening as well.

So during the early admission hour, does everone rush straight to WWoHP?
Yes, the crowd does head straight to Potterland. Also, because during that hour, nothing else is really open, except for some of the stores and food places.
Lynne G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 02:41 PM   #5
Metro West
Proud Redhead
11.47 Miles from Universal
23.56 Miles from Disney

DISboards Moderator

OP...since you're staying onsite, you won't really have to plan much of anything. With your unlimited Express the lines won't be an issue for you. Just go and relax and enjoy yourselves.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: