Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-19-2013, 12:11 PM   #31
Peter Pirate 2
I may be a Disney curmudgeon but I still have Disney hope
What happened to Peter Pirate?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRDISNEYMD View Post
~I totally agree with this, Pirate! Do you still like WDW? How often do you visit? I visit WDW, once a year for a week including travel days, that's all. With that said, I've made plans for this year but they aren't ironclad. Do you still get excited about Disney vacations? Sometimes, I think people overdo Disney with multiple trips per year, for week(s) at a time and become burned out -- so it's beneficial for them to take a break from Disney for a while.
Sure I still like WDW a lot but I am less forgiving now that my kids are older and the focus is no longer on them. I can see the forest for the trees.

I do not like the money grubbing every/any compny they have become. I much preferred the simpler time when beiing better than everyone else and making quality (anything) was the way to meet their goals. I hate the hype, hype, hype...
Peter Pirate 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 06:57 PM   #32
DRDISNEYMD
*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+* *+*~The Snow Queen~*+* ~A girl should be two things: *+*~Classy & Fabulous~*+* +*+*~Coco Chanel~*+*+*+ *+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushman View Post
We had hoped the FP+ would be up and operational by the time our June 13th trip rolls around, but I guess I can temper my enthusiasm for that. Oh, well.

As for the other thing is this thread, I agree that's possible to "overdo" Disney. This summer will be our 3rd trip in 3 years, but we know our schedules the next few years won't allow it, so any fatigue we might have after this trip will give us plenty of time to recharge.

We also go to Vegas twice a year. We spend the 4th week doing something else, like a cruise, the beach, or a city we haven't been to before.

Personally, I work with a bunch of humorless people whose lives revolve around work and nothing else, so when we travel, Disney and Vegas are the perfect spots where we don't have to think. Just have fun and play everything by ear.

Just my 2 cents...
~Great post! I agree with you. When it comes to Disney, it's all about fun! Las Vegas is a two night getaway, I'm typically bored by day three. Actually, the majority of my trips are 3-4 nights and honestly a week at Disney is too long for me, I prefer 5 days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Pirate 2 View Post
So you're well versed and that is good, IMO.

Your comment about working with humorless workaholics made me cringe! I hope somehow, some way that changes for you.
~Wow!!! Unfortunately, we all can't live in paradise, Mr. Pirate. This lavish, laid back ocean pier lifestyle of yours, irritates me -- every time I think about this, it makes me sad. I want to go to the waters, Pirate!!!

Quote:
Sure I still like WDW a lot but I am less forgiving now that my kids are older and the focus is no longer on them. I can see the forest for the trees.

I do not like the money grubbing every/any compny they have become. I much preferred the simpler time when beiing better than everyone else and making quality (anything) was the way to meet their goals. I hate the hype, hype, hype...
~Awww, I remember a simpler time, too. It was during my childhood! But, since then 'everything' has changed -- everywhere. By this logic, you would hate everything, right??? But, who am I fooling -- Disney has changed drastically over the years. You are messing with my perspective -- if I looked at Disney the way you do, I would stop going altogether! With that said, I have had to adjust (lower) my expectations when it comes to WDW. But, I still don't think you have to be the "stupid tourist" in order to enjoy all that WDW has to offer. I'm sure you agree, otherwise you wouldn't be here. Right???
Register to remove

Old 03-19-2013, 08:04 PM   #33
Peter Pirate 2

Quote:
~

~Wow!!! Unfortunately, we all can't live in paradise, Mr. Pirate. This lavish, laid back ocean pier lifestyle of yours, irritates me -- every time I think about this, it makes me sad. I want to go to the waters, Pirate!!! :
I realize being a disney local "messes with perspective" and so does becoming an empty nester! LOL. And time changes everything, just not as fast as things have changed at Disney (which is my gripe after all, right?). Perhaps that is just my problem...

As for my life on the beach. I absolutely won't complain but lest you think all is just peachy all of the time. We do deal with nearshore pollution. We have one road in and out for 110 miles that gets pretty darned clogged this time of year. We had a "contract" hit attempt recently. While my house is merely 20 yards from the ocean, how do you think we feel during hurricane season (which is six months)? And lastly, most of the "locals" are no longer locals ... They've all relocated (it's not as laid back as it once was).

There, now I hope you can sleep better and realize that "paradise" doesn't really exist.

Drdisneymd, it is truly nice talking to you.
Old 03-19-2013, 09:01 PM   #34
buzzCMlightyear
PERNER OWNER

Just wait until the Fantasmic! Fastpass+ info gets leaked then you'll have some new news to talk about
buzzCMlightyear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 04:29 PM   #35
DRDISNEYMD
*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+* *+*~The Snow Queen~*+* ~A girl should be two things: *+*~Classy & Fabulous~*+* +*+*~Coco Chanel~*+*+*+ *+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*

Quote:
I realize being a disney local "messes with perspective" and so does becoming an empty nester! LOL. And time changes everything, just not as fast as things have changed at Disney (which is my gripe after all, right?). Perhaps that is just my problem...

As for my life on the beach. I absolutely won't complain but lest you think all is just peachy all of the time. We do deal with nearshore pollution. We have one road in and out for 110 miles that gets pretty darned clogged this time of year. We had a "contract" hit attempt recently. While my house is merely 20 yards from the ocean, how do you think we feel during hurricane season (which is six months)? And lastly, most of the "locals" are no longer locals ... They've all relocated (it's not as laid back as it once was).

There, now I hope you can sleep better and realize that "paradise" doesn't really exist.

Drdisneymd, it is truly nice talking to you.
~This sounds like paradise! Pirate, you can dumb it down all you want, but I know ocean front living & I belong near the waters! I had to google "contract hit attempt", lol. Is this really a big deal? Where I live people just "get shot" -- contract or not, sad but true. I live about fifty miles from one of the most dangerous cities in the world, and I live in one of the largest college towns, so there's never a dull moment. It's so cold and gray today, want to trade, Pirate? And, why have you stopped posting? While, I don't agree with 99% of what you say, I wish you would stick around a little more!!! Good-bye, Pirate!

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzCMlightyear View Post
Just wait until the Fantasmic! Fastpass+ info gets leaked then you'll have some new news to talk about
~Oh come on... this is not okay, buzz!!! Spill the beans or else... this inquiring mind wants to know.
Old 03-20-2013, 05:20 PM   #36
KELLY
DIS Veteran

Quote:
~This sounds like paradise! Pirate, you can dumb it down all you want, but I know ocean front living & I belong near the waters! I had to google "contract hit attempt", lol. Is this really a big deal? Where I live people just "get shot" -- contract or not, sad but true. I live about fifty miles from one of the most dangerous cities in the world, and I live in one of the largest college towns, so there's never a dull moment. It's so cold and gray today, want to trade, Pirate? And, why have you stopped posting? While, I don't agree with 99% of what you say, I wish you would stick around a little more!!! Good-bye, Pirate!

~Oh come on... this is not okay, buzz!!! Spill the beans or else... this inquiring mind wants to know.
Thought that was public knowledge about fantasmic, MSEP and Illuminations. FP for seating areas. I guess I didn't know that was top secret.

2003 ASMO, 2004 WL, 2005 POFQ, 2006 POFQ, 2007 SSR, 2008 SSR, 2009 POFQ& POP (FD) , 2010 POP (FD) , 2011 POP (FD), 2012 POP (FD),2013 pop (FD) up next POP FD bouncebacks
Me , DH , DD 8 and DD 6
KELLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 06:37 PM   #37
doconeill

Fastpass Jedi Master

My thought on the "May 19th" end date is:

1) It is a 60 day period that they have announced...good, round number...

2) By then, they will hopefully be able to deal with it at the ticket booths...

3) MagicBands might finally be out by then.
4th Annual New England DISMeet for GiveKidsTheWorld - Oct 3-5, 2014 - Plymouth, MA

doconeill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 08:56 PM   #38
Peter Pirate 2

Quote:
Nah, I won't trade. My daughters at school in upstate NY and I'll live the northern life through her for now. I already did my cold and gray lifestyle in northern Michigan!

As for the dangers, the hit was just an example of paradise on our little Island of 10,000. For real world we need only wait for the weekend or travel up to Miami (a ghastly place).

As for my posting, well, you seem to enjoy my musings yet disagree with 99%. Most around here agree with you on one point and disagree on the other. I really have little to offer and little will to fight. I once was a HUGE, really HUGE Disney defender but the rose colored glasses no longer fit.
Old 03-20-2013, 11:25 PM   #39
buzzCMlightyear
PERNER OWNER

Quote:
Nothing is final yet with Fantasmic! Fastpass+ except for the fact that 80% of the theater will be FP or Dining package seating..
Old 03-21-2013, 01:57 PM   #40
DRDISNEYMD

Quote:
Originally Posted by KELLY View Post
Thought that was public knowledge about fantasmic, MSEP and Illuminations. FP for seating areas. I guess I didn't know that was top secret.
~Thanks, KELLY! I read about this a while back, and I knew about the fireworks. I was expecting something more sinister, I suppose. But, what was I thinking? This is Disney! That grumpy pirate is rubbing off on me -- I think!

Quote:
Nah, I won't trade. My daughters at school in upstate NY and I'll live the northern life through her for now. I already did my cold and gray lifestyle in northern Michigan!

As for the dangers, the hit was just an example of paradise on our little Island of 10,000. For real world we need only wait for the weekend or travel up to Miami (a ghastly place).

As for my posting, well, you seem to enjoy my musings yet disagree with 99%. Most around here agree with you on one point and disagree on the other. I really have little to offer and little will to fight. I once was a HUGE, really HUGE Disney defender but the rose colored glasses no longer fit.
~Yeah, but I see you won't trade -- actions speak louder, Pirate! Miami, I'll take it (just in tiny doses at The Setai), every dense urban environment has its share of blight & crime.

~And, I don't enjoy your musings, I *love* them! You have such a way with words, even if they are wrong, I can read them all day! Anything and I mean anything is better than those ludicrous FP+ rants. At least, your posts have a ring of truth to it. You can't leave me now, Mr. Pirate. I want to learn more about Disney & Walmart!

~OMG, you lived Northern Michigan! I know nothing about Michigan, nothing! Like you, I was also a huge Disney defender. I've downgraded a little, but Disney is still number one. Beach vacations, like most others are just a few nights and I'm not a cruise line person. There is no place else that provides as much as Disney World, imo. But, I might feel differently if I lived in paradise!

Quote:
Nothing is final yet with Fantasmic! Fastpass+ except for the fact that 80% of the theater will be FP or Dining package seating..
~Wow, I don't know what to say, 80% is a lot. I guess it could eliminate the long wait and hassle for the shows, we'll see. Thanks so much for the update, buzz!
Old 03-21-2013, 04:43 PM   #41
buzzCMlightyear
PERNER OWNER

Quote:
~Wow, I don't know what to say, 80% is a lot. I guess it could eliminate the long wait and hassle for the shows, we'll see. Thanks so much for the update, buzz!
One thing people will hate will be that Fantasmic! FP+ will be in the same grouping as TSMM and RNRC, and you may only pick one!
Old 03-21-2013, 06:45 PM   #42
Peter Pirate 2

Quote:
One thing people will hate will be that Fantasmic! FP+ will be in the same grouping as TSMM and RNRC, and you may only pick one!
LOL! Sadly, that makes me a little happy.
Old 03-22-2013, 09:43 AM   #43
DRDISNEYMD

Quote:
~LOL. Thanks so much buzz, for all of this inside info! Personally, I can't wait for Disney to finally start this, it feels like forever. I originally predicted late 2013/early 2014, but I really hope it's sooner. Anyway, please keep me posted!
Quote:
LOL! Sadly, that makes me a little happy.
~LOL. Oh, Mr Pirate, you are so funny! And, strangely enough, I agree -- for some reason, reading that makes me happy! Pirate, you really need to start a Disney Walmart thread, so I can argue -- I mean discuss it with you. I miss you already!
Old 03-22-2013, 02:14 PM   #44
Peter Pirate 2

Quote:
~LOL. Thanks so much buzz, for all of this inside info! Personally, I can't wait for Disney to finally start this, it feels like forever. I originally predicted late 2013/early 2014, but I really hope it's sooner. Anyway, please keep me posted!
~LOL. Oh, Mr Pirate, you are so funny! And, strangely enough, I agree -- for some reason, reading that makes me happy! Pirate, you really need to start a Disney Walmart thread, so I can argue -- I mean discuss it with you. I miss you already!
You miss me? Did I die? I didn't get the memo, I guess.
Old 03-22-2013, 04:51 PM   #45
beer dave
There are 10 kinds of people in the world-- those who understand the binary numbering system, and those who do not.

Quote:
I once was a HUGE, really HUGE Disney defender but the rose colored glasses no longer fit.
I think my rose colored glasses are like bifocals. If I don't look too close, everything is still rosey.
beer dave is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: