Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK Trip Planning Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-14-2013, 06:55 AM   #16
wayneg
VMK AceCaptainWayne
I can't get my mouth to say healthy things

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radley View Post
Haha can you imagine me zooming off the plans and Luke struggling behind with all the bags.
Once you are on the cruise it will be all forgot.
  • 2005(Oct) Disney Magic + BW Lakeside, 2005 (Xmas) BW Lakeside, 2006(Aug) Courtyard By Marriott LBV + 1st RCCL cruise,
  • 2006(Oct) Disneyland, Cailfornia Howard Johnson, 2006(Xmas)Comfort Inn LBV,2007(Easter)Fairfield Inn, Marriott Village
  • 2007(Aug)Courtyard By Marriott LBV, 2007(Oct) Disneyland CA, HoJo/Vegas, Flamingo,2008(Easter) Windsor Hills, Disney Wonder, Fairfield Inn
  • 2008(Aug)Country Inn, 2nd RCCL, AKL, 2008(Oct)& 2008(Xmas)Fairfield Inn, 2009(May)Country Inn 2009(Aug)OKW, Disney Magic, Regal Sun
  • 2010(Easter) Hampton Inn LBV 2010(Aug) Royal Pacific & OKW 2011(Feb)H.I. Express LBV 2011(Aug)OKW, Disney Dream, HI DTD
  • 2011(Oct) Fairfield Inn 2012(Aug) Fairfield Inn, OKW 2012(Nov) Fairfield Inn 2013(Apr) Fairfield Inn LBV 2013(Aug) Swan & ESA LBV 2013(Oct) ESA LBV
  • 2014(Jul) Hilton Garden Inn LBV 2014(Sept) Disney Magic 14nt WBTA, Wyndham Bonnet Creek
wayneg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 07:09 AM   #17
Radley
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayneg

Once you are on the cruise it will be all forgot.
I'd like to say roll on the next 2 weeks but we've still got to do half our ADR's. Then again after the cruise we'll probably be all fooded out.
Radley is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-14-2013, 07:23 AM   #18
luke
Señor Mejor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radley

Haha can you imagine me zooming off the plans and Luke struggling behind with all the bags.
Sounds like any time we go anywhere...

Old 03-14-2013, 08:17 AM   #19
luke
Señor Mejor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radley

we've still got to do half our ADR's.
Only a third of our ADR's to do now

Old 03-14-2013, 09:04 AM   #20
Laurafoster
DIS Veteran

On our last trip it was quite busy, but there was a guy walking round and pulling families with small babies straight to the front. (Not sure if this is something they do frequently or not). We were lucky to be included in this as I was pregnant and had a tired 2year old in my arms lol.
Old 03-14-2013, 11:07 AM   #21
orangetiggs
Married my sweetheart in DISNEY!!!!!

Yes we have been pulled on our last two trips with the twins, i think it helped one was screaming the place down as the other family in our party didnt get pulled
Old 03-14-2013, 12:08 PM   #22
Radley
Earning My Ears

Fingers crossed that they do pull people with babies out. If not its going to be an interesting wait.
Radley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 12:21 PM   #23
irenep
DIS Veteran

I really don't like the sound of all these immigration delays at MCO but I assume this isn't a problem that's affecting Florida alone and I expect there will be additional delays wherever the first point of entry happens to be.

Maybe I have had bad luck but my past experiences of travelling indirect via Newark have been no better than going through MCO and the longest wait time for luggage that I have ever had in the US was after my last connecting flight from there so any advantage there might have been was wiped out.

I think I will just stick with going direct from London or Manchester to Orlando and take my chances with immigration. I already have one connection anyway as travelling from Aberdeen so the journey is long enough without another leg. Although the Aer Lingus option sounds interesting and I will be interested in any reports as to how that works out
Old 03-14-2013, 04:34 PM   #24
ukool
Mouseketeer

When we were thier nearly 2 years ago we waited over on hour in that stupid que! Thier was only 6 of the desks open and were slow. Not looking forward to that experience again.
Old 03-14-2013, 04:52 PM   #25
BethEJo
I left the house at 5.45am - that's unheard of for a student
WDW CM 19/06/11 - 02/09/11

Two years ago, we were on the BA flight from LGW that pretty much arrives the exact same time as the VA one! So we waited in that mammoth queue, only to be then held by immigration (was on a work visa as was about to start the college program at WDW) after handing over my documents at the desk. We were held in this tiny room, crammed in like sardines, no information, just told to wait and not to talk. Not a great experience - I think we were held for around 4 hours in total....

After that, I think I'll be able to deal with an hour or two in the queue if that's what it takes now! I'll soon get over it once I'm on the ME on the other side
BethEJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 05:01 PM   #26
Wills Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurafoster
On our last trip it was quite busy, but there was a guy walking round and pulling families with small babies straight to the front. (Not sure if this is something they do frequently or not). We were lucky to be included in this as I was pregnant and had a tired 2year old in my arms lol.
Ooh hope this happens. We'll have 14 month old DS who just wants to walk everywhere and climb on everything and everyone and 2 year old cousins DS who is completely hyper - I mean scary hyper!! Cant imagine the queue with both our kids! Would be so grateful if we were pulled from the queue, just hate the thought of really annoying other tired travellers with our in-your-face kiddies!

Wills First Adventure TR May 2013

Wills Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 05:15 PM   #27
queendisney
DIS Veteran

think I might pinch a couple of the aircraft pillows and stick them up my top so I look VERY pregnant and see if that works..they will prob just look at me and think 'NO...she's too old to be pregnant she must just be extremely fat'

Walt Disney World resort 18 times, off resort 2 times. Disneyland Paris approx. 20 times. Disneyland California.
queendisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 05:25 PM   #28
Wills Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by queendisney
think I might pinch a couple of the aircraft pillows and stick them up my top so I look VERY pregnant and see if that works..they will prob just look at me and think 'NO...she's too old to be pregnant she must just be extremely fat'
I might just be desperate enough to attempt it!!

Wills First Adventure TR May 2013

Wills Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 06:00 PM   #29
2Tiggies
I am subscribing to this thread just so I can see your shirt
I like those water proof containers that hang around my neck on a lanyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by queendisney View Post
You'd need more than a couple of those skinny pathetic pillows to try look pregnant, lol. If I wanted to create that impression I'd be inclined to raid the whole PE cabin of pillows before disembarking

They did call over one family last year, or one that I noticed, with an infant. Most airports are fairly reasonable with infants and the disabled. It's just a question of whether they notice them or not.
2Tiggies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 08:46 PM   #30
Tinkerpeas hubby
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangetiggs
Yes we have been pulled on our last two trips with the twins, i think it helped one was screaming the place down as the other family in our party didnt get pulled
We have also been pulled with our twins when they was babies/toddlers normally they are crying or trying to escape in different directions lmao!

We know get assisted passage so we can bypass the long lines

Moi (31): dw (27): B (10) Ant (7): Avatar (7):
Tinkerpeas hubby is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: