Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-08-2013, 08:13 PM   #1
connorlevismom

DIS Veteran

Which mod for 2 adults looking to relax?

Which mod is the best for two adults looking to relax? We are staying 2 nights before we move over the AKV for a week. We probably won't use the pool as it is our first two nights and we use that time to unwind and get ready to hit Disney.

Do all of the mods have food courts?
connorlevismom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 08:19 PM   #2
catne
DIS Veteran

yes all the mods have food courts...we've been to/and/or stayed at all of them, and did not care for the sprawling size of Riverside, Caribbean Beach REsort and Coronado Springs...if you have to take a bus to get from your building to the food court...well that's just too big for us, lol.

Our favorite mod is French Quarter...small resort, every building is no more than 5 minutes walk to the services. Beautiful grounds... lovely place to stroll or sit near the river walkway and enjoy the landscape. Since it's a smaller resort, there is only one pool...but it never seems to be jam-packed with people, in our experience there. Maybe in July it is.

There's a food court, gift shop and a small bar in the main building. There's a lovely boat ride up to sister resort Riverside if you want a bigger food court, bigger bar and a table-service restaurant. Or take the boat to Downtown Disney...again, relaxing & scenic ride over there.
January (twice) & February 2014 SSR December 2013 POFQ October 2013 Off-site, September 2013,POFQ March 2013 AoA Feb 2013 POFQ Feb 2013 POFQ Jan 2013 Caribbean Beach Nov 2012 POFQ Sept 2012 BC May 2012 POFQ Mar 2012 POFQ Feb 2012 POFQ JAN 2012 AKL Oct 2011 Wilderness Lodge Sep 2011 POFQ Feb 2011 Pop Century Jan 2011 Pop CenturyNov 2010 CSR Sept 2010 Boardwalk May 2010 POFQ Jan 2010 BCV 2009 Sept & 2009 May POFQ 2009 Jan Contempo 2008 Sept Pop 2008 May POFQ 2007 May Poly 2000 May FW Cabin 1992 May off site 1990 May off site
catne is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-08-2013, 09:01 PM   #3
DizDaD7
DIS Veteran

Coronado SPrings...Its not soo in your face Disney, just enough though...Theming is nice and serene, with a nice walk around the lake some hammocks set up along the way too. Buses never full... Pepper Market which is their food court, I personally think it's 2nd to none...Try the Coronado thread for some more info...

1997- Buenavista Hotel/Spa--HoneyMoon--WDW 25thB-day
2000- Allstar Music---Milennium Year!!
2003- Allstar Movies
2006- Off Site/ House
2007- PoP Century
2008- PoP Century
2010- Coronado Springs--->Oct.29-Nov7.
2011- Port Orleans Riverside-->Nov3-Nov11
2012- Boardwalk Villas--->Aug. 21-Sep.1
2013- AKV JH--->Apr5-Apr13..2014- Grand Cal.Villas--->Feb.15-22
2014- AKV--->Nov.1-9
DizDaD7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 09:11 PM   #4
KatMark
DIS Veteran

My DH and I have had numerous "adult" only trips since our kids stopped traveling with us due to their own lives (sports, jobs, etc.). We have stayed at the Coronado Springs ten times. In truth, we've not stayed at any of the other moderates...although we have visited them all a number of times.

We love everything about the CSR...from the more upscale rooms, to the theme of the resort, the great main pool which never feels crowded, the quiet pools, the largest hot tub of all the moderates, a fitness center/spa and salon and three bars...a pool bar, the Laguna bar along the lake and then the Rix Lounge for a more "upscale" place to have a drink and listen to some music (they also have a DJ on the weekends).

The only other moderate we would consider with or without kids is POR-Riverside.
Old 03-09-2013, 10:07 AM   #5
cjsm&d
DIS Veteran

If you're gonna hang at the resort for both days, then CSR is the choice IMO. They have a beautiful lake lounge along with the pool lounge. A huge hot tub that never seems busy during the day, and hammocks by the lake.

They have a great food court and decent restaurant, as well as the only spa at any of the moderates.

My distant 2nd choice would be POFQ, just because it is small and has a boat to DTD!
cjsm&d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 12:03 PM   #6
chuckinthechat
Mouseketeer

Personally I think POFQ is the way to go. It is nice small and quaint. I know you said you were planning on staying at the resort but they do offer a water taxi to DtD which is really a nice relaxing way to spend an evening
Old 03-09-2013, 01:08 PM   #7
Cindie-rella
...Laughter is timeless. Imagination has no age. And dreams are forever.

We've only stayed at POR for a Mod resort. Loved it! Big? Maybe a bit. Didn't bother us at the time. We weren't in hurry to do things. Didn't have any kids with us either. A very quaint and romantic feel to it. Lots of great landscaped, shaded pathways that were perfect for an evening or morning stroll. Food court is a good one, plus there is a really nice bar with entertainment and a sit down restaurant. And...the boat to DTD is so nice. If not POR than POFQ would get my second vote. That's my two cents.

2000 ASMo 2005 POR 2006 AKL 2007 POR 2008 AKL/OKW 2013 POLY
Cindie-rella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 01:36 PM   #8
mrsswat
Irishtinksmama

Just my two cents...

but have you considered staying at either the Swan or the Dolphin. They have some wonderful discounts for teachers/nurses/gov employees and more. Staying there would give you the opportunity to stroll the boardwalk in the morning and evening, as well as visit Jellyrolls in the evening. You could also resort "sight see" Boardwalk, Yacht and Beach Club. If that is out of the question, my vote is for POR. I think FQ would be too small for 2 days of hanging out at the resort. Whatever you decide, I wish I was in your shoes!!
mrsswat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 02:48 PM   #9
Hopefully
DIS Veteran

I think POFQ is perfect for a couple only 2 night visit. DH and I stayed there for a few days and it is very nice. The themeing is great and it just feels quiet
Good Luck
Old 03-09-2013, 03:13 PM   #10
DisneyDiana
DIS Veteran

I would stay at CSR if I was going without my son. I like the choice of bars and the relaxed atmosphere. My son's favorite mod is POFQ. For some reason, I just don't get the appeal. We stayed there once because my son was dying to try the Sea Serpent slide. I really did not like it. It was too compact and it just seemed to be packed with tons of kids in the pool area. I know I sound like a total grouch, it is Disney after all. However, I have always found CSR to be relaxing. Many people have the complete opposite opinion though.
Old 03-09-2013, 03:18 PM   #11
sunsetbeachgal
DIS Veteran

CSR!! We did an adults getaway last year there and it was perfect.

Family Reunion trip at Disney ASMu Nov. 7-13, 2010. It was perfect

March, 2012 Disney getaway at Coronado Springs for the adults only!

October, 2012 went to Disneyland..and I've never seen such crowds anywhere in my life!

June 15-22, 2013. Family trip to WDW at POFQ First WDW Summer trip and it was fantastic!

March, 2014. Universal Studios and cruise on Freedom of the Seas
sunsetbeachgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 03:37 PM   #12
NJtoATL
Mouseketeer

1st Choice CSR - Love that place. Nice atmosphere. Not fond of the food court but it is okay. Love the pool especially at night when they show a movie.

2nd Choice POR - Very quaint. Love that it is spread out. The buildings are not on top of each other. Feels private. It is a walk to the food court. (We all can use a little exercise. )

NJtoATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 07:56 PM   #13
moonangel
Disney Freak

When DH and I stay moderate, it's always Coronado Springs (unless they are full). LOVE it there, we find it is much more laid back and relaxing. We also love walking around the lake, especially at night-I think it's romantic.

My blog about WDW:
http://thedisneyworldfiles.blogspot.com/
moonangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 08:29 PM   #14
pepe of ohio
DIS Veteran

Location: Hubbard, Ohio, northeast Ohio 7 miles from Pa. border

Quote:
Originally Posted by catne
yes all the mods have food courts...we've been to/and/or stayed at all of them, and did not care for the sprawling size of Riverside, Caribbean Beach REsort and Coronado Springs...if you have to take a bus to get from your building to the food court...well that's just too big for us, lol.

Our favorite mod is French Quarter...small resort, every building is no more than 5 minutes walk to the services. Beautiful grounds... lovely place to stroll or sit near the river walkway and enjoy the landscape. Since it's a smaller resort, there is only one pool...but it never seems to be jam-packed with people, in our experience there. Maybe in July it is.

There's a food court, gift shop and a small bar in the main building. There's a lovely boat ride up to sister resort Riverside if you want a bigger food court, bigger bar and a table-service restaurant. Or take the boat to Downtown Disney...again, relaxing & scenic ride over there.
We're deluxe people but dropped down a couple of trips to moderate.... CSR, never again.... Worse stay other than a hurricane over stay at Pop Century.... Scratch them two...

POFQ, best of the mods, very compact grounds, first pick up over POR, easy to get around from pool , food court, DTD boat and bus depot... Well appointed rooms and great strolling path to POR.... For the money it can't be beat, way less sprawling than POR...

DIS Dads Club Member
pepe of ohio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 08:43 PM   #15
Maleficent Dragon
šoš A wondrous future lies before you! šoš

My vote goes for Port Orleans French Quarter. We have stayed here several times and we really love the place.

We have also stayed at Riverside and Coronado. Riverside was fine minus the fact that we were always second on the bus for drop-off and pick-up. Coronado was just horrible. We didn't care for the food court or the layout of the resort. The bus service was good there, but we were unimpressed with the rest.
Maleficent Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: