Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Teen Disney
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-12-2013, 09:25 AM   #1
natenapril
DIS Veteran

A mom with a question

Hey guys! I want to surprise my dd with a trip to universal for her 16th birthday in July. Since its a surprise I obviously can't get her opinion o I though I would ask the teens here how they would feel about something like that. Would that be fun or would a party with friends be better? She's a Harry potter fanatic and always talks about going back but I don't want her to miss out on having a sweet 16 party.
Opinions?

natenapril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 10:17 AM   #2
Fairywings
"Besides, the world isn't split into good people and Death Eaters. We all have both light and dark inside of us. What matters is the part you choose to act on. That's who you really are." - Sirius Black

Location: I transition between Avengers Tower, the X-Mansion, Hogwarts and Camp Half-Blood

Quote:
Originally Posted by natenapril View Post
Hey guys! I want to surprise my dd with a trip to universal for her 16th birthday in July. Since its a surprise I obviously can't get her opinion o I though I would ask the teens here how they would feel about something like that. Would that be fun or would a party with friends be better? She's a Harry potter fanatic and always talks about going back but I don't want her to miss out on having a sweet 16 party.
Opinions?
I didn't have a sweet sixteen and I was perfectly fine. I don't have a large circle of friends, so there was really no point.

Ended up going on the Christmas trip to Disney and Universal about a week and a half later (My 16th was last december) and had the time of my life. Did WWoHP on first day and as a big HP fan, it was amazing. It felt like I was actually in Hogsmeade. And I got picked for Ollivander's!!!!

Also had cool stuff happen to me in Disney.

I'd rather go on that trip any day than have a sweet sixteen or a birthday party any day.
All that is gold does not glitter/Not all those who wander are lost/The old that is strong does not wither/Deep roots are not reached by the frost/From the ashes a fire shall be woken/A light from the shadows shall spring/Renewed shall be blade that was broken/The crownless again shall be king - LOTR

I am Wings, AKA Perry, Ravenclaw Chaser, Avenger, X-Man, agent of SHIELD, member of the Fellowship of the Ring, fairy, mermaid, pirate, princess, warrior, demigod, Divergent, and the cool smart aunt of the Post Wastin' family

Fairywings is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-12-2013, 10:39 AM   #3
natenapril
DIS Veteran

Thanks Fairywings for the feedback!

natenapril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 07:59 PM   #4
MickeyisBeast
Some people just don't understand what Mr. Tom Morrow meant to me
I think you need some ICE for that burn!
This is sooo Tinsel

I went to Disney with my mom for my 16th birthday and it was one of my favorite trips! I didnt care about having a big party, a trip to disney was so much better.

1999-Day Trip // 2000-Day Trip // 2002-Day Trip // 2006-Offsite // 2008-Contemporary // 2009-All Star // 2009-Polynesian // 2009-POR
// 2010-Coronado // 2010-Pop Century // 2010-Grand Floridian // 2011-CBR+Polynesian // 2012-Pop Century // 2012-Contemporary

MickeyisBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 09:11 PM   #5
Orreed
Olivia

Universal is awesome, especially for a Harry Potter fan. I had a blast and chose a trip for my birthday. I was fine giving up a party, as the opportunity for a party is a lot more common and less fun.
Orreed is online now   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: