Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-14-2013, 11:03 AM   #16
Lesprivate
DIS Veteran

I am here
Saratoga Springs, March 2014, AKL Kidani August 2013, CBR October 2012, OKW August 2012, May 2011 BLT,October 2010 BLT, August 2010 AKV, August 2009 SSR,May 2009 SSR, August 2008 VWL, August 2007 - POR and BCV, November 2006 - POFQ, August 2004 - ASSP, January 2001 - Offsite, December 1998 - Offsite, May 1997 - Offsite, June 1996 - Offsite, December 1995 - Offsite, June 1994 - Offsite, February 1989 - Offsite, April 1986 - Offsite, April 1985 - Offsite, December 1985 - Offsite, Numerous times as a child
Me , DH , DD , DGS Lucky , Spike Spanky : George
Old 03-14-2013, 12:50 PM   #17
MomToPrincePhillip
Mouseketeer

Wow Scott, you're one popular guy! (OK some might be here for Vinny). I'm here for you both!! Can't wait for the fun to start.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-14-2013, 01:11 PM   #18
Rozz
DIS Veteran

Can't wait to read about your trip! I am especially looking out for the answers to the questions you posed.

I might be interested in the new fangled Tangled toilets but just for the seating area outside the restrooms where you can plug in your phone for a charge. And the fact that it's in Fantasyland where I'd be checking out the new expansion.

OMG, a Dole Whip with rum! yes please! I can't wait to see the Flower & Garden Festival and check out the food kiosks. I will be gleaning (is that a word?) information from your report to help us get the most out of the event when we go. I know from your past reports that you are a WDW Expert Extraordinaire!

Thanks so much for sharing!

Caribbean Beach Wilderness Lodge WDW Swan WDW Dolphin Regal Sun Carribean Beach POP Century
Old 03-14-2013, 01:39 PM   #19
scottny
You better have crackers
I heard of light reading, never wet reading
I still won't go in the ocean because of

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaKeys View Post
Just a quick shout to say I'm here and looking forward to reading your TR!

Glad to see you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessAlways View Post
ok........I'm ready too!!

Glad to see you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovealldisney View Post
Hi Scott,

I've read all your TR! Loved them all can't wait to hear about you new adventure.

Wendy
Hi,
Thank you. Glad your here to follow along again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazdev3225 View Post
Can't wait to read along. Three weeks and I'll be there hopefully without cheerleaders and too many crowds.

Glad your here and I am sure by then you will be fine. The cheerleaders were leaving the day we were.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darrenf67 View Post
Woohoo I have been waiting for this...

Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SYDNCLAIRESMOM View Post
Im in

Quote:
Originally Posted by kde175 View Post
I'm in, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
Hey! I'm here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
Welcome home!!! Thanks for a new TR

Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiigirl View Post
I am in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddstratton View Post
I'm here!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lesprivate View Post
I am here

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomToPrincePhillip View Post
Wow Scott, you're one popular guy! (OK some might be here for Vinny). I'm here for you both!! Can't wait for the fun to start.
I think it might be for Vinny.
Thanks for coming along.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rozz View Post
Can't wait to read about your trip! I am especially looking out for the answers to the questions you posed.

I might be interested in the new fangled Tangled toilets but just for the seating area outside the restrooms where you can plug in your phone for a charge. And the fact that it's in Fantasyland where I'd be checking out the new expansion.

OMG, a Dole Whip with rum! yes please! I can't wait to see the Flower & Garden Festival and check out the food kiosks. I will be gleaning (is that a word?) information from your report to help us get the most out of the event when we go. I know from your past reports that you are a WDW Expert Extraordinaire!

Thanks so much for sharing!

They will all be answered.
I would love that if they provided the cords but I don't carry mine.
The food kiosks were very nice. We did have a few good things.
far from WDW expert.
Thansk for reading along.
Old 03-14-2013, 02:28 PM   #20
FauntleroyFAN07
Commander of Donalds Crew Oh Boy, Oh Boy, Oh Boy

Location: Indiana, but still Bears, Cubs, and Bulls Country...Go Bulls

hey scott

Brand Spanking NEW Art of Animation TR new 11-7

82-01 12 trips w/ parents FW~'06 Sept CBR 8 Nights(HoneyMoon)~'07 Sept AS Sports 9 Nights 1 Year Anv~~'08 6 night Christmas Trip to CSR~~'10 FW 12 nights~~'12 AoA 12 nights
Blessed by the Best
Old 03-14-2013, 07:49 PM   #22
Angelrose
Likes to dance in golden sun beams
Knows too many details about Gnarf, Fnarfle, Grotchy and Ronkle....yep, she needs help!! ;)
Drives me even crazier than I am

YAYYYYYYY Another Scott and Vinny TR. Can't wait.
Old 03-15-2013, 12:27 AM   #23
scottny
You better have crackers

Quote:
Originally Posted by FauntleroyFAN07 View Post
hey scott

Glad to see you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jecskc View Post
I'm here !!

Susan

Glad you're here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelrose View Post
YAYYYYYYY Another Scott and Vinny TR. Can't wait.

Coming up later today...
Old 03-15-2013, 08:10 AM   #24
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottny View Post
Coming up later today...
Old 03-15-2013, 08:40 AM   #25
Princess SarahK
DIS Veteran

Subbing! Need to get my WDW fix and get ready for our trip coming up!

Old 03-15-2013, 01:26 PM   #26
scottny
You better have crackers

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess SarahK View Post
Subbing! Need to get my WDW fix and get ready for our trip coming up!

Me too.
Glad your along.
Old 03-15-2013, 04:04 PM   #27
scottny
You better have crackers

2 - The departure and resort arrival

Okay time to get this party started.

We had a pick up call for 4:15am. I knew I would be up all night but I did manage a small nap early in the evening.

3:50 I woke Vinny up and then we were ready to go. Showered and shaved we went out to the car. We got on the Deegan and I realized I did not brush my teeth. LOL. Oops. We got to the airport quickly (the driver drove crazy) and way too early.

We did curbside check in and went inside. The line for security was long but on JetBlue if you buy extra legroom then you also get extra speed. There is a special line for that and we went over to it. A lady was there and checked our tickets and said okay and we were good to go. We passed about 75 Ė 100 people and were in line with 4. LOL. It was great and soon we went up to the machines. It was easy to get through there too.

Once through we proceeded to get breakfast. Vinny went to Dunkiní Donuts but I just was not in the mood for that so I went to Famiglia Pizza. They had breakfast stromboliís and that is what I got. Sausage, egg and cheese. I also got a chocolate milk to go along with it. It was actually tasty and so glad I got it. I lost the receipt so no idea of the price.

After our meal we walked down to the gate and parked it. They do have something fun to do there. You can take a digital postcard of yourself and email it to yourself.

And of course Vinny had to take one too.

As I mentioned we did get there early and there was an earlier flight but it would have been $40 each to change and for an hour we didnít see it necessary.

Here is our plane.

The plane boarded on time and it was not full. We stayed in our rows but I told Vinny he could move if he wanted to have a window seat. I have to have one. He stayed. Now on the plane there was a lady in front of me and then the 2 seats next to her were taken by 2 Asian guys and then 2 seats on the other side were their friends. They spoke Chinese or whatever before takeoff till we landed nonstop. Thank god I had earphones. VERY LOUD.

Here are the pics from the flight.

I believe this was Cape May, NJ.

I think this was Deleware?

Of course a Bloody Mary was to be had. I have to say though I did not care for it. Not sure why but something was off.

We did land 25 minutes early and we proceeded to the little monorail.

We did see the lady there who sat in front of me and she asked if we were the ones behind her and we said yes and she said she could not believe the guys. She said it was the first flight she could not sleep on and at one point the guy sitting next to her reached over and opened the window shade and leaned over her to look out at which she said she then closed. She was not happy.

I did do something I do not usually do on planes; I fell asleep for a bit. Not a lot but I did get some sleep.

Then we arrived at the other terminal and we go downstairs to the Magical Express and we come to a wall of cheerleaders or dance groups. EVERYWHERE. If you can picture the rows you go through to line up to board then picture the last one against the wall and picture the line completely full from front to back with pre-teens and teens. SCARY!!!
We fortunately did not go to that line and were directed to line 2. We stood there for 2 minutes and then they told us to board on the bus outside. We get there and the guy said we arenít on there. The CM who took us out said we are. He then called someone and yes we were on there. We boarded and the bus was mighty full. We found seats just not with each other. Here is my bad pic going under the arch but no arch. LOL

First we stopped at Art of Animation and then we went to Pop.

Then Caribbean Beach.

Then we were the only 2 left on the bus. Soon we were at our resort and checking in.

Check in was easy and went quick being I did online check in. The room was ready and we were so happy because we can go put our bags down.

I think I will stop here.

Up next,

A room with what kind of view?
Old 03-15-2013, 04:45 PM   #28
PrincessAlways
DIS Veteran

thought I'd make you think you were still in the line with cheerleaders! That could be a scary sight!! Thankfully not in your resort!

Like your postcards!!!
POR, 2003 OKW,2004 Poly, 2005 SSR (June), Pop (Sept), CSR (Nov), 2006 OKW (May), Swan (Sept), OKW (Nov), 2007 Pop (Feb), OKW (June), CR (Sept), BWV (Nov), 2008 CSR (April), OKW (July), SSR (Dec)2009 Pop (March) OKW (May) BLT (Nov), 2010 BLT (May) AKL (Oct) 2011 SWAN (March) BLT (June) AKL (Nov) OKW (Nov) 2012 BWI (March) OKW (May) POR Royal (Oct) OKW (Nov) 2013 BWV (Apr) offsite (July) Kidani (Dec) 2014 AKL (April) OKW (Nov)
Old 03-15-2013, 04:50 PM   #29
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

Cute postcards.
Old 03-15-2013, 06:04 PM   #30
tazdev3225
I sucked my thumb up with the vacuum
I fell up a mountain skiing and sprained both my ankles

Loved the airport pics. I believe that may have been Cape May too but I couldn't find the lighthouse. I do think I recognized Sunset Beach however. Can you tell I go there often?

I was on a flight for Ip Dip 2 years ago and had a seat mate that started talking the moment she sat down and never stopped. When they asked for someone to switch seats so a mother and child could sit together I couldn't volunteer to switch fast enough. Nothing is more annoying than a chatty person early in the morning.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: