Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-12-2013, 11:57 AM   #1
garbinda
Earning My Ears

Babies Travel Light Delivery Service?

While my DH and I hope to have our 3 year old DD potty trained before the cruise, I want to know my options in case she is not. Has anyone used Babies Travel Light service for their cruise? I know their prices are high but I don't want to travel with diapers. Thoughts, feedbacks?? Thanks!
garbinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 12:19 PM   #2
luvslikepi
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by garbinda View Post
While my DH and I hope to have our 3 year old DD potty trained before the cruise, I want to know my options in case she is not. Has anyone used Babies Travel Light service for their cruise? I know their prices are high but I don't want to travel with diapers. Thoughts, feedbacks?? Thanks!
I haven't used the services but have been researching them...did a search for Babies Travel Lite on the forum and found that most found the service useful but pricey for shipping. Many of them recommended using Amazon and having the items shipped to your resort or directly to the port.

Here's the link to one of the threads: http://www.disboards.com/showthread....es+travel+lite
luvslikepi is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-12-2013, 01:54 PM   #3
wajones2
Mouseketeer

Babies Travel Lite

We used Babies Travel Lite for our first Disney cruise last April from Port Canaveral. It was so nice not taking up valuable suitcase space for pullups/wipes. We traveled with a few in our carry-on only. Amazon is defintely cheaper, but I didn't want to take the chance of getting on board and not having those very essential items.
Old 03-12-2013, 02:59 PM   #4
wendyoconnor
DIS Veteran

A third option is to use Walmart's site to store, have your supplies sent to a Walmart store in Orlando or near Port Canaveral and pick them up. When you arrive at the port you can put a DCL tag on the box and have it delivered to your stateroom with the rest of your luggage. This option works if you are planning on renting a car or using a town car service.

Fort Wilderness 6/1992, Disney Magic 9/4/04, Disney Magic 9/18/05, Disney Fantasy 4/21/12, Disney Fantasy 10/19/13 upcoming Disney Wonder cruise 6/8/2015
wendyoconnor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 10:50 AM   #5
garbinda
Earning My Ears

Thanks all for your replies! Because we will be limited on time from getting from Fort Lauderdale to Miami via shuttle, I think I am going to order from BTL. I appreciate all the ideas and suggestions. Thank you!

October 2014 - WDW Surprising my 4yoDD with her first WDW trip

Old 04-04-2013, 11:42 AM   #6
Homemom
DIS Veteran

We used BTL and I would recommend them. I would suggest pricing it out individually, we found it cheaper than the Disney bundles.

WDW: Sept 04, Dec 05, Jan 09, Nov 11, Sept 12, Feb 14
DL: Feb 05, April 06, Feb 07, Oct 07, Sept 10, Jan 12, Jan 13
DCL: Jan 10, Oct 13
Homemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 04:16 PM   #7
traylork
Earning My Ears

I placed my order this weekend. I am super cheap and only shop store sales with coupon. BTL prices are good; it's the shipping fee that gets you. For me it was the same cost as checking that extra suitcase round trip, minus the hassle. Plus, I ordered extra stuff I wouldn't have bothered packing, like snacks for excursions.
traylork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 08:52 PM   #8
garbinda
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by traylork View Post
I placed my order this weekend. I am super cheap and only shop store sales with coupon. BTL prices are good; it's the shipping fee that gets you.
I'm a huge couponer as well & the price is already killing me! How much is the shipping fee??

October 2014 - WDW Surprising my 4yoDD with her first WDW trip

Old 04-04-2013, 09:18 PM   #9
AZMermaid
DIS Veteran

I did a fake cart just to see (and had to enter all the info like date of sail, although I just made up a reservation number since I didn't have it on me). Just for the 6 day bundle it was $25. (I felt like the 6 day was plenty for what I would need for 7 days... I wouldn't actually get the bundle, but was just trying to be quick). So the bundle was $68 and the shipping was $25. Yikes!!

If I use them, I am planning on just getting a box of diapers and maybe some snack type stuff. But, we get in the day before so I am strongly considering diapers.com or Amazon to the hotel instead- scheduled to get there the day before we arrive, so even if it is late, it should be on time for us!

AZMermaid is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 11:20 AM   #10
traylork
Earning My Ears

I did not get a bundle - it had too much stuff I will not need and did not include other things I do need. I went a la carte. The prices were competitive (!but you can't coupon -drat!). On the upside, they have a jumbo pack of swim diapers in all sizes - something I can never find in store and is cheaper than two small packs even with coupons.
traylork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 07:53 PM   #11
PWammy
Mouseketeer

Seems pricey to me; I'd pack my own stuff b/c that's just extra room you'll have in your bags when you head home.
PWammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 08:33 PM   #12
KLK622
Mouseketeer

We are traveling on the 4/27 Fantasy sailing and I was going to use BTL, but I found the prices and shipping to be pretty high. I decided to ship a box to the ship. I was able to fit the mix of diapers we need (regular, overnight and swim), wipes and our sons infant life jacket (needed for a private excursion we are doing). It will probably we about $20 to ship the box, but it is nice to know I have exactly what I need.

P.S. We are sailing concierge and I e-mailed them about shipping a package and they did not mention anything about the 12" size restriction posted in the FAQ of this page...my box isn't much larger than that, but just wanted to point that out.
KLK622 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 01:02 AM   #13
LimoFam5
DIS Veteran

Location: Los Alamitos (Rossmoor), but most of the time we are at Disneyland.

Prob will have baby supplies shipped to my resort prior to the cruise
LimoFam5 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: