Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-12-2013, 09:47 PM   #1
Callie
Always Dreaming of Disney Magic

Wedding Gift Help!

I'm new to the whole wedding scene. Two of my sorority sisters(they are also great friends, one always cat sits for me) are having Weddings this summer. Due to my internship, I know I won't be able to make one, and the other more than likely not. Is it appropriate to give them the gifts before? One lives in Arkansas, so it would be easier to give it to her before the semester is over.

Also, if they aren't registered (I'm trying to find out if they are), what is an appropriate gift? None of us have a ton of money, so it can't be super expensive.
Old 03-12-2013, 10:01 PM   #2
kacaju
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callie View Post
I'm new to the whole wedding scene. Two of my sorority sisters(they are also great friends, one always cat sits for me) are having Weddings this summer. Due to my internship, I know I won't be able to make one, and the other more than likely not. Is it appropriate to give them the gifts before? One lives in Arkansas, so it would be easier to give it to her before the semester is over.

Also, if they aren't registered (I'm trying to find out if they are), what is an appropriate gift? None of us have a ton of money, so it can't be super expensive.
Give a gift from your heart. It does not have to cost a lot...but find something meaningful/useful and give that. There are quite a few things we got as wedding gifts (22 years ago) I can look at and still remember who gave it to me.
What do you do with these women? Drink wine? get a pair of nice wine glasses. Do you share a love for flowers/outdoors? Get a nice Vase. Do you guys cook a lot? Maybe a pedastal covered cake dish...glass, that they could leave out on the counter with a dessert on it...something that when they use it it will remind them of you
kacaju is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-12-2013, 10:06 PM   #3
clh2
I am the Pixie Stick NARC at my house

A great way to see if they are registered is to go to "theknot.com". They have a mega-registry that will check a bunch of stores to see if they are registered.

And - my advice to you (based on most college students are broke!) is to give them their presents in advance, then you don't have to pay for shipping.

One of the best presents we gave (so we heard) was given to a couple of friends who were having a teeny-tiny small wedding. We gave them a bottle of champagne and a GC to Victoria Secrets. I know we would have done a more traditional gift if we had been invited to the wedding.

Can I suggest something a little out of the ordinary - and it is a great gift - is some penzey's spices. They have a variety of spice gift sets - in a variety of budgets. Penzey's spice link If your budget is "broke college student" - the baking set is nice - and 2 of them would give you free shipping. And - if you want to "up it a little" then get a some small kitchen gadgets. If you budget is a little more generous than "broke college student" then they have bigger and better spice sets too.

"WONDER" ful trip 10/2003
followed by a couple of days at the Swan

I want a real countdown timer again!
clh2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 10:28 PM   #4
Callie

Thanks. I guess I could look into getting one of them something Disney Themed. She LOVES the princesses. I can also try and make something personal too.
Old 03-12-2013, 10:30 PM   #5
Callie

That website rocked! I found them both. I can get something off of there, and make a personal gift.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: