DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Member Services
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-19-2010, 02:24 PM   #1
Baloo2003
Mouseketeer

Using DVC points in Tokyo Disney Resort and Hong Kong Disneyland hotels

Has anyone ever used DVC points to book Tokyo hotels (Mira Costa Hotel, Tokyo Disneyland Hotel, or Disney's Ambassador Hotel) or Hong Kong Disney Hotels (Hong Kong Disneyland Hotel or Disney's Hollywood Hotel)?

We are planning a trip in March of next year and would appreciate any information on your experience with booking anyof these hotels.

I know that you have to wait until 6 months from Check out date to request a reservation using DVC points, although if you are paying for a room you can book much earlier.

-Did you have any problem with room availablility when using DVC points at the 6-month window?
-Did you get your first option on your request or did you wind up with your second choice?
-How quickly did you hear back from DVC after making your request?

If you have any additional info you feel I should be aware of please include in your response. Thanks for any help you can offer.

Baloo2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 08:17 PM   #2
123Disney
DIS Veteran

I would love to know this information as well.
Register to remove

Old 07-19-2010, 11:26 PM   #3
lily28
Mouseketeer

I can't speak for the tokyo hotel but for hong kong disney hotels, I found using the dvc points not cost effective. I found that paying cash might be more economical. hong kong hollywood hotel is 4* and cheaper than the disneyland hotel. I save by buying an annual pass for hong kong disney park about $90 for regular adults and < $50 for senior. then depend on when you go to the hong kong disney park, you get 30-50% of the rack rate. I have once paid $80/ night for the hollywood hotel in nov and $120 for the disneyland hotel in April. You can check out the price at the website hongkongdisneyland.com. good luck
lily28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 11:43 PM   #4
engo
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lily28 View Post
I can't speak for the tokyo hotel but for hong kong disney hotels, I found using the dvc points not cost effective. I found that paying cash might be more economical. hong kong hollywood hotel is 4* and cheaper than the disneyland hotel. I save by buying an annual pass for hong kong disney park about $90 for regular adults and < $50 for senior. then depend on when you go to the hong kong disney park, you get 30-50% of the rack rate. I have once paid $80/ night for the hollywood hotel in nov and $120 for the disneyland hotel in April. You can check out the price at the website hongkongdisneyland.com. good luck
Completely agree. The hotels at Hong Kong Disneyland often run hotel/admission packages at a fairly good rate. The rate probably changes, but this should give you a pretty good idea.

http://park.hongkongdisneyland.com/h...ckages2010Page

2012/12 - HK Disneyland
2012/08 - Disneyland
2011/08 - Disneyland
2010/12 - HK Disneyland
2010/06 - Disneyland
2009/08 - Disneyland
2008/11, 2007/02, 2005/12 - HK Disneyland

engo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 12:55 AM   #5
lily28
Mouseketeer

hong kong disney hotels often run the special that if you stay at either hollywood hotel or disneyland hote and buy a 1 day ticket, you can go to the park free the 2nd day. So I find it cheaper to buy tickets and hotel separately. 4 people can stay in a room and you can ask for a rollaway (pretty comfortable) free (only tip for the cm setting up the bed). Hotels at hong kong are like the hotels at WDW, not like the DVC villa. So, no coffeemaker or microwave. I can't remember whether there is refrigarator or not. There is a hot pot to make hot water for tea and instant coffee. Restaurents are limited to those at the park and at the hotels.
lily28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 11:22 AM   #6
Tymsawasting
Born and Raised in the Mouse House

Exclamation Tokyo Disneyland Resort

I have been to Tokyo Disney a few times since living here in Japan.
I have used my points to stay at the Ambassador hotel an the Miracosta.
The exchange rate for USD to YEN makes using your points extremely beneficial. With that said, Japan has the most expensive hotel rates I have ever know. Add the mouse ear price tag to boot and you are using twice the points you would normally throw down for WDW over Christmas. So you should really want to come and stay for the experience and not just something in passing. As for reviews on each hotel, just ask me.
Tymsawasting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 11:00 PM   #7
ronacele@earthlink.n
Earning My Ears

Planning to go to Todkyo Disney in April 2014

As you all can see I'm a planner. After reading the post from Baloo, I was wondering if anyone replied to his (?) post I have some of the same questions. How impossible is it to use points for the Tokyo resort and which, if any resort, were you able to get into? Dis Baloo post a repport of the trip? I am determined to go there, so I will pay for a hotel if I must but would rather use my points. If I don't have exactly enough points, can I pay the difference with cash? Originally I thought I would go for four nights but unow want to gor for five so I have four full days.

All input greatly welcomed and appreciated.

Rona
Old 03-17-2013, 06:02 AM   #8
thptrek
DIS Veteran

You may want to check out the Hilton Tokyo Bay Hotel. It is part of the TokyoDisney Hotels and has a great location right across from the monorail station. I stayed there last year and the room were very good. They have themed rooms too if you have small ones. Their best rooms are called something like Celebrio and are very cool.

New DVC Member 2013 (BLT) - First Trip Home March 14
thptrek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 02:19 PM   #9
dvc_john
DIS Veteran

DVC-Trivia Contest - April, 2006: 2nd Place

Quote:
Originally Posted by thptrek View Post
You may want to check out the Hilton Tokyo Bay Hotel. It is part of the TokyoDisney Hotels and has a great location right across from the monorail station. I stayed there last year and the room were very good. They have themed rooms too if you have small ones. Their best rooms are called something like Celebrio and are very cool.
ditto...

I stayed here using Hhonors points, so it was free. Also, due to my Hhonors status I had access to the concierge room for breaksfast. My room was quite large actually, and had a nice view of Tokyo Bay. And being right across from the monorail was vey convenient.

DVC nights stayed to date:
AKV 15, ARS 8, BCV 61, BLT 17, BWV 83, HH 64, OKW 198, SSR 30, THV 9, VB 28, VGC 20, VGF 4, VWL 52

dvc_john is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 02:36 PM   #10
missycj96
DIS Veteran

I used points to book my sister 1 night at the hong kong disneyland hotel. I booked it maybe 2 weeks in advance. The procedure is you make the request to dvc. They check with hong kong and if its avail they book it. You have to give your preferences. There were 3 views listed but the only one avail at the hotel was the water view with the balcony. Its not like they tell you what is avail and you decide. It was a lot of points (47) but the hotel is expensive and park tickets are included in hong kong. My sister loved it.
missycj96 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: