Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-22-2013, 02:27 AM   #106
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

leaving

I had us scheduled to do all these things at certain times, and I swear I had communicated fully with Robert about the timing, but I figured out a little while from where we were at this time in the story that he thought we were *late*. I had said over and over what my thinking was, WHY I had timed us the way I had timed us, and we kept checking the time and checking in with each other, so I had NO way of knowing that he had got it into his head that we were desperately late.

So that all played out with us talking to each other in such a way that an innocent bystander (the caricature artist E decided to do his picture) quite obviously thought that he and I were on the last legs of our marriage. I was stressed that he was stressed, I was also MYSTIFIED and totally blindsided since we had been talking about it repeatedly that day...he was stressed because he thought we were going to miss our bus (please let us note that we got back to WL MORE than 4 hours before our flight!).

I had padded the time for each part of our day, and he knew this, but it wasn't remembered.

Le sigh.

But it's not the last legs, I promise. It's just that our style of communication doesn't translate well to other people. When it's just the two of us, we're fine and it's fine and we work it out. But in front of other people, well we should just shush if we're confused and stressed.

Before the stress really came out (also before I figured out what was happening in his head) he had run to get some food. Got veggie sushi, but it has ingredients we cannot have. Happily, they allowed him to return it (VEGGIE sushi, not raw fish), but then he got stressy b/c he was hungry. Dagnabit.

But hey, I got this arty picture!

We were early (regardless of what Robert thought) and our scheduled bus was late, so we had a good amount of time to relax and get everything together. We sat outside in some sunshine to relax, apologize, and snag some of Eamon's food, LOL.

Someone before the trip had said that they take ME to the resort, but use other methods to get back to the airport. The ME there is the "happy bus", and the bus at the end is the "sad bus". And it was! Doesn't it just look sad?

Sad boy.

Had to stop at the Poly to get some people.

When we got on board at WL, there was a family of 5 sitting in the front rows. Cute little kids that I smiled big at (so cute!), it all seemed idyllic and happy.

A few minutes into the drive, however, it all changed. The kids weren't being supervised enough for being in the front rows of a coach bus. I grew up on a coach bus, since my dad worked for Greyhound, and you do NOT get up on your knees while it's moving. Not unless you want the possibility of being a moving projectile hitting the windshield! So Littles need supervision, and they weren't getting it. The adorable little bitties started crying and whining and making horrid noises. I literally put my earplugs in before we even left the property. It lasted the entire way to the airport.

Got off, and oh yes I still had my bright orange earplugs in when I got off the plane, because there was still heinous amounts of noise issuing forth from certain adorable little faces.

We got our carryons and nearly ran into the airport, thankful to be on our own again.

Since we were nice and early, we had a good amount of time at the gate. Got on the plane in a good amount of time. Because of the way United does things, if I book all 3 of us together using DH's miles, we get basic seats. If I book one of us alone, then the other with Eamon, each of us gets upgraded to the premium economy seats. For whatever reason I booked all 3 together, so we got the normal seats.

The plane was nearly full, just a row or two empty. A row two rows in front of us. Empty. And finally the family got on. OH no. It was the family from the ME bus.

We were very happy to change planes in Chicago, even though we weren't in the right terminal for our normal Brioche Doree. Just happy to be away from the children that were not good travelers and the parents that could have supervised the kids a tad bit more (seatbelt-free explorations during seatbelt-light-ON times, woooo! they really have no problem with the kid-as-projectile idea, it seems).

Plus, that part of the O'Hare terminal has a (replica of a fossilized) dinosaur! Nothing wrong with that!

We got home, we were tired (E was so tired that in the car he kept waking up thinking that I was insulting him...at one point I read a new billboard about a car or something, and he woke in tears saying that I had called him a bad name...sooooo tired), we slept.

And there's the trip! Sad that it's over, Eamon?

I would say so!

Thanks for reading.
Old 04-22-2013, 08:03 AM   #107
nunzia
You can't top pigs with pigs, but you CAN top Toys with Toys

Thanks for sharing!..great TR
Register to remove

Old 04-22-2013, 12:18 PM   #108
kaoden39
Prayers and pixie dust from your friends on the DIS
Hugs
I have been flipping all around the internet

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumbershoot View Post
Forgot to answer the MIL question. The answer is...who knows? After telling me to my face that she still wants me to know everything and get the phone calls from the healthcare providers, I hadn't gotten a call in two weeks (until today, but it's just a robocall). Since she's chosen to drive again she doesn't need our help with anything. I made what felt like one last round of calls to try to talk some sense into her healthcare providers so that they would get her off the coumadin and onto plavix like her GP wants, and haven't heard a peep since.

The GP wants to switch the drugs, but wants a neurologist's opinion. The neuro person that was overseeing the hospital doctor who officially put her on it is saying that SHE didn't put her on coumadin so she won't be the one to take her off (even though there had been an official appointment with this neuro person so one could call her Kyung's neuro-person (she's not actually a neurologist but she portrayed herself to be just LIKE a neurologist).

K went to a different neurologist, but went alone, so he had NO CLUE why she was seeing him (fabulous). Got a call from them explaining (condescendingly) that she is on coumadin because she had strokes (they had finally realized that their facility had the digital copies of all the scans made at all the various facilities)...like we didn't know that. I was, um, not entirely sweetness and light when responding to the lady on the phone. I wasn't mean, but I made SURE she knew that we knew all that, that they were wasting everyone's time with this, and that the intention of the visit was to get her off of coumadin. And that maybe they should walk over to the GP's office and have a talk with him, instead of this game of "telephone" they are playing. Because that's the whole point of choosing THAT neurologist who is in the same healthcare system and the same building as the GP.

Ugh.

Michele, although I haven't experienced something like a house fire, I feel that I have had negative things happen to me, and I definitely find that being able to talk about it in a blog sort of way helps like nothing else helps. Glad you're doing it.

You poor thing with your MIL. It is like having a teenager. I have a lot of experience with that and I know it is no fun at all.

The blog has been an amazing thing for me. I have found that since I have been writing it I am sleeping better. That in itself is amazing.

I am going to miss your trip report. Quick you need to plan the next one.
Old 04-22-2013, 03:00 PM   #109
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

I'm glad you are sleeping better. That is SO good to hear.

No worries about trips to come, as I have apparently lost my mind. The other way to look at it is if I have lots of things planned for the future, I'm less likely to overspend on random things at home, and less likely to do silly things like last-minute trips.

Although speaking of spending, I *have to* get E a proper school desk and chair. He's been working on a laptop desk from Ikea that Robert got, while sitting on the couch, and he is developing some awful habits because of it. Half of the learning -work time each day is spent with me telling him to sit properly, and it's making us both a bit nutty. Ah, just had to yelp at him again about it. Proper desk and chair might not instantly make his posture perfect, but it'll be less inviting to slouch down. That's what I hope at least.

But I think I just found a supplier that will be much less expensive than the one I was previously looking at, so that's good.

Robert caught my rotten cold, poor guy.
Old 04-22-2013, 10:06 PM   #110
kaoden39
Hugs

Poor Robert.

I think that a desk is a good idea for E. I plan on getting my kids desks for their rooms. They are older and should study without the others interfering.
Old 04-23-2013, 09:46 PM   #111
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaoden39 View Post
I plan on getting my kids desks for their rooms. They are older and should study without the others interfering.
My mom got me a psuedo-drafting table when I was in high school; it was fabulous for homework.

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
Old 04-24-2013, 09:54 AM   #112
kaoden39
Hugs

I think that Ikea is going to end up being my friend.
Old 04-24-2013, 04:54 PM   #113
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaoden39 View Post
I think that Ikea is going to end up being my friend.
I can really recommend the Billy bookcases. Except for one that fell over during a move and important parts of it broke (it was a tall, wide one, it had glass doors on it, and the glass door got wrenched which ripped off part of the side "wall" of the unit), we've had our Billy shelves for years.

Many people avoid the lower-end of the cost spectrum *couches*, because they don't last that long. I have never had an Ikea couch so I have no experience in that.

We bought a mattress from them, and while it didn't work out for us, their great warranty on mattresses did.

And everything else there is just fun. They have their new "Ikea family" program which gives a few extra discounts, a free frozen yogurt (we can't have it b/c of corn syrup, sadness), free coffee at the restaurant, etc.
Old 04-24-2013, 06:12 PM   #114
kaoden39
Hugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumbershoot View Post
I can really recommend the Billy bookcases. Except for one that fell over during a move and important parts of it broke (it was a tall, wide one, it had glass doors on it, and the glass door got wrenched which ripped off part of the side "wall" of the unit), we've had our Billy shelves for years.

Many people avoid the lower-end of the cost spectrum *couches*, because they don't last that long. I have never had an Ikea couch so I have no experience in that.

We bought a mattress from them, and while it didn't work out for us, their great warranty on mattresses did.

And everything else there is just fun. They have their new "Ikea family" program which gives a few extra discounts, a free frozen yogurt (we can't have it b/c of corn syrup, sadness), free coffee at the restaurant, etc.
I am mainly interested in the things like the Bully bookcases and desks. That sort of thing.
Old 05-21-2013, 05:51 PM   #115
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Heeeey...youuuuu...guyyyyyyyys!

In case you are pining away for me (bwa ha ha), I have been unable to escape the pre-trip-report curse. Find me here. If you choose to accept the mission, that is.

Michele I was just skimming your blog, and obviously the way you're quoting songs at the beginning just rubbed off on me. Only, obviously, I'm not quoting songs, but older TV shows.
Old 05-21-2013, 05:57 PM   #116
kaoden39
Hugs

The songs kind of make it more interesting for me and I am kind of trying to tie it all together. Thanks for reading it. How did you find it?
Old 05-22-2013, 09:09 AM   #117
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

Great update!
Old 07-03-2013, 01:54 PM   #118
daisy_77
BL II - Blue Team
I had no idea that we shrink as the day goes on

Great end to a great trip!

I hate the sad bus!!! I am heading over to your new(ish) PTR!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: