Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK Trip Planning Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-15-2013, 03:13 AM   #31
OhanaSam
Mouseketeer

If someone fainted would they try get them through faster? I faint quite easily if I'm in stood up in a really warm place for a long time, I'm fine if its outside so queuing in Disney will be ok but inside I'm not, so just worried about the airport. Plus I get travel sickness so already won't be feeling to good lol

Me(23) DBF(23)
OhanaSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 04:18 AM   #32
wideeyes
Won't use fake tan, wants to stay pale & interesting
Does not do sea food

We got straight though the front when my daughter been sick in the queue both at Orlando and Chicago.
wideeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-16-2013, 03:50 PM   #33
RDP
DIS Veteran

Amazed they move anyone with small children to the front of the line, as small children make up a large proportion of the passengers. We have been traveling with our children since they were 9 months old , never seen it happen, but good luck to those lucky enough .
1999-Swan, 2001- Grand Floridian, 2002-Yacht & Beach Club, 2003- Animal Kingdom Lodge,2004- Grand Floridian&Disney Cruise,2006- Off site, 2008- Dolphin, 2009-AKV Kidani, 2010-Saratoga Springs ,2011-AKV Kidani ,2012 - Port Orleans, DCL-Dream & Beach Club, 2013 - AKV Kidani , 2014 PFB, DCL, CR
RDP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 04:03 PM   #34
2Tiggies
I am subscribing to this thread just so I can see your shirt
I like those water proof containers that hang around my neck on a lanyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDP View Post
Amazed they move anyone with small children to the front of the line, as small children make up a large proportion of the passengers. We have been traveling with our children since they were 9 months old , never seen it happen, but good luck to those lucky enough .
I think it is more common with infants than small children. Unfortunately (for the parents in this case) learning to wait is something we have to teach them in real life. But I've been called at various airports when DD was a baby and have seen it being done at MCO too. Maybe it depends on who is on duty at the time
2Tiggies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 09:22 PM   #35
alibeau
DIS Veteran

Arrived today into MCO on VS075. We took off approx. 15/20 mins late so not sure whether that would have effected our arrival time or not.

We were in PE rows 23 and 24 and there were only about 8 people off the plane before us. We headed off military style to the immigration hall and were very relieved to find it empty

There didn't appear to be any less officers in the booths in fact I would say if anything that there were more than we are used to seeing

We seemed to arrive just after another flight as the area with the carousels was busy (not used to seeing that).... Cases arrived very quickly but there was already a small queue to hand in the blue declaration form. This was very slow moving and as we left the area the queues were snaking back around the carousels, again haven't seen that before.

So all in all it took us a little longer than usual mainly due to the 'blue form' queue.....

Used the second bag drop thingy, again cases arrived really quickly...

All good

Tired now so off to bed shortly!

Ali
alibeau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 09:48 PM   #36
2Tiggies
I am subscribing to this thread just so I can see your shirt
I like those water proof containers that hang around my neck on a lanyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by alibeau View Post
All good

Tired now so off to bed shortly!

Ali
Glad to hear it all worked out well for you on arrival. I saw your post and wondered what other nutter was still up at this hour, but I guess I have to deem you as sane since you are already in another time zone Have a good rest tonight and a great day tomorrow
2Tiggies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 04:40 AM   #37
crabbie1
DIS Veteran

Can I just ask what is second bag drop? I know we collect then go through blue form (as I take food) and put on another belt.
Old 03-17-2013, 04:56 AM   #38
starrysky
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by crabbie1
Can I just ask what is second bag drop? I know we collect then go through blue form (as I take food) and put on another belt.
When you arrive you go through immigration and then you collect your bags and go through customs. You then sometimes (I say this as we have been stopped from taking them with us) put your bags on a second belt which transports them to the main terminal. You then collect them from there and off you go.
If you arrive from say an internal flight like Chicago to Orlando you will only have to get them from one belt and you will not have to pass immigration and customs again as you will have cleared that when you landed in Chicago for example. Same is true if you fly via Dublin or Shannon air ports as you per clear immigration there.

1986 Hilton Downtown Disney, 1992 Offisite Kissimmee, 2006 Offsite (sheraton vistana) 2009 POFQ, 2010 POR, 2011 OKW, 2012 OKW, 2013 POFQ

starrysky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 05:08 AM   #39
crabbie1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by starrysky

When you arrive you go through immigration and then you collect your bags and go through customs. You then sometimes (I say this as we have been stopped from taking them with us) put your bags on a second belt which transports them to the main terminal. You then collect them from there and off you go.
If you arrive from say an internal flight like Chicago to Orlando you will only have to get them from one belt and you will not have to pass immigration and customs again as you will have cleared that when you landed in Chicago for example. Same is true if you fly via Dublin or Shannon air ports as you per clear immigration there.
Thanks for that. I know the last time I can recall collecting the bags going through the blue form queue then putting the bags on another belt BUT for some reason we collected them and ended up going to the wrong place.
We are flying VA so I presume the bags go through to either A or B???? Then to get ME we just get in an elevator and go to the ground floor. I just dont know what happened the last time. All the times Iv been U have never had such a hike so dont know what I dud wrong. What a muppet!!!
Old 03-17-2013, 06:24 AM   #40
queendisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by starrysky View Post

you don't have to put them on the second bag drop belt anymore, you now have the option to take them with you up the escalator straight to the mononrail and not have to wait for them again in reclaim A/B. We do this as it saves time. (we don't have kids with us so this works well for us)

Walt Disney World resort 18 times, off resort 2 times. Disneyland Paris approx. 20 times. Disneyland California.
queendisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 06:26 AM   #41
starrysky
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by crabbie1 View Post

Thanks for that. I know the last time I can recall collecting the bags going through the blue form queue then putting the bags on another belt BUT for some reason we collected them and ended up going to the wrong place.
We are flying VA so I presume the bags go through to either A or B???? Then to get ME we just get in an elevator and go to the ground floor. I just dont know what happened the last time. All the times Iv been U have never had such a hike so dont know what I dud wrong. What a muppet!!!
ME is on level 1 side. Normally I believe the bags end up on the A side as this is the international side of the airport. Just aim for the central atrium of the airport and follow the signs for B side.
I remember last trip we had a couple of families that followed us to collect the bags and get to the ME as they had never been before felt like the piedpiper LOL. Just aim for the B side once you have your bags.

1986 Hilton Downtown Disney, 1992 Offisite Kissimmee, 2006 Offsite (sheraton vistana) 2009 POFQ, 2010 POR, 2011 OKW, 2012 OKW, 2013 POFQ

Old 03-17-2013, 06:27 AM   #42
starrysky
DIS Veteran

Yes as I said we got stopped from taking them with us total pain as it took ages for them to get to the other belt.

Old 03-17-2013, 07:25 AM   #43
scoobydooby
Dreaming of next Disney trip

I find the whole experience totally disorientating. Done it six times and still will not know what to do this summer. Again!
Old 03-17-2013, 07:36 AM   #44
starrysky
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobydooby View Post
I find the whole experience totally disorientating. Done it six times and still will not know what to do this summer. Again!
Yes I second guess the location of ME and we have taken it 4 times. I blame the tiredness from traveling

Old 03-17-2013, 08:17 AM   #45
MrRomance
Planning and Plotting

My experience has been it depends on when you land. In the space of about an hour at the time the first VA flight and the BA flight get in, there are a bunch of flights that land from Europe and it gets really backed up. It never affects us because my wife is American and we can go through the citizens lines but when we were there last summer, my mum and my elder daughter travelled separately (we were on an Air France flight and they flew VA) and they were there for about 90 minutes while we were through in about 15. A lot of it depends on the time you land I think.

Off-Site Disney World Visits '92 - '94 - '96 - '99 - 2000, 2001, 2004
Disney World Stays August 2008 - CBR - February 2012 - SSR - July 2012 - POR - October 2013 - SSR - October 2014 - SSR - 2015 - Moving to the Sunshine State!

Disney Fairytale Wedding Vow Renewal Feb 2012
MrRomance is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: