Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Sea World / Discovery Cove
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-12-2013, 09:14 AM   #1
tzolkin
DIS Veteran

Flip flops + rollercoasters ?

We are headed to DC, SW, BG and I'm just wondering if we need to wear sneakers for the days we'll be in the parks with rides. Teen DD and I normally live in our Teva Mush flip flops at Disney. Can you take them off for thrill rides?

This will also determine what outfits to pack since I usually wear summery dresses that will look ridiculous with sneakers.

Ugh. Disney is so much easier. No worrying about shoes or taking bags on the rides.
tzolkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 09:23 AM   #2
krayzmelmel
Mouseketeer

I believe you can only take them off if your feet are fully dangling... ( manta at SW, Montu at BG, etc). They have little cubbies for your shoes at the exit of the rides... They'll make you out your shoes back on if you try to take them off at non foot dangle rides (kumba, etc).

My legs are short, so I can't touch the floor so all thrill rides are the foot dangling kind for me! So I just have to grip them with my toes!

Next Trip: Hopefully Tomorrow!
All my Disney experiences ~ PRICELESS :-D

krayzmelmel is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-12-2013, 09:24 AM   #3
Lynne G
DIS Veteran

we go to those parks when it is hot, and I hate hot feet, so I wear flip flops most of the time. Never had to take them off on the rides. I just cross my legs at the ankles and have never lost a flip flop. What I see most people loose is sunglasses. I take mine off to ride. That's what buttoned pockets are for. Also, I use the most unfashionable fanny pack. It's small, but holds my small camera, phone, and money/tickets. Never had to take it off to ride either. I hate lockers. Though we've been known to use the limited time free lockers just for our mugs.
Lynne G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 12:07 PM   #4
tzolkin
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the info.

I just wasn't sure if I would not be allowed to ride at all.

And I didn't know about the cubbies. They have them at the Six Flags near us so you can just leave all of your loose items/bags, but I have only read that there are $0.50 lockers by the rides at SW/BG so I figured they didn't have them.
tzolkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 03:41 PM   #5
anorman
DIS Veteran

I've seen a lot of people take them off and just sit on them.
Old 03-12-2013, 05:09 PM   #6
atomicgirl
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by anorman View Post
I've seen a lot of people take them off and just sit on them.
I've seen this too.

"Faint heart never won fair lady."
atomicgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 12:34 PM   #7
2girlsmom
DIS Veteran

I wear my flip flops and take them off on Manta and Sheikra at BG (just put in the cubby), and for Manta at SW, same thing. I love the feel of the ride with my bare feet, actually, so prefer to wear flips that I can slip off for these rides. The only park I have been to that did not have the spots for the shoes was Universal with Dragon Challenge, and they told us to sit on our shoes.

& Lucky
2girlsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 06:01 AM   #8
Taylor'sMom
Wish I was there...

I prefer to wear flip flops too, and for Manta, etc. I just put my arm through one of the loops and wear them as a bracelet if that makes sense. If a ride returns to the same location it departs from, sometimes I just leave them there off to the side when its allowed.
Old 03-30-2013, 06:07 AM   #9
lakohls
How Long Until Our Next Disney Trip?

Take them off!

Yesterday on both Kraken & Manta we took off our flipflops & placed in the storage bins off to side of loading area. Glad I had because they surely would have fallen off otherwise.

In fact, at the end of our Kraken experience we were delayed from unloading & had to be taken off the ride just prior to the load/unload area due to "technical difficulties". When I inquired was told errant shoe!
2003 - WDW off property, 2005 - WDW Sheraton Vistana, 2007 - Christmas at Yacht Club, 2010 - Easter DVC Animal Kingdom Kidani, 2011 - November DVC Animal Kingdom Kidani, 2013 - Easter DVC Animal Kingdom Kidani plus 2 days at Sea World, 2015 - February DVC Animal Kingdom Jambo plus 3 days at Universal
lakohls is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: