Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-15-2013, 10:47 AM   #31
simplyshaz
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyPanda
Temperature is up to 38.4 and she's complaining of a headache and tummy ache my poor little lamb. Still no signs of any spots though, so really don't know what to do. Tomorrow we are meant to be going up to London overnight ahead of getting the Eurostar on Sunday.

Feel in my heart that it is getting more And more likely that we will have to reschedule, but it breaks my heart knowing how much this trip meant to her

Sorry for yet another post, just feeling a little sorry for myself right now!
Aww hugs Hun xxx I do hope your dd is better soon and that you still get to go x
simplyshaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 03:30 PM   #32
HappyPanda
Have faith in your dreams and someday your rainbow will come shining through.

Feeling a little bit more hopeful now. I have learnt not to jump to conclusions... when we got the letter from the school on Monday to say there was Chicken Pox in the class, Olivia told me that her best friend was off as she was ill. So in my head I put 2+2 together and got 8! I just assumed that her best friend must be off with chicken pox!

So after worrying endlessly for 2 days (as you can see from my posts here!) I thought I'd text the girl's Mum to make sure she definitely had chicken pox.. and it turns out, she didn't!! She has been off ill but just with sickness bug.

So now I'm feeling a bit more positive as the confirmed case of chicken pox definitely isn't from her best friend who she is inseparable with. Still someone in her class has it, so it's still possible she does too - but it's looking less likely.

So, I should really be packing given that we're heading to London tomorrow afternoon, but I'm going to check to see if she's still spotfree by the morning and if she is I'll pack then! Nothing like leaving it to the last minute!
February 1996 - Hotel Cheyenne ~~~ June 2001 - Newport Bay ~~~ December 2001 - Sequoia Lodge ~~~March 2002 - Newport Bay ~~~ February 2002 - New York~~~ February 2011 - Santa Fe ~~~ March 2012 - Cheyenne ~~~ June 2012 - Sequoia Lodge ~~~ March 2013 - Disneyland Hotel
HappyPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-15-2013, 03:43 PM   #33
cherrymarzipan
DIS Veteran

Phew, I'm feeling this roller coaster of a drama vicariously! Really, really hope all is well now and you get away tomorrow and ALL STAY WELL throughout a fabulous trip.
cherrymarzipan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 03:48 PM   #34
netimka
DIS Veteran

that's great news!!!

I "think" Alex is getting better but you wont believe that I got some bug now 38C, sore throat and body aches... had to buy max strength cold & flu relief and after I took it I just fall asleep... but the plan is to take max I can till Sunday and if Alex is better we will go and hopefully mine will quickly go away...

we also dont even start packing, no euro, no tickets printed but I'm still hoping for good...
Old 03-15-2013, 03:59 PM   #35
ILOVEDLP
DIS Veteran

Got everything crossed for you Helen.

Santa fe 2003, cheyenne2004,cheyenne 2005,cheyenne 2006,cheyenne 2007,SL 2009,Hotel New York 2010,SL 2011,Hotel New York 2012. WDW 2013 POR,SL 2014 & off site and Cheyenne for the big 40 0ct 2014.
Feb 2015 Off site and NPB and HNY in a Xmas room dec 2015.
ILOVEDLP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 04:25 PM   #36
simplyshaz
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyPanda
Feeling a little bit more hopeful now. I have learnt not to jump to conclusions... when we got the letter from the school on Monday to say there was Chicken Pox in the class, Olivia told me that her best friend was off as she was ill. So in my head I put 2+2 together and got 8! I just assumed that her best friend must be off with chicken pox!

So after worrying endlessly for 2 days (as you can see from my posts here!) I thought I'd text the girl's Mum to make sure she definitely had chicken pox.. and it turns out, she didn't!! She has been off ill but just with sickness bug.

So now I'm feeling a bit more positive as the confirmed case of chicken pox definitely isn't from her best friend who she is inseparable with. Still someone in her class has it, so it's still possible she does too - but it's looking less likely.

So, I should really be packing given that we're heading to London tomorrow afternoon, but I'm going to check to see if she's still spotfree by the morning and if she is I'll pack then! Nothing like leaving it to the last minute!
Great news Hun fingers crossed for ya we're heading off to London tomoro too train at 8 in morning, I'm still packing lol
simplyshaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 05:13 PM   #37
freddythebear
Mouseketeer

Happy panda, that is great news! Start packing I think, I really feel it will all be ok for you!

I tried to post last night but I couldn't log on somehow, but I've been sending pixie dust all day - I really did empathise too as my dd has had a chest infection for two weeks, antibiotics only kicked in today, she had a fever for well over a week but today has finally picked up. On wed I was in your position, waiting for a chest x ray and I thought she might be hospitalised.

Fingers crossed you will be there in two days and your dd will be celebrating her birthday in style.

Fingers crossed for you too netimka.
freddythebear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 06:20 PM   #38
NPB
Mouseketeer

It sounds good re: no chic pox!
We head tomorrow too!! Sooo excited.
Hope it won't rain too much.
NPB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 03:40 AM   #39
cherrymarzipan
DIS Veteran

Hope everyone in the Panda family is happy and healthy this morning! Hope the netimkas are too and bon voyage to HappyPanda and NBC for today.
cherrymarzipan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 04:09 AM   #40
HappyPanda

Thank you again for all your lovely wishes, has been a horrible few days, DD slept all through the night last night and has woken up in a chipper mood this morning! Still no spots and no fever either.... So just a nasty cold and cough to get rid of!

((((Hugs)))) to you all
February 1996 - Hotel Cheyenne ~~~ June 2001 - Newport Bay ~~~ December 2001 - Sequoia Lodge ~~~March 2002 - Newport Bay ~~~ February 2002 - New York~~~ February 2011 - Santa Fe ~~~ March 2012 - Cheyenne ~~~ June 2012 - Sequoia Lodge ~~~ March 2013 - Disneyland Hotel
Old 03-16-2013, 04:13 AM   #41
HappyPanda

Quote:
Originally Posted by netimka
that's great news!!!

I "think" Alex is getting better but you wont believe that I got some bug now 38C, sore throat and body aches... had to buy max strength cold & flu relief and after I took it I just fall asleep... but the plan is to take max I can till Sunday and if Alex is better we will go and hopefully mine will quickly go away...

we also dont even start packing, no euro, no tickets printed but I'm still hoping for good...
Hope you're both feeling a bit better this morning, at least as an adult you can dose up on the hard stuff that children can't have!

Good luck with the packing, starting mine this morning!
Old 03-16-2013, 04:16 AM   #42
daiseyirl
DIS Veteran

Aw thats brill!! Hope your all packed!!!

Hope everyone in the netimka household get well very soon too!!
daiseyirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 04:23 AM   #43
cinderslg
Mouseketeer

The last few bad days can only make for an extra special holiday. Have fun everyone going
Old 03-16-2013, 02:19 PM   #44
netimka
DIS Veteran

Hope you are in London now!

Alex had the best day of the week, so happy...was running a little today, so it looks like this new antibiotics works very well... now just packing and we are off to London tomorrow... and see you at the magic
Old 03-16-2013, 03:32 PM   #45
Christieand
Mouseketeer

So pleased for you!
Sequoia Lodge, April 2013 (TR here: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3099510)

Christieand is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: