Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-14-2013, 05:00 AM   #1
HappyPanda
Have faith in your dreams and someday your rainbow will come shining through.

Unhappy Chicken Pox!!

As I mentioned in my PTR, there is currently Chicken Pox going around my Daughter's class. Yesterday, I find out that her best friend has it and last night DD was up all night with a terrible fever.

I'm now feeling it's just a matter of time until the spots start to appear . She's feeling absolutely fine this morning, which is the only thing that gives me a bit of hope. But as we are due to travel to DLP on Sunday, if it is Chicken Pox that will be our trip cancelled.

I'm feeling horrible today, having to warn DD that this might happen and then to have her burst into tears because even if we rebook, it won't be until much later in the year and won't be for her birthday.

I think it's the unknowing that's the worst part... I mean we don't even know for sure that she has it but it's highly likely and feel like until the spots appear there's hope that the trip is still on -- but at the same time I don't want to get my hopes up.

Please send your good vibes and pixie dust our way.
February 1996 - Hotel Cheyenne ~~~ June 2001 - Newport Bay ~~~ December 2001 - Sequoia Lodge ~~~March 2002 - Newport Bay ~~~ February 2002 - New York~~~ February 2011 - Santa Fe ~~~ March 2012 - Cheyenne ~~~ June 2012 - Sequoia Lodge ~~~ March 2013 - Disneyland Hotel
HappyPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 05:08 AM   #2
Christieand
Mouseketeer

Sorry to hear that there seems to be a lot of illness going round at the minute doesn't there? Really hope everything turns out okay for you.
Sequoia Lodge, April 2013 (TR here: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3099510)

Christieand is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-14-2013, 06:49 AM   #3
MEK
DIS Veteran

Sorry to hear that. When my kids got the chicken pox the younger one got them a full 3 weeks after the older one. So, maybe she will still be in the incubation phase.

If she doesn't get them could you consider getting the vaccine? I had chicken pox as an adult and it was possibly the sickest I have ever been.

Good luck with your trip. Here's hoping there are no cancellations in your future.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 07:04 AM   #4
daiseyirl
DIS Veteran

Aw your poor things do bear in mind even if she doesnt breakout by sunday she still could while your there and you wont be able to fly back on time.

Dd1 had chicken pox a few yrs ago a few weeks before we were ment to go , luckly dd2 didnt get them as it was a birthday trip too!!!.
daiseyirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 07:11 AM   #5
Suzi-Q
Mouseketeer

Oh no

Sending you loads of

Suzi-Q is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 07:16 AM   #6
HappyPanda

Thank you everyone, I'm not going to lie - I'm in complete bits today. Lots of random tears at my desk.

I've just spoken to my Mum and she's said that DD is still absolutely fine at the moment, no fever, no headaches and no spots. I just don't know what to do? Feel like we are in complete limbo at the moment.

I've priced up a trip for the 2nd week of November and it's coming up at about the same price we've paid for this one, so we could consider moving the trip to then.. but I just hate that DD (and my Mum) are going to be so disapponted. This trip is literally all she has spoken about for the last 9 months!
February 1996 - Hotel Cheyenne ~~~ June 2001 - Newport Bay ~~~ December 2001 - Sequoia Lodge ~~~March 2002 - Newport Bay ~~~ February 2002 - New York~~~ February 2011 - Santa Fe ~~~ March 2012 - Cheyenne ~~~ June 2012 - Sequoia Lodge ~~~ March 2013 - Disneyland Hotel
Old 03-14-2013, 07:40 AM   #7
freddythebear
Mouseketeer

Oh no I'm so sorry to hear this!

Sending lots of good luck vibes your way, and everything crossed for you.

The incubation period is two weeks isn't it? Have you worked out all the dates, was she in school then?
freddythebear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 08:06 AM   #8
Isila
There is a big beautiful tomorrow

I'm so sorry. Sending lots of pixie dust and good wibes!
Isila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 08:17 AM   #9
jillrobinson
I will be very angry if there are any attractions or places off limits
DS got a Hi 5 from Simba
My real persona is maleficent mum

Sending lots of magic
March 2004 Liam's 5th Birthday at Cheyenne *** October 2004 Spooky Halloween at Santa Fe *** March 2006 My big 40 & Liams 7th Birthday at Newport Bay Club *** March 2007 Jamie's 13th Birthday & VIP Press Launch for DLP's 15th Anniversary at Sequoia Lodge *** November 2007 Christmas Season at Sequoia Lodge *** March 2009 Liam's 10th Birthday at Cheyenne *** January 2010 Practically Perfect stay at Hotel New York *** October 2010 Our not so scary stay at Cheyenne ***January 2012 Jack's 5th Birthday surprise at Santa Fe***July 2013 Disney Dreaming at Cheyenne***

jillrobinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 08:22 AM   #10
HappyPanda

Quote:
Originally Posted by freddythebear View Post
Oh no I'm so sorry to hear this!

Sending lots of good luck vibes your way, and everything crossed for you.

The incubation period is two weeks isn't it? Have you worked out all the dates, was she in school then?
She says her friend was in school 'last week' but can't remember which days and we got a letter from the school on Monday to say there was chickenpox in her class, so I'm assuming the girl came out with the spots sometime over the weekend.

Spoken to my Mum again and she said that DD is still fine, no fever or anything and still no sign of rash or spots. We're on spot watch now.

I'm feeling a little happier as my Mum has agreed that if she does have it, we'll definitely rebook for w/c 11th Nov. It's just knowing when to make that decision.. don't want to go up to London on Saturday night ready to go and then for her to wake up full of spots on Sunday.. or even worse while we are there.

My Mum is going to try and take her to the Drs this afternoon.. but not sure there's much they can do to diagnose it if there's no symptoms showing.

Thanks again for all the pixiedust and good vibes
Old 03-14-2013, 08:40 AM   #11
daiseyirl
DIS Veteran

God really dont know!! They are contagious for 7 days before the spots and the 5/7 days with the spot until they crust over. Dont think you can work out the day your dd possible got infect it as it in a classroom so even if the bestfriend brought the infection in she could have passed it on to X +Y who could have passed it on to your dd if you get me .

Anyway best wishes and i really hope you get there and if not Nov will fly around again!!!!
daiseyirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 08:52 AM   #12
HappyPanda

Quote:
Originally Posted by daiseyirl View Post
God really dont know!! They are contagious for 7 days before the spots and the 5/7 days with the spot until they crust over. Dont think you can work out the day your dd possible got infect it as it in a classroom so even if the bestfriend brought the infection in she could have passed it on to X +Y who could have passed it on to your dd if you get me .

Anyway best wishes and i really hope you get there and if not Nov will fly around again!!!!
Exactly! I think we'll just have to take each day as it comes..at least DD is prepared that it might not happen and will just have to really sell Xmas at Disney to her instead!
Old 03-14-2013, 08:54 AM   #13
honeyb35
Mouseketeer

Oh no, nightmare! Fingers crossed the dreaded pox stays away!

Sequoia Lodge 12.02.12 - 15.02.12

honeyb35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 09:13 AM   #14
Cariadbach
Mouseketeer

Oh no,keeping everything crossed for you!

Previous Trips
*Daytrip 1992* *DCR 1995*
*DCR 1998* *Cheyenne October 2003*
*NPB September 2004* *Cheyenne March 2012*
*Cheyenne September 2013*
Cariadbach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 09:28 AM   #15
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

Fingers crossed!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: