Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-13-2013, 03:43 PM   #16
nunzia
You can't top pigs with pigs, but you CAN top Toys with Toys

Yeah! Trip Report part 2
Old 03-14-2013, 08:10 PM   #17
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

I just turned 80 photos into something like 253 on photopass.

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!

Last edited by bumbershoot; 03-14-2013 at 08:39 PM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-14-2013, 08:17 PM   #18
kaoden39
Prayers and pixie dust from your friends on the DIS
Hugs
I have been flipping all around the internet

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumbershoot View Post
I just turned 80 photos into something like 253 on photopass.
Wow!

Scotty's neuro appointment went well. The Dr has requested an MRI to look at Scotty's past concussions and look at his neck for compressed vertebrae.
Old 03-14-2013, 08:25 PM   #19
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

I should probably mention that taking Beverly (the bitter beverage from Italy) "to go" really isn't a great idea. He hated it. I took a sip and it was FAR worse an hour or so old than it was when fresh.

In case anyone wonders, this is the inside of the fridge:

Eamon and I needed to go to the front desk for some reason, and Robert stayed behind b/c of his leg/hip. We knew that the cruise transportation people would be coming by to pick up the checked bags, and he would be there for that (though it's not necessary).

I took some pictures along the way. This is the side-side of the Bell Services building.

An amusing thing in the middle of the general store. If only I'd gotten video instead of two pictures.

We went on back after our business was done. The luggage had been picked up and Robert had been conned out of a tip (which he took from the money I left out for proper Bell Services and the housekeeper). The cruise people come into the room when you're not even there to pick up bags...there is NO way they should be expecting a tip, but DH felt that this guy was. So I had to rummage for more cash. The Bell people came by to grab a couple bags we were leaving with them, and we took our carryons and headed on out! It was breakfast-time.

In the same spot at the food court where they have "create your own pasta" for lunch and dinner, they have "create your own omelet". Yum, omelets.... Each of us got one, and there was waffley goodness as well.

From there we slowly made our way to the something-or-other Roost where we were to meet the cruise bus people. I made a last minute purchase of one of the shiny hard-sided carry-on-size roller bags they sell at Disney and did a last minute swap of carryons. My shoulders just couldn't take the weight of my smallish duffel anymore. I know, I know, I obviously carry too much. Like did I NEED my Passporter book in my carryon? Probably not, but what if I suddenly needed it while on the bus? etc. This is how I justify carrying so much.

Well eventually the bus arrived, the CMs herded us out and we were on our way. So that's the end of WDW for a bit.
Old 03-14-2013, 08:26 PM   #20
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaoden39 View Post

Scotty's neuro appointment went well. The Dr has requested an MRI to look at Scotty's past concussions and look at his neck for compressed vertebrae.
Glad he had a good appointment. Crossing fingers and toes for you guys!
Old 03-14-2013, 08:40 PM   #21
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Cruise TR here.

We had a brief foray back to WDW grounds after the cruise, so let me bore, no, tell, you, about it now.

We took the cruise bus back to the airport, where we got two (TWO!) luggage carts and headed over to the National car area. Robert has "executive" status so we trolled that aisle and found a nice BIG Ford Flex. DH and I loved the car. Eamon had some sort of unreasonable hatred of it. He and DH watch (British) Top Gear and play Gran Turismo 4 (or whatever is the Top Gear version), and his favorite car is a Corvette. I suppose the Flex looks nothing whatsoever like a Corvette, and that's why he had such disdain for it, but it was still odd. Didn't matter, we had a ton of luggage and we needed it. And we wanted it.

Here's Flexy.

I just never expect Orlando to have cows. But it does.

Aw man! Miss you Old Key West!

Our reason for entering WDW grounds was to pick up our bags we'd left at Riverside, and to pick up some food at French Quarter. This plan had been decided upon before we realized how much we would be wanting Butterbeer, and no one was quite willing to change the plan.

For anyone who wants to dine at Sassagoula Float Works who has not been there, the float part of the name doesn't refer to root beer and ice cream, but to Mardi Gras parade floats. There are two sides to the seating area; one is closer to the entrance/exit to the food area, and then there's the side on the other side of the drink station. We usually go with the closer side since it's easy to see. But the floats and papier mache stuff that is hanging from the ceiling tends to freak out me and E. I mean, we don't have tantrums about it, but it's just an uneasiness. We decided to check out the other side, and discovered that it is much better for us.

On the other hand, there's a TV on that side, and each child who was sitting on that side was staring, zombie-like, at the TV, and was having to be coaxed to eat. E was no exception.

He had mac&cheese while Robert and I had veggie burgers and fries, which were tasty! And after that, the whole reason for going to POFQ? Beignets.

From there we went on to Universal, and eventually I'll throw the link to that trip report HERE.
Old 03-14-2013, 09:10 PM   #22
kaoden39
Hugs

Great update! I would have been like R and given a tip to the luggage guy from the cruise.

I love the picture of E with the powder sugar face.

Yes, he did have a good appointment and the Dr did actually give him a diagnosis. He believes this is all caused by brain damage do to concussions and that he has vertigo caused by the same thing. After the MRI we will find out how bad the brain damage is.
Old 03-14-2013, 09:23 PM   #23
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

For those who read much later, once I've done the Universal trip report and know all about it, and so we left Hard Rock Hotel (gladly) and Universal (sadly) to go check in to Animal Kingdom Lodge's Kidani Villas, with enough time scheduled for problems (we just knew there would be problems), changing clothes, and getting to our dinner at Sanaa.

Unlike our first visit there, the guard was kind and reasonable. However, he told us that he has lived in Orlando for 25 years, but he still had a STRONG Queens accent (which is where he was from). How do you keep an accent that long? I went to Ireland for a week and started to lose my American accent. If I lived there for 25 years you probably wouldn't even know I was from here. That's my little mystery...

Look, we were there before dark! Exciting stuff. Makes quite a bit of difference.

I had done online checkin, so we went to that line and the Lobby Concierge was the one that called us over. I think that they had managed to lose our CC info too, so we gave that again, and he printed our keys. I was nervous because of our problems (that many don't think were problems but we do) at Jambo in 2010, and made sure he wasn't giving us an accessible room (I'll leave those for those who NEED it, thank you), and just was nervously talking about how I hoped everything would be good. He assured me it would, and that if there was any problem to come back and he would take care of it.

Dh was not happy with his leg and was definitely using his cane, and of course our room was 18,000 miles away. We had left bags in the car and left car in the checkin area because at 5+ pm we figured our room would be ready, but didn't want to move in until we knew the room was all good.

We trudged to the room, held our new RFID cards up to the reader, and....nothing. Tried E's card. Nothing. Robert's card. Nothing. Tried them all again, nothing nothing nothing.

Ack.

If Robert could have physically done it, he would have sat on the ground. As it was, he walked back with us, the whole 36,000 miles back to the front desk. I needed to chat with the Lobby Concierge dude.

Who was...gone.

So I dealt with the woman who was in his spot. Tried the KTTW on their little reader; it was active. Are we sure the door didn't open? You just put it to the reader you know. Why yes, we do know how to use it and we used it correctly and it's nice that I could charge to it, but it's not opening the door.

So she does the cards over again. Sidenote: some have talked about how the bonus of the RFID cards is that "they" can just program or reprogram them from afar, you don't have to go to the lobby! Well HOW do you get in touch with the lobby when you are OUTSIDE your room, I would like to know? You can't. Unless they are planning on giving us a phone number in case of problems. You have to go back.

So I dealt with this while Robert grumpily got our bags to Bell Services, with the assumption that they would be *following us down the hall*.

I made the lady send a runner up to our room to make SURE that the keys worked. She said they did. Then realized they weren't working on the scanner thing and made all new keys. (this is 3 sets of keys and no one has entered the room yet) Told me that I was not to worry about the waste, as they melt the cards down. Um, OK? "And what comes after that?" I wondered, but she was off to the next subject.

She sends the runner up to check out the new KTTWs and reports that they are working. so now they are working on the reader thingie and in the door. OK.

So we start our walk back, down the 72,000 mile long hallway. Hey wait, where's Bell Services?

The good news is that the room was FINE. Clean, stocked with dishes and towels and whatnot, and it was adequate for our needs.

So we call Bell Services wondering why he wasn't following us, and they say they'll send him up. It took...well...longer than perhaps it should have taken. But when he got there he was personable and nice and chatty in a good way and strong and moved our bags around with no effort (all 2,000 of them), and he told us to call him if we needed anything, we tipped him nicely, and he thanked us and reminded us to call him if we needed ANYTHING, and he left.

We got ready for Sanaa and headed on out.

It was SO nice to be able to just go down the elevator (after walking, again, the 100,000 miles to the elevator) and get to Sanaa. Much better than the time we had getting from Jambo on that freezing day in 2010.

taking the time machine back in, um, time......

on that day in December 2010 we... (and do forgive the lousy grammar here, just pretend like English isn't my first language and get lost in the story told by my list)

*were freezing
*had spent all day freezing at Universal
*didn't want to leave Universal or Royal Pacific
*got to Jambo after dark
*threw bags in room and ran for the shuttle to Kidani that the valet had told us about
*had lovely late dinner at Sanaa

*came out into the even colder night to find out that the shuttle had stopped running, but "you can walk or take the bus!"
*we didn't know where the path was
*we didn't know where the bus was
*I had some impression that we would be walking through the savannah inside cyclone fencing protecting us from hyenas (I knew that couldn't be right but it wouldn't get out of my head)
*I don't see well in the dark thanks to Lasik
*Eamon was TIRED. and SCARED. and COLD.
*we started to walk then turned back and went to the bus
*we were cold
*the bus came. the driver got off. she left the door open. we started to get on.
*the driver YELLED at us
*she was putting the ramp down so someone in a wheelchair could get off the bus and what are we doing and that's not allowed
*like we knew that?

*finally got to our room, freezing, cold, chilly, and TIRED and aching to our bones, only to find out we had been given a handicap accessible room WITH NO BATHTUB.
*and that's when I started to cry.

*and they couldn't move us until the next day.
*Robert was not the only one in line who was angry with their room situation, and not the only one with a child who had been given a room with no bathtub. He did end up working out a deal with the night manager that got us a room change the next day, a credit on our account (that we then had to set up), and the "that NEVER happens oh yes it does" late checkout so we could stay in our room until our next room was available

OK, we're back to the current trip

But THIS time, February 12, 2013, it was easy to get to Sanaa.

We had a wait for some reason, and they gave us a buzzer beeper thing and said it would work if we went outside, so we did. Got to use the nightvision goggles (much better experience than we had at Jambo in '10), there were a couple animals out there eating what they had left out for them, we met some nice people from New Orleans who were escaping Mardi Gras, it was a VERY nice experience. I was feeling very happy that evening!

However, the meal wasn't as good as last time. But there's a reason. For those who read my cruise report, remember that I had just *basically* had my own private chef from India making me Indian food. It was no wonder it just didn't taste the same.

The naan bread service, however, was a huge hit. Eamon will deal with naan, and even garlic naan, but he shies away from the stronger Indian flavors. But not that evening! It's called spicy naan? Bring it on! I think the only dip he didn't try was the pickled garlic or garlic pickle or whatever it was. And he ate his pizza, which just like before was a flatbread pizza not your usual one.

A chef came out to talk with us about desserts and corn syrup ingredients and whatnot, and it turned out that HER son was just as sensitive (and still is but he's grown now) to colors, corn syrup products, and artificial sweeteners (DS doesn't eat those), and knew EXACTLY what to warn us away from. She was awesome. Sadly, she told us, the special juices at Ohana and Boma both have HFCS in them. That's just a huge bummer, but it sure does explain his behaviour when we had breakfast at Boma in 2010!

We left without dessert, but that was OK because we did have a grocery stop between Universal and Kidani, and we were prepared.

Made our *much easier* way back to the room, reveled in its comfort, reviewed what we would be doing the next day, and eventually made our way to DreamLand.
Old 03-14-2013, 09:25 PM   #24
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Great update! I would have been like R and given a tip to the luggage guy from the cruise.

I love the picture of E with the powder sugar face.

Yes, he did have a good appointment and the Dr did actually give him a diagnosis. He believes this is all caused by brain damage do to concussions and that he has vertigo caused by the same thing. After the MRI we will find out how bad the brain damage is.

I'm more annoyed at the luggage guy than with Robert...there was no reason for him to expect a tip but he did. I was just glad I'd gotten so many dollars and fives! We pay for groceries in cash through the year and keep the change in a jar, and that's where our tip money comes from.
Old 03-14-2013, 11:17 PM   #25
kaoden39
Hugs

Oh lovely about the walk. I love how every time you took it the walk was longer. I have been in that situation, there is nothing like it. I think the CM arguing with you about the keys working was full of BS.

I love the magical trip back in time, your experience not so much. I am glad it was better but you deserved that it be a better experience. Too bad the food was disappointing.

How nice about the chef coming out and talking to you. Too bad about there not be a healthier alternative.

It's funny but I never thought someone could be happy about brain damage but Scotty feels vindicated and his mood has vastly improved.
Old 03-15-2013, 12:23 AM   #26
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Quote:

It's funny but I never thought someone could be happy about brain damage but Scotty feels vindicated and his mood has vastly improved.
Sometimes just getting a diagnosis makes people feel happier. Or at least better. Explanations are always good.

The 2010 trip...in a big way I wish I hadn't been such a whineybutt about the Jambo room, but I was just out of my mind with exhaustion. It was what it was, it happened, and the fact is, we were not the only ones incredibly peeved about our assigned rooms.
Old 03-15-2013, 01:22 AM   #27
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

I was up early the next morning. Needed to do some wash, and since we were in a 1 bedroom I had the machines right there.

And there we found the problem. I started a cold wash, and out came hot. I switched it to hot, and out came cold. Ruh Roh. And all washes end with a cold rinse...guess what THAT would mean?

I called maintenance, told them what time we would be out of the room, and asked them to come after that time.

They showed up 10 minutes after the call.

So...yay for being prompt, but, yeah, not so much fully dressed! And we were eating a nice, proper breakfast. (seriously! we made eggs and stuff!)

So the guy came in and we were talking. I had looked up this problem on the boards (I think maybe I actually noticed it the night before and had had the time to check it out) and noticed that from the very opening of Kidani there were problems like this. People said that the water spouts to the washer were switched, so the maintenance people had to switch them back.

But the maintenance guy, 3+ years later, said that that was then, but now it's some sort of switch that the electric/appliance/whatever company went cheap on. That they are faulty. And that they have to be told of the problem, because you can't just look at the switch and know it's wrong.

So he swapped it out really quickly, we made sure it worked, and we he left, I started a wash, and we got ready to go.

Today was Magic Kingdom day. Lunch at Cinderella Royal Table. Hopes of being hungry enough in the evening to go to Columbia Harbor House.

For whatever reason, we took the bus. Not sure why. Probably just to get the experience for trip reports, LOL.

I've recently been touchy when people say "buses drop you off at the FRONT of Magic Kingdom!" Or worse, "at the GATES!" So I took some pictures.

I see no front gates yet.

Still no gates. I see a hill going down, but no gates.

You go down then turn and go up, and then there's...bag check.

Next trip I'll take pictures coming from TTC, because we will drive, because for us that's much less annoying.

Robert had to get his AP voucher turned into an AP, so we went to Guest Services (or Relations, whatever) to the right of the gates. That part was decently fast. And then we tried to get in. They are doing this really slow switchover to RFID gates and don't seem to have any visible signage telling you where to go. One lady said that we needed to go there (pointing to her left, our right). We go there. Where the CM whines about us being there, that we should be over there (points way to her right, our left). But today, just this once, they'll scan our APs. She refuses to hear that we have just been told, by the woman almost next to her, to go to her...UGH.

So that was bothersome. We walk on in.

Ha, didn't realize I got a picture of that building.

So I needed to redeem my photopass plus voucher, and I naturally headed up the street to where the photo place is. In Disneyland. Whoopsie. So I ask a CM, and he points me in some direction that I don't remember. That doesn't sound right. I ask another and he tells me something that sounds weird. It did turn out to be right, though, if I'm remembering correctly (I've been trying to remember this story correctly since yesterday and I'm not sure I am, so forgive any difference between discussion in other posts and here). Unfortunately, I have NO idea what building he's telling me to go to. And he's already gone.

I have a low tolerance for this sort of thing, and it's coming right on the heels of the turnstile thing, and that happened after maintenance showed up WAY before he was supposed to, and that was caused by the water being all wrong, and....I believe I said "I HATE Magic Kingdom, I want to go back to Disneyland". Grr.

Breathe.

So we go over to the theater, which is pictured above, and I ask someone and they point to this area that's fairly obviously a photopass place and I get in line and I get to this CM. And the conversation goes south pretty quickly, because I was saying something like "wow, the CMs didn't know where this was, this guy said this and that guy said that but didn't explain blah blah", and just TALKING, just getting it quickly off my chest, and there was NO LINE, but he felt the need to shut me up, to cut me off, and say that I was here now and that's all that mattered.

Oh bwa ha ha ha, like that is my personality at all! I've lost friends who don't understand my need to TALK. My need to rehash, to vent so I don't explode. I TRY to tell the stories funny so as to amuse, but it doesn't always work. Talking and talking and talking about stuff keeps me sane. If I hadn't found message boards while planning my wedding then being pregnant then dealing with the aftermath of the rotten junk that happened at the end of that...I might have gone bananas. Especially during the rotten junk. The people online were really the only ones who would listen, and it was because they CHOSE to come in and read my brain-gunk and help me.

So anyway, yeah, that wasn't working for me at all. But hey, he's a cast member and whatever, and I've got my honey Robert who happily listens and hears and hugs me, so OK. So he gives me the lanyard and whatnot and I ask for tape and he's mystified. So I get halfway into my explanation of what happened at Disneyland and why I need tape, and he cuts me off to tell me that they had that problem too but the metal clips are different now and it's OK. So he's cut me off again, but OK he's answering my questions perfectly nicely so we'll let it slide, and I ask about if it does get lost, what happens then? And he tells me really rudely that I would just come back and get a new one, like it's inconceivable that anyone has been given a hard time about getting one to replace a lost one, when I've read of that happening....

And finally I just tersely say thanks and LEAVE and it just ended the start of our MK day in such a foul way....

I mean, I got over it all, but even in writing it it just astonishes me that someone can cut someone off like that when they are CLEARLY not reacting well to it. YES he was helping me and YES he was answering things perfectly, which is why I didn't go to Guest Relations about him, but still man, there are other ways of doing things. When I was trying to help an irate customer on the phone at amazon I tried to be soft about it, to listen to them and *then* tell them that it was good they had gotten me and let's get to the bottom of it. If a person isn't feeling heard, it's not good to, you know, not listen to them.

So anyway, my mind is a blur over the next little bit, because I was just so bothered.

For the Disneyland'ers who haven't yet been to Orlando, this is a Magic Kingdom stroller parking zone.

Fantasyland...oh I think we went on the Great Bathroom Ride, we hit Peter Pan, we did not do small world (wah), we saw Mickey's Philharmagic. It's funny to hear people describing it to kids as "let's see Mickey's band!" when it's almost all Donald messing things up and very very little Mickey and very little proper band. Know what I mean?

Tops of buildings, I think near the bathrooms around Gaston's Tavern, which we didn't go into.

Someone grabbed FPs for Little Mermaid, and later I ran over to get FPs for Dumbo, which was wayyyyy past Dumbo and wayyyy further than I ever thought I needed to go. It was insane, quite frankly, how far I had to go. IMO. Of course that big 7 Dwarves roller coaster is kind of in the middle of everything and you have to go around it.

Eventually though we hit....

I need to wrap this up right now, but let me just say that....I like the Little Mermaid at DCA. It's cute, it's sweet. And I'm not even a fan of the movie; I think I've seen it once. But it's cute and the line is always fast and it's a simple line and that's fine.

Here, though, the line is ornate. I mean what I showed you is the FP line, not even the full line. We didn't wait long, relatively, but there's a certain amount of promise in the amount of work they did on the ride outside and building.

And that ride being what it is...just doesn't stand up to such expectations. I mean, it looks like something at DisneySea, but without being the amazing rides at DisneySea. It's just...the dark ride telling the mermaid's story. Exactly the same, once you're on the ride.

I liked it distinctly less at MK than I do at DCA, and I'd gotten over myself by then so it wasn't a dark cloud. It was the promise of the building. Weird.

Eamon's up way late (Robert's flying and we tend to change bedtime when he's flying at that sort of time) and he's looking at the pictures and he just said "it looks exactly like Poseidon's Fury...can't they do anything different?"

That's a ride at Islands of Adventure (that will likely be changed to a Harry Potter thing eventually), and he really hates it, but it does, it looks just like that. Poseidon was first, though.

Last edited by bumbershoot; 03-15-2013 at 01:28 AM.
Old 03-15-2013, 02:27 AM   #28
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

After the Mermaid, we could not resist the enticing popcorn cart. mmmmm. E took that moment to say "I want to buy myself a banana!" and so he did. Chocolate covered banana, of course. You can see it in his hand in this picture of the guys.

So each day of this part of our trip was ruled by the iphone. Touringplans "Lines" app (the paid version), that is. It was VERY difficult to deal with. If we got behind it took something like 3 clicks (oh the humanity) on refresh and optimize and refresh in order to get it to do those things. It was hard to use for some reason. But we tried to follow its plans, and its re-made (refreshed reoptimized refreshed) plans when we went off course. And it served us pretty well!

There were teacups ridden. The males in my party did their absolute best to make me incredibly sick. I refused. I refuse to turn green or let them see my discomfort in any real way. I do my best to laugh at them. but this time, wowza. Robert's lost enough tummy that turning the wheel on the teacup was much easier, and they got that thing zipping along like never before. I was surprised we didn't manage to unscrew the teacup and go flying off like a skipping stone! Zoinks.

E and I went on the Speedway while Robert (for the first time!) was the FastPass "runner" (slow walker) for Space Mountain for me&e.

E was tall enough to drive alone on Autopia last Disneyland trip and here he is at Speedway.

However, most of his height is still in his torso, and while he CAN push the pedal...

...he gets really tired pushing the pedal, so I'm still required a little bit longer. Awwwww. Luckily I love that kind of ride; always have, always will. (woo, Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk's cars!)

I read a ranty post recently about someone who just couldn't stay off her phone on the Speedway. I think the person they were talking about was actually "driving", but just in case, this is something one does on their phone on the Speedway.

And it's totally fine.

Off to Dumbo. For the FIRST TIME at Magic Kingdom!

This whole area makes very little sense to me. Maybe when the mine train (7 dwarves coaster I mentioned earlier) is done it'll seem "right", but it really does NOT now. To me.

Went to the FP return line, got all the way through it. The FP line takes up a surprising amount of real estate, and they tease you with a glimpse of the play area (germ-o-rama/cesspool of humanity/place even I would sanitize after being in) that standby-people get to hang out in. Got into the area where you know we're next! The ride starts...the ride mysteriously stops. People are herded out into a waiting area. The CMs look annoyed. Robert thinks that someone tried to stand up. Since they didn't send anyone out of the line, it was probably a child who didn't know better. They had to do their thing, check it all out, etc, then they ran a FULL cycle of it empty, then they let the people back in to have their full turn, and THEN it was our turn.

Glad our Space FP wasn't for immediately after, since we had hit Dumbo towards the end of the return window.

Here's part of Barnstormer taken while I was on Dumbo.

Big top thing.

Random.

E played in their water play area for a little bit, and I spent some time thinking back on when he was the little kid.

And now he's the BIG kid and I'm having to warn him to be careful of the littles and to not run any over... I'm getting all choked up here. Oh no, what am I doing to myself?

Ack, can't do that anymore!

OK so anyway, he got a little bit wet but not much, and he came out when we told him to, and we moved on to Tomorrowland.

He just loves this at MK and DL.

E and I rode Space Mountain; Robert was too injured and hates it at WDW anyway. I really dislike it too. Ugh. Not fun.

We hit the Monster's Inc Laugh Factory (no surprise that no one uses the initials for that ride!) and it was FUNNY. I had no idea what to expect, really, but it was actually really very fun. I would totally do the attraction again. Quite surprised!

I don't remember what I was doing to notice this, but it's what we call a "balloon tragedy".

I don't know how that happened, but someone was out an expensive balloon!

We just happened to hit Magic Kingdom during "limited time magic: true love day" or something like that. They SAID that the princes would be out, but we saw no princes. We saw nothing extra except for some extra pink and purple, and a special photopass site or two.

Just realized I'm missing some pictures on my photopass account. Glad I didn't order the CD yet! Sent in a missing photo request.

Are they drilling for oil? Is that a gigantic mosquito? Eh, it looks like the construction going on outside my condo! For a year.

Well I've done a lot this evening, and I'm growing weary. I'll leave you with this. This show's Eamon's mood as we went to our lunch. NOT excited about princesses at all.

Old 03-15-2013, 09:14 AM   #29
nunzia
You can't top pigs with pigs, but you CAN top Toys with Toys

Hey..I know that boy face at Princess time! and wait..there are FP at MERMAID and DUMBO?! shhesh
Old 03-15-2013, 09:25 AM   #30
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

Great Report...loving all the photos.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: