Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK Trip Planning Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-13-2013, 07:45 AM   #1
Azza1987
Mouseketeer

Online Check in WDW?

HI Guys

Is online check in for WDW just for USA guests? I can't seem to see anything about it for UK, and I haven't had an email?

Im not sure if i'd do online check in, as I've specifically requested the Congress Park section of SSR and I dont know if I'd get that by online checking in. But we wont get to SSR until 4-5pm so I dont know if all the 'good' rooms will have gone!

Thanks
Old 03-13-2013, 07:51 AM   #2
Linda67
Has a Masters in Margaritas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azza1987 View Post
HI Guys

Is online check in for WDW just for USA guests? I can't seem to see anything about it for UK, and I haven't had an email?

Im not sure if i'd do online check in, as I've specifically requested the Congress Park section of SSR and I dont know if I'd get that by online checking in. But we wont get to SSR until 4-5pm so I dont know if all the 'good' rooms will have gone!

Thanks
You can certainly do on-line check in from the UK
Who did you book with?
You will need your Disney booking reference
I always check in on-line but there are very limited requests that you can make. It's usually just a very small drop down menu
Linda67 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-13-2013, 08:23 AM   #3
ChipnDaleRule
DIS Veteran

To give you the best chance of receiving your room request i wouldn't do on-line check in.

ChipnDaleRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 08:42 AM   #4
BethEJo
I left the house at 5.45am - that's unheard of for a student
WDW CM 19/06/11 - 02/09/11

Is it recommended to do on-line check in? We have no requests, just wondering if I should do it or not, or does it really not matter at all?

TIA
BethEJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 08:50 AM   #5
chmurf
DIS Veteran

I would do online check in, as it speeds up the check in process at the hotel.

If you have room requests, submit them by mail to WDTC-UK (if you have booked with them) if not then it might be a little more tricky.

If there are room requests that were already made with Disney, then you'll most probably get a message along the lines of "we could not save your requests" when you'll do online check in. That's what we get all the time since we put our requests through WDTC-UK well before OLCI

Doing the online check in is not mandatory. You'll just need more time at the hotel if you don't do it.

But I'm waiting to hear from those who will do OLCI at the 60 days mark once it's available and once the magic bands are in place, as it might change a few things for OLCI

feb-mar 2012 : POP
oct-nov 2012 : POP/CBR
oct-nov 2013 : AoA/POR
chmurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 09:00 AM   #6
bookbunny
Mouseketeer

I use the online check-in. It makes it a lot easier and faster. I also put in requests for a couple of things. I am never disappointed. The online check in makes it faster for you to get through the line and get your room/tickets.

9/2014, 9/2013, 2/2013, 9/2012, 9/2005, 9/2002, 9/2000 - "POP Century"
9/1998, 9/1996 - "All Star Movie"
9/1994 - "All Star Music"
summer of 80's - Stayed with family

Dined @: Bubba Gumps Shrimp Co, Cape May Café, T-Rex, Crossroads at House of Blues, Fulton's Crab House, Cap n' Jack's, Planet Hollywood, Rainforest Cafe', Disney's Spirit of Aloha Dinner Show, Tony's Town Square, Teppan Edo, Hard Rock Cafe'......
bookbunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 09:28 AM   #7
BethEJo

Like I say, we don't have any requests - have never stayed at OKW so have no idea of what's 'good' and what's 'bad', buuuuuut.... If it saves time at check in then I'm all for it it would have already been a long day travelling so the quicker we can get to the room the better. All in theory of course

Last edited by BethEJo; 03-13-2013 at 10:50 AM.
Old 03-13-2013, 12:29 PM   #8
BethEJo

Sorry to ask another question, but are you supposed to get email confirmation or anything after doing the online checkin? I just did it but have received nothing - do you just need to turn up at the online check-in desk with ID?

I was going to print it out, but I clicked on something, tried to return to my confirmation page but no luck. Can't access any of the My Disney Experience things now to try and retrieve it. Another case of -ing Disney IT!

Old 03-13-2013, 12:59 PM   #9
chmurf
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BethEJo View Post
Sorry to ask another question, but are you supposed to get email confirmation or anything after doing the online checkin?
yes you should get a confirmation email

Quote:
I just did it but have received nothing - do you just need to turn up at the online check-in desk with ID?
as long as you completed the process, you can show up at the online check in line/counter. You don't need any documents to prove you have done your OLCI

Quote:
I was going to print it out, but I clicked on something, tried to return to my confirmation page but no luck. Can't access any of the My Disney Experience things now to try and retrieve it. Another case of -ing Disney IT!
you can go back to OLCI as often as you wish to (once you have access again). OLCI can be amended until the day before arrival. You can redo the OLCI to change your requests if you like or if you want to redo it to be sure it went ok

Old 03-13-2013, 03:11 PM   #10
scoobydooby
Dreaming of next Disney trip

If you have special requests its best to check in face to face. If you do on line check in you are theoretically accepting whatever room they allocate you. I have only once accepted the first room offered.....
Old 03-14-2013, 03:07 AM   #11
chmurf
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobydooby View Post
If you have special requests its best to check in face to face. If you do on line check in you are theoretically accepting whatever room they allocate you. I have only once accepted the first room offered.....
I've always done online check in, and each time I was able to request another room at check in at the hotel if the room the CM showed me on the resort map didn't please me.
I guess it also is a matter of when you go. Peak season might be a different story.

Old 03-14-2013, 03:40 AM   #12
Elise79

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BethEJo View Post
Like I say, we don't have any requests - have never stayed at OKW so have no idea of what's 'good' and what's 'bad', buuuuuut.... If it saves time at check in then I'm all for it it would have already been a long day travelling so the quicker we can get to the room the better. All in theory of course
I doubt you will have a wait to check in at OKW. When we arrived on ME last year we were the only family getting off the bus and check in had no queue.

July 2014 - OKWApr 2014 OKW & NYC Dec 2013 - BLT July 2013 - OKW April 2013/Dec 2012 - BLT June 2012 - BLT & OKW Feb 2012 - OKW Sept 2011 - BWV & BLT May 2011 - BCV & BLT Nov 2010 - BLT & CR Tower Club May 2010 - BLT Sept 2009/March 2009/April 2008/Sept 2007/Sept 2006 - CSR Feb 2008 - DLRP Newport Bay (First DLRP Trip) April 1999 - WDW Offsite in Villa June 1998 - WDW Offsite July 1989 - WDW Offsite
Elise79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 03:45 AM   #13
scoobydooby
Dreaming of next Disney trip

Quote:
Originally Posted by chmurf

I've always done online check in, and each time I was able to request another room at check in at the hotel if the room the CM showed me on the resort map didn't please me.
I guess it also is a matter of when you go. Peak season might be a different story.
But the point of OLCI is you pick up your package and go and don't spend time with a CM. that makes the OLCI line like the regular check in line?
Old 03-14-2013, 06:24 AM   #14
chmurf
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobydooby View Post
But the point of OLCI is you pick up your package and go and don't spend time with a CM. that makes the OLCI line like the regular check in line?
even with OLCI there are a few things the CM has to do.

First of all check your ID, then check your credit card if you link one to your KTTW.
But most important, the CM will show you a map of the hotel and show you the location of your room. And then you're free to request another location if you wish
The process is faster because your welcome folder is ready, your KTTW are printed, and so on. But this doesn't mean your disqualified when it comes to rejecting a pre-assigned room that you think you won't like.

we have very special requests (medical) and we always do OLCI since those special requests are passed on to the resort through WDTC-UK beforehand.

Last november at CBR we were not happy with our room location (pirate room, which are already far away from the food court) and we asked if there was a room in the next building (a few yards closer, but closer anyway as I have a disability which makes it difficult for me to walk.)
The CM looked at her computer and changed our room, left a note for housekeeping (for allergy concerns) and gave us our room number and the whole process took less than 90 seconds. We spent a total of 5 minutes at the desk, including the time it took the CM to go get a balloon for my son, customize a "happy birthday" button for me, give us a photopass card in a folder with a photograph of Mickey, ask us where we were from, tell us about her cousin in France, and show us our new room on the map.

Old 03-14-2013, 12:33 PM   #15
Shazzie B
DIS Veteran

You've convinced me Chmurf Wish they had it when kids were smaller, can remember trying to keep them entertained/awake for what seemed like ages.

May 2002 All Star Movies; May 2003 La Quinta 192; Dec 2004 Nikki Bird; April 2006 Holiday Inn & Dolphin Beach, St. Petes; Aug 2007 Animal Kingdom Lodge; Aug 2008 Coronado Springs; Aug 2009 Highlands Reserve & Animal Kingdom Lodge; Oct 2010 Best Western Lakeside; Oct 2012 Arcadia Gardens; Sept 2013 Old Key West;Sept 2014 Transatlantic on Magic

Shazzie B is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: