Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-12-2013, 09:39 PM   #1
aristocatz
DIS Veteran

Which cell phone companies offer free out of network calling?

Which cell phone companies offer plans where you can add one or more phone numbers (of a different network) that you can call for free?

Not sure I explained that correctly??

I currently have Sprint. We moved a few years ago & the Sprint service in our new area SUCKS Reception is horrendous, dropped calls, etc... We live in an area that is very strong with AT&T & Verizon. We are considering switching to a new network.

My parents also have Sprint & my mom is really the only person I talk to on the phone for any significant amount of time (hate talking on the phone-I'm a texter!). We talk every day & I just don't want to have to count the minutes we have left on our plan each month when I want to call her. Our Sprint plan has free person to person calling.

I've heard of other companies that offer you to add 1-2 phone numbers who are of a different network, that you can have free person to person calling, but I don't know which ones do or even what that is called??

Anyone have any info?

Thanks!

ETA: I just did another google search & I *think* the term I am looking for is a circle calling plan??

Last edited by aristocatz; 03-12-2013 at 09:51 PM.
aristocatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 11:19 PM   #2
SandrA9810
DIS Veteran

AT&T offers free mobile to any mobile calling if you sign up for the $30 a month family text messaging plan.

Verizon used to have the ten free friends, I don't know if they still offer it or not. You could set up any ten phone numbers, mobile or landline, that would not use any minutes to call.

I have the AT&T plan with the free mobile to any mobile and barely touch the paid minutes, even with 4 lines.
SandrA9810 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 05:32 AM   #3
scrapquitler
DIS Veteran

Our Verizon plan has free mobile to mobile, so I think I can call any cell number and the minutes don't count toward my plan, even if its with another carrier. I may be misunderstanding that part, I'm not positive.

We also can designate a few (5?) other numbers that the minutes don't count against our plan minutes. My husband has various numbers he uses for work related things hooked to this, so most every work related call he makes isn't sucking up our minutes. I think you only get this option on Verizon plans that have at least 1200 or 1400 minutes.
scrapquitler is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: