Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-14-2013, 08:51 PM   #1
Marthasor
DIS Veteran

Best Mod for 4 year old boy?

So we've been to all of the deluxe resorts and tried AoA last year. Even stayed at the Dolphin for a few nights, but I've never stayed at a mod with my DS4! I stayed in a POR Royal Room myself last year just to try it out and I think DS would like it, but I'm hoping to get some other suggestions for young boy-friendly mods? I don't want to do a Pirate room at CBR as I don't want the walk, otherwise I'd love to hear your suggestions!

Thanks so much!
Marthasor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 09:00 PM   #2
kimnvbva
Mouseketeer

We're staying at CSR for the first time because of the pool! We thought the kids would really enjoy it. Especially going in June!

September 2009 Caribbean Beach Resort
December 2010 Wilderness Lodge
August 2011 Port Orleans Riverside/Disney Dream
November 2012 Art of Animation Resort
June 2013 Coronado Springs
kimnvbva is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-14-2013, 11:29 PM   #3
BlizzardBeachGirl
Earning My Ears

We stayed at YC for our sons 4th birthday. His birthday is in the middle of July. The pool & close proximity to HS made it a great trip!
We love both CSR & POR..I think both have a very nice pool area for the kids & great bar & grill area for the adults.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using DISBoards
ASSp-Thanksgiving 2013
CSR - Memorial Day Weekend 2013
ASSp - August 2012
CSR - Spring Break 2012
ASMo/POR - MLK 2012
WL - Christmas 2010
Pop/CSR - July 2010
ASSp - August 2009
CBR - ESPN 2009
CSR - ESPN 2008
POR - Sept 2007
YC/BC - July 2006
POR - Christmas 2005
POR - Memorial Day 2004
CSR - 4th of July 2003
CBR - Christmas/New Year 1999
BlizzardBeachGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 12:39 AM   #4
twinboysmom
DIS Veteran

I was going to say a pirate room at cbr but it looks like you ruled that out. We stayed last year in one and the walk to the pool and food court really wasn't that bad, 10 minutes maximum from the farthest building away. I would still recommend this resort. The pool area is fantastic with zero entry, 2 slides, and a separate gated child's water play area with multiple little slides. It is height enforced at 48" maximum. We love cbr!

Here my two cents on csr. We loved it but it felt more adult to us. We were unimpressed with the pool. I know it gets a ton of love on these boards but it's not for our family right now. The pool is deeper in a lot of spots (over 4-5 feet in a large amount of space), no zero entry, has a long and quick water slide (not thr best for little ones), and a pitiful excuse for a young child's play area. Also, this resort is spread out so you may have a long walk to the food or pool areas. They are not together.

Pofq might suit you well. It is compact so no long walks with a young child oriented pool.
Old 03-15-2013, 12:41 AM   #5
Sammie
DIS Veteran

I really like Riverside.
Sammie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 02:47 AM   #6
Julie711
DIS Veteran

I agree with the pirate rooms at CBR. We stayed in them in may 2011 with our DD (3.5 yrs old) and didn't find the walk much at all. I would say 6-8 min walk and that was with her in a stroller & me bring almost 5 months pregnant. You also do t have to stay in a pirate room, but the pool at this resort is awesome for your sons age. DD loves the kiddie pirate ship with water slides, dumping buckets, she never wanted to leave!

Me DH DD(6yrs)DS(2 yrs)

9/06- CBR- Honeymoon/ 4/10- CBR- 1st Family Trip/ 8/10- CBR- Family & Grandmom Visit/ 5/11- CBR/ 2/12-AKL- Kid Free Trip For My B Day!/ 11/12- BWV- 1st Christmas Visit 4/13-DL-DH Birthday Trip Kid Free/ 9/13-WLV

Julie711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 04:21 AM   #7
ktnryansmom
Mouseketeer

Just left a pirate room today. Not impressed with cbr and my kids enjoyed por so much better and loved the pool
ktnryansmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 05:12 AM   #8
dansdad
DIS Veteran

I would like to agree with a previous poster to consider CBR but NOT in a Pirate Room. Our DS11 prefers the main pool at CBR by far over POR and POFQ. He was really bummed when he got to old/big for the water play area. We have not stayed at CSR so I can't comment on that one.
Old 03-15-2013, 08:24 AM   #9
vacation_junkie
Have Suitcase...will Travel :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marthasor View Post
So we've been to all of the deluxe resorts and tried AoA last year. Even stayed at the Dolphin for a few nights, but I've never stayed at a mod with my DS4! I stayed in a POR Royal Room myself last year just to try it out and I think DS would like it, but I'm hoping to get some other suggestions for young boy-friendly mods? I don't want to do a Pirate room at CBR as I don't want the walk, otherwise I'd love to hear your suggestions!

Thanks so much!
Prefered room at CBR!
He will LOVE thoe pool area at CBR. The atmosphere is just amazing!

vacation_junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 09:13 AM   #10
FantasiaMagic
DIS Veteran

If your son likes pirates i would say stay at CBR for the pirate rooms. The resprt also has a nice pool area.

AKV Kidani August 2012 TR: http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2975354

FantasiaMagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 09:25 AM   #11
LoveToTravel2001
Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique

We have been staying at CBR since DD was 4. She loves everything about it. She loves the pool and was even short enough on our last visit there to go into the children water area. She loved it. She also loved being able to watch the fireworks from Epcot at the food court, pool area. She liked being able to grab a snack, stretch out, see fireworks, and swim all within a small area then a quick walk to the room for bed with no crowds. (We loved it too.). Food court options are really varied. The sit down was ok but most are nothing fantastic.
We do always pay for preferred location so we are near the pool and food court. One year we didn't and the walk was long, over the cay. It was probably longer than a pirate room.
Never stayed at another mod and have never been interested in another mod. We love CBR. For our next trip, probably end of August just before DD goes back to school after Labor Day, we are going to try Poly.
WDW - CBR 5/14 The Summit
LoveToTravel2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 10:50 AM   #12
KatMark
DIS Veteran

We've only stayed at CSR, but for a young boy your son's age, I would go with a preferred room and stay at the CBR so that he can enjoy the pirate themed pool.
Old 03-15-2013, 11:26 AM   #13
geraghty
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marthasor

Thanks so much!
I would suggest POFQ. If you request building 4, you will literally be a stones throw away from the bus stop, pool, food court and courtyard where they play movies at night.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: