Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Adults and Solo Travelers
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-14-2013, 09:32 AM   #1
Tammy296
DIS Veteran

Which would you stay at if money werent an issue?

Boardwalk or yacht Club (standard room only, 5 day base ticket)....

thoughts? and why would you choose the one you chose?

-----------------------------
All Star Sports May 1997; Pop Century May 1999; Pop Century May 2010; Port Orleans French Quarter Nov 2010; Port Orleans Resort New Rooms Sept/Oct 2012; FIRST SOLO STAY: Beach Club/POP Century Mar 2013; POR Oct 2013
Tammy296 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 09:34 AM   #2
Kristibo42
DIS Veteran

I wouldn't stay at either. I would stay at Animal Kingdom Lodge.

Next trip July 2016 POP and AOA about 70 people
Dec. 2013 Pop Century to celebrate 25 anniversary Adults only
All Star Sports family trip 25 people Feb 2011
Pop Century September. 2009
Pop Century Adults only 20 year anniversary Dec 2008
Pop Century Big family trip 42 people July 2007
Contemporary and All Star Music Dec. 2006
All Star Music June 2005
Port Orleans- Riverside and Disney Wonder Nov. 2002
6th grade trip To Magic Kingdom had my first kiss on Tom Sawyers Island June 1977
Kristibo42 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-14-2013, 09:45 AM   #3
jordanri
i am disgruntled in every childhood photo from disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tammy296 View Post

boardwalks' main pool is down, beach club has a nicer one anyway. short walk to epcot, walking to dhs is doable but closer to a half hours.

boardwalk is friendlier imo, worked at both hotels and preffered being at boardwalk or in sandcastle club at beach. boardwalk as a community hall you can utilize although not dvc! the staff there are great, i would know

2012 Disney College Program Children's Activities Hostess • 2012 Disney's Contemporary Resort & Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort • 2012 Disney's Port Orleans French Quarter Resort • 2012 Disney's Pop Century Resort • 2011 Disney College Program Attractions Hostess • 2011 Disney's Pop Century Resort • 2008 Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort • 2004 Off-Site Band Trip • 2001 Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort • 1999 Disney's Port Orleans Resort • 1997 Disney's Dixie Landings Resort • 1995 Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort • 1994 Disney's Port Orleans Resort
jordanri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 10:12 AM   #4
Tammy296
DIS Veteran

OOPS! I just noticed my DOUBLE POST Sorry for that guys...

On a side note I forgot to mention that what I REALLY wanted to stay at was the Beach CLUB for the entire week. But it's completely booked SOooooo the only other alternative I thought of was Boardwalk Inn or Yacht Club.

Then I began thinking of a possible split stay between POP and Beach Club?

Thoughts on that? Would I REALLY like BI or YC better than Beach Club and POP????

*thinking*

Need advice....

All Star Sports May 1997; Pop Century May 1999; Pop Century May 2010; Port Orleans French Quarter Nov 2010; Port Orleans Resort New Rooms Sept/Oct 2012; FIRST SOLO STAY: Beach Club/POP Century Mar 2013; POR Oct 2013
Old 03-14-2013, 10:14 AM   #5
DaisyDuck001
DIS Veteran

If money were not an issue, I'd do a split stay between Polynesian and Beach Club.
DaisyDuck001 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 10:15 AM   #6
jordanri

Quote:
OOPS! I just noticed my DOUBLE POST Sorry for that guys...

On a side note I forgot to mention that what I REALLY wanted to stay at was the Beach CLUB for the entire week. But it's completely booked SOooooo the only other alternative I thought of was Boardwalk Inn or Yacht Club.

Then I began thinking of a possible split stay between POP and Beach Club?

Thoughts on that? Would I REALLY like BI or YC better than Beach Club and POP????

*thinking*

Need advice....
on my last trip while i was on my college program my brother and i split an adult trip between contemporary on concierge level for 4 nights with a 6 night stay at caribbean in a preffered room. went smoothly! they moved luggage, food and everything for us no problem. it was worth it to us, but it depends on how many nights you're staying. and i would stay at pop first as going from contemporary to a moderate was a little.... you know

2012 Disney College Program Children's Activities Hostess • 2012 Disney's Contemporary Resort & Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort • 2012 Disney's Port Orleans French Quarter Resort • 2012 Disney's Pop Century Resort • 2011 Disney College Program Attractions Hostess • 2011 Disney's Pop Century Resort • 2008 Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort • 2004 Off-Site Band Trip • 2001 Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort • 1999 Disney's Port Orleans Resort • 1997 Disney's Dixie Landings Resort • 1995 Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort • 1994 Disney's Port Orleans Resort
Old 03-14-2013, 10:30 AM   #7
Tammy296
DIS Veteran

LOL...

Spring Break... I know there's going to be LOTS of kids there. Not that I'm against kids (I Have 2 of my own... just they dont want to go with me this trip -- grandparents have something special planned for them! Can you imagine?!?!)
I half expect the different between a value and deluxe to be BIG esp on the kid side of things.... ??

I did think it might be odd to go from a deluxe to a value rather than the alternative. The only reason I said deluxe first is because I think my first two days were in EP and HS.... seemed to work out best for me based on my reservations and times of park openings etc.

Usually my trip starts to wind down by the 4th day... and on the 7th day I'll be flying home at 8:30 am so why pay big bucks for the 6th night??? thoughts on that??

Old 03-14-2013, 10:41 AM   #8
bellepearle
Mouseketeer

Quote:

If money were not an option I would stay at Contemporary or Boardwalk. I would suggest AKL but it's so far away from everything. If you want to be around Crescent Lake then I think Boardwalk is best. Contemporary is beautiful and I think luxurious plus it's on the monorail system. Good luck!
bellepearle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 10:49 AM   #9
jordanri

Quote:
LOL...

Spring Break... I know there's going to be LOTS of kids there. Not that I'm against kids (I Have 2 of my own... just they dont want to go with me this trip -- grandparents have something special planned for them! Can you imagine?!?!)
I half expect the different between a value and deluxe to be BIG esp on the kid side of things.... ??

I did think it might be odd to go from a deluxe to a value rather than the alternative. The only reason I said deluxe first is because I think my first two days were in EP and HS.... seemed to work out best for me based on my reservations and times of park openings etc.

Usually my trip starts to wind down by the 4th day... and on the 7th day I'll be flying home at 8:30 am so why pay big bucks for the 6th night??? thoughts on that??

so many things to consider! spring break, pop is going to be a MOB SCENE. do you think you could swing maybe a deluxe to a moderate? i would recommend that maybe staying at POFQ? nicest of the moderates in my opinion, small and quaint. i mean, you'd be saving some money since you were gonna spring for a deluxe for five days! might be less craziness too, since smaller and such

Old 03-14-2013, 10:51 AM   #10
bellepearle
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanri View Post
so many things to consider! spring break, pop is going to be a MOB SCENE. do you think you could swing maybe a deluxe to a moderate? i would recommend that maybe staying at POFQ? nicest of the moderates in my opinion, small and quaint. i mean, you'd be saving some money since you were gonna spring for a deluxe for five days! might be less craziness too, since smaller and such
Unfortunately, I think the cheaper you go, the more spring breakers you're going to encounter whether it's young kids or college-aged kids.
Old 03-14-2013, 10:59 AM   #11
Tammy296
DIS Veteran

REALISTICALLY though.... even if money isnt really an issue on this trip the idea of paying for a deluxe on the last night DOES bother me. I can't see doing it.

The first day is one thing because Im arriving at 12:45 but my last day there, I'm leaving to catch the ME by 5am! My plane is at 8:30am....

hopefully I can catch the ME that early!!!

Old 03-14-2013, 11:31 AM   #12
ahoff
DIS Veteran

I usually stay at BW, since it is my home resort. But YC does have the nicer pool. Everything else is about equal, as far as walking to MGM or Epcot. BLT is nice also.
Old 03-14-2013, 01:10 PM   #13
jordanri

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellepearle View Post
Unfortunately, I think the cheaper you go, the more spring breakers you're going to encounter whether it's young kids or college-aged kids.
as a college-aged kid, i have to say we're definitely prone to staying at pop. as a college-aged kid with good discounts and money, it's a lot of AoA and caribbean beach...

i don't know, it's disney world and i wouldn't let kids bother me but again, that's just me. if you can't justify that deluxe on the last day, do it the other way! you work hard year round, stay at that nice hotel and finish off with something that'll save you some $$$

Old 03-14-2013, 01:12 PM   #14
Alyssa88
I love it! Bad football team, good academics
I thought you were here. :)

Neither. My dream WDW vacation is a Contemporary/Beach Club/ AKL split stay.

If you were splitting between a value and a deluxe, I would definitely do the first part at value. You said your trip starts to slow down towards the end, it would be nice to have a bigger room, a balcony, and more resort amenities for that relaxed part of the trip. If you are going to be in the parks alot during the first part of your trip, it doesn't really much where you stay. You'll be so exhausted from the fun at the parks that you won't notice all those noisy brats at POP, lol.
January of 2007-Port Orleans Riverside with family. Got to celebrate my 19th birthday!
June of 2009-POP CENTURY with the best friend to celebrate our College graduation!! 21
April 2013- Art of Animation (NEMO) to introduce my niece to WDW
Alyssa88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 09:25 PM   #15
bellepearle
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanri View Post
as a college-aged kid, i have to say we're definitely prone to staying at pop. as a college-aged kid with good discounts and money, it's a lot of AoA and caribbean beach...

i don't know, it's disney world and i wouldn't let kids bother me but again, that's just me. if you can't justify that deluxe on the last day, do it the other way! you work hard year round, stay at that nice hotel and finish off with something that'll save you some $$$
I agree.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: