Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > disABILITIES!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-12-2013, 10:52 AM   #16
Freesia123
DIS Veteran

If they can walk but not the whole day, have you thought of getting the push chair and letting them take turns? Then if its too much you could rent a second single for the smaller child?
Freesia123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 12:25 PM   #17
LisaTC
DIS Veteran

[QUOTE=birthygirl;47792511And I'm with you on the appearance of things. It's an interesting condition and I almost dislike that you can't just look and see that something's wrong. I in some ways feel like that would help people to understand better, if that makes any sense at all.[/QUOTE]

I know it is hard, but I urge you and encourage you and salute anybody who can just shrug the "appearance of things." People can be snarky, but nobody knows your story. DD is Dyslexic. She has very, very, very mild dyspraxia. She falls down a lot in gym and playing. Her knees are skinned to the hilt. SHE's almost 10 and just now learned how to ride a bike without training wheels. She also has dysgraphia, but she's brilliant and beautiful! She never once noticed an older child in a stroller or in a push chair or if she did, it didn't phase her. That's the wonderful quality your children will have...never judge somebody elses circumstances. I have Meniere's and I walk crooked sometimes! People probably think I'm drunk. Many challenges are invisible. Diabetes, heard conditions, dyspraxia, autism spectrum, etc. I support your choice to get him a alternative solution with Tomato or Liberty Chair. Phooey on anybody else!

LisaTC is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-14-2013, 08:38 PM   #18
ibcrazie4dizney
Mouseketeer

I know it is hard sometimes worrying about what others might think, I am a big worrier. but when it comes down to it, our little ones need to be taken good care of and they deserve to be comfortable. I know how tired and achy I am after walking the parks. I cant imagine forcing a child, or anyone for that matter, to walk and be in pain or over doing it, especially if it is just because of what others may think. I just have to keep telling myself, we will never see these people again, and my dgd is so worth a little tlc.
Old 05-15-2013, 07:03 AM   #19
MinnieVanMom
DIS Veteran

We are on our second liberty push chair and it is life saver at WDW. I won't tell you at the end of the day how many adults say they wish they could sit in it. DS uses it less now but when he has to block the sensory, or refuses to walk the Liberty is wonderful.
MinnieVanMom is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: