Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-14-2013, 11:28 AM   #16
Leahsmum23
Earning My Ears

Oh no so sorry to hear that you might not be able to go we had a scare the other week Leah was sick in bed for 5 days and in and out of hospital for drips but thank god she has made a full recovery in time for our trip tomorrow

Thinking of you and hopefully she doesn't have them and trip will go ahead
Old 03-14-2013, 11:46 AM   #17
HappyPanda
Have faith in your dreams and someday your rainbow will come shining through.

So DD has just been to the Drs and they have said that she doesn't have any fever or any signs of chicken pox - and that it's very unusual for the fever to only last a few hours and then for them to go completely back to normal with no other signs/spots/rashes. So they are pretty confident that it's not chicken pox and just a nasty cold.

I'm still quite hesitant to believe this, as I just don't want to get her hopes up un-necessarily, so will just continue to monitor over the next couple days and keep praying that they're right!
February 1996 - Hotel Cheyenne ~~~ June 2001 - Newport Bay ~~~ December 2001 - Sequoia Lodge ~~~March 2002 - Newport Bay ~~~ February 2002 - New York~~~ February 2011 - Santa Fe ~~~ March 2012 - Cheyenne ~~~ June 2012 - Sequoia Lodge ~~~ March 2013 - Disneyland Hotel
HappyPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-14-2013, 12:03 PM   #18
Christieand
Mouseketeer

Fingers crossed!!
Sequoia Lodge, April 2013 (TR here: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3099510)

Christieand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 12:27 PM   #19
cherrymarzipan
DIS Veteran

Ooh, this must have been a long day for you. I hope the doctor's opinion will reassure you a bit for tonight but I can imagine how you will be on tenterhooks over the next few days. Really hope your DD escapes the infection and wishing you good luck and pixie dust.
cherrymarzipan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 01:11 PM   #20
HappyPanda

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrymarzipan
Ooh, this must have been a long day for you. I hope the doctor's opinion will reassure you a bit for tonight but I can imagine how you will be on tenterhooks over the next few days. Really hope your DD escapes the infection and wishing you good luck and pixie dust.
Today has been horrendous just the not knowing that's hardest! Hopefully it will be fine!
February 1996 - Hotel Cheyenne ~~~ June 2001 - Newport Bay ~~~ December 2001 - Sequoia Lodge ~~~March 2002 - Newport Bay ~~~ February 2002 - New York~~~ February 2011 - Santa Fe ~~~ March 2012 - Cheyenne ~~~ June 2012 - Sequoia Lodge ~~~ March 2013 - Disneyland Hotel
Old 03-14-2013, 01:51 PM   #21
ILOVEDLP
DIS Veteran

from us xx

Santa fe 2003, cheyenne2004,cheyenne 2005,cheyenne 2006,cheyenne 2007,SL 2009,Hotel New York 2010,SL 2011,Hotel New York 2012. WDW 2013 POR,SL 2014 & off site dlrp for the big 40 0ct 2014.
Feb 2015 Cheyenne.
ILOVEDLP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 02:00 PM   #22
netimka
Mouseketeer

Hope everything will be fine for you

our little boy is on antibiotics third day now and hope you will be fine by Sunday when we are off to London...wish we were giving them when when to emergency GP on Saturday and not only given some ear spray... as he got ear infection and tonsillitis now... what a timing for us
Old 03-14-2013, 03:18 PM   #23
HappyPanda

Quote:
Originally Posted by netimka
Hope everything will be fine for you

our little boy is on antibiotics third day now and hope you will be fine by Sunday when we are off to London...wish we were giving them when when to emergency GP on Saturday and not only given some ear spray... as he got ear infection and tonsillitis now... what a timing for us
Sorry to hear that!

Just put DD to bed, she's absolutely fine in herself but took her temp and she has a slight fever again, this time 37.8.

Hoping she wakes up spot-free in the morning....the waiting game continues...
Old 03-14-2013, 03:45 PM   #24
Jonjo
Mouseketeer

Sending you some
Hope everything works out for you.
Jonjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 08:52 PM   #25
HappyPanda

Temperature is up to 38.4 and she's complaining of a headache and tummy ache my poor little lamb. Still no signs of any spots though, so really don't know what to do. Tomorrow we are meant to be going up to London overnight ahead of getting the Eurostar on Sunday.

Feel in my heart that it is getting more And more likely that we will have to reschedule, but it breaks my heart knowing how much this trip meant to her

Sorry for yet another post, just feeling a little sorry for myself right now!
Old 03-15-2013, 02:45 AM   #26
cherrymarzipan
DIS Veteran

Just to let you know I'm thinking of you this morning and hoping the news is spotless. Some more pixie dust coming your way.
cherrymarzipan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 03:07 AM   #27
HappyPanda

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrymarzipan
Just to let you know I'm thinking of you this morning and hoping the news is spotless. Some more pixie dust coming your way.
Thank you still no spots this morning! Fever has gone down again, just seems to be overnight that her temp shoots up!

Daddy is on 'Spot Watch' today as she still isn't well enough for school.

Still keeping everything tightly crossed that its just a fever and not the start of the dreaded chicken pox!
Old 03-15-2013, 07:50 AM   #28
netimka
Mouseketeer

I really feel you pain, we were back to doctors this morning as Alex is not getting any better and is on this antibiotics since Tuesday am... at least now they had result back from lab and he has some bug in his ear so we were given stronger antibiotics and now he needs to take for an extra 10 days... plus still got tonsillitis but this is getting better... doctor said if we decide not to go they can give us a letter and we could claim it from our travel insurance but I just hope this stronger one will just start working faster... we are off to London on Sunday and then Monday on eurostar so we will just seat and wait... and hope for the best... if he just starts feeling better we just go as she said he should be fine in few days now and ok to go if we he is getting better...

please send a lot of pixie dust for us
Old 03-15-2013, 08:22 AM   #29
HappyPanda

Sorry to hear that Alex is still feeling poorly - I really hope that the stronger anti-biotics work soon and that he's feeling well enough to go. There are so many bugs and viruses going around our area at the moment.

Just spoken to DD and she said that she's feeling better and that her cough is getting better, too. Still no spots.. !

like you, we will be fully covered on our travel insurance should we need to cancel.. but it's dealing with the disappointment that will follow that will be the hardest part.

Sending lots of Pixie Dust and good wishes your way
Old 03-15-2013, 08:35 AM   #30
Suzi-Q
Mouseketeer

Sending another double dose of

Hope everyone is well enough to go

Suzi-Q is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: