Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-12-2013, 07:26 PM   #1
keishashadow
Proud Redhead
When you gotta go, you gotta go ... it's a girl thing
Hmmm, I lust
I TOLD YOU SO!

What Do You Think of These Cabin Selections?

For you who travel with family in multiple cabins, do you find it terribly inconvenient not to have them located near each other?

Had two cabins booked for upcoming cruise for my DH & myself and my oldest DS's family in the other. We had a lovely aft balcony booked on the Dream and I booked them in a deluxe inside nearby figuring my GD would want to take turns sleeping in each cabin and it'd be easier to keep in touch.

We had to move the cruise date due to my son's work obligations. I was happy to see the cabin i wanted was still available but there were no deluxe insides on the same deck. Noticed that one of the big OV porthole cabins was open for a whopping $8 more, so i booked it. They are thrilled with having more room.

I can't say I've ever timed the walk from the stern to aft of the Dream and the commute between cabins will also include a flight of stairs. Guessing 10 minutes or so?

I've linked the reservations, not sure what else i should do to make things run smoothly. Any hints out there as to crusin' with adult children and their families is appreciated.

keishashadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 09:46 PM   #2
meajuly5
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by keishashadow
For you who travel with family in multiple cabins, do you find it terribly inconvenient not to have them located near each other?

Had two cabins booked for upcoming cruise for my DH & myself and my oldest DS's family in the other. We had a lovely aft balcony booked on the Dream and I booked them in a deluxe inside nearby figuring my GD would want to take turns sleeping in each cabin and it'd be easier to keep in touch.

We had to move the cruise date due to my son's work obligations. I was happy to see the cabin i wanted was still available but there were no deluxe insides on the same deck. Noticed that one of the big OV porthole cabins was open for a whopping $8 more, so i booked it. They are thrilled with having more room.

I can't say I've ever timed the walk from the stern to aft of the Dream and the commute between cabins will also include a flight of stairs. Guessing 10 minutes or so?

I've linked the reservations, not sure what else i should do to make things run smoothly. Any hints out there as to crusin' with adult children and their families is appreciated.
I cruised with my extended family on the wonder. They were in two cabins on deck 6 and I was on deck 8. I think we were all midship. No problems. We linked reservations. My kids still spent some time with the grands! This was ore wave phone which should make it easier to keep track
meajuly5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 08:22 AM   #3
keishashadow
Proud Redhead
When you gotta go, you gotta go ... it's a girl thing
Hmmm, I lust
I TOLD YOU SO!

meajuly5 thanks I had forgotten about the wave phones, never bothered using them as it's just been DH & me last few trips.

keishashadow is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: