Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-06-2013, 01:05 AM   #1
coluk003
Mouseketeer

Room only reservation

I have a few room only reservations. So im trying to pay a little bit on each one but i cant find where to do that, I know I paid the one nightly room rate plus the tax but i want to pay more, as a matter of fact i want to pay it all of now.

Am i just missing where this section is?
coluk003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 01:07 AM   #2
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Unless something has changed very recently, you can only make payments for room only reservations by calling. You're only able to make payments for packages online.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-06-2013, 01:13 AM   #3
coluk003
Mouseketeer

pffffft thats what i thought. i forgot to call today but was hoping it was different in WDW then DL but i guess not.

Thanks
Old 03-06-2013, 11:05 AM   #4
Sue M
DIS Veteran

I phone to pay off my room only too. I like to be PIF before we arrive. I hope this changes when they finally get the new web site working and room only will be given that option too for online payments.

For this trip I booked with a TA, so I just e mail her when I want to make a payment, even easier then going online
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR, Aug 2014 Universal Portofino Bay, & WDW GF,

Next trip January 2015 POR Riverside
Sue M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 12:04 AM   #5
coluk003
Mouseketeer

yep but the same thing can be done on your own and theres no worry about commission . Plus you can call anytime when you book it, not true when you book through a TA
Old 03-11-2013, 12:31 AM   #6
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by coluk003 View Post
yep but the same thing can be done on your own and theres no worry about commission . Plus you can call anytime when you book it, not true when you book through a TA
I usually do book on my own, but on this trip I went with a TA. Im not paying any commission. I believe they get that from WDW.

And I'm finding making my payment easier cause I just shoot her an e mail and its done. She is incredibly prompt. No waiting on hold and long distance calls on my end.

Im not sure what you mean by not being able to call anytime with a TA I email her anytime. For me that's easier then phoning. I only phone her if i have something that needs discussion. And I have her cell # so can get in touch with her any time. It's nice to know i can get in touch with her if it's urgent, and need immediate help.

She is a WDW specialized TA and so far is providing me with great service. I can't believe how prompt she is with everything. Any questions get answered practically immediately. I'm very impressed.
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR, Aug 2014 Universal Portofino Bay, & WDW GF,

Next trip January 2015 POR Riverside
Sue M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 02:13 AM   #7
coluk003
Mouseketeer

What i ment is trying to call disney, just even to ask"is this 2 queen bed?" Disney cant speak to you about the reservation or even acknowledge its booked. Correct about the commission , the TA gets it the person doing all the real work for them(trust me i know lol) is getting nada, so as a res agent thats why i would call disney directly, and id be willing to bet no one pays for long distance calls anymore with cell phone service. Again just mu opinion on travel agents. I dont like that they do nothing for on their own for their guests( not all of course) but get all the profits from it. Id rater make sure the person doing the work is the one getting "credit" for it is all
Old 03-11-2013, 05:19 AM   #8
Missyrose
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by coluk003
What i ment is trying to call disney, just even to ask"is this 2 queen bed?" Disney cant speak to you about the reservation or even acknowledge its booked. Correct about the commission , the TA gets it the person doing all the real work for them(trust me i know lol) is getting nada, so as a res agent thats why i would call disney directly, and id be willing to bet no one pays for long distance calls anymore with cell phone service. Again just mu opinion on travel agents. I dont like that they do nothing for on their own for their guests( not all of course) but get all the profits from it. Id rater make sure the person doing the work is the one getting "credit" for it is all
I don't quite understand what you're trying insinuate here. That travel agents have minions who do all the work and the travel agent takes the commission? That is not how most Disney specialized travel agents work. My travel agent has always gone above and beyond when she books my trips and she has no problem answering even the most ridiculous questions I throw at her.

Maybe you had a bad experience with a TA, but you really shouldn't generalize that ALL TAs are worthless because of your bad experience.
'86, '90, '94, '98, '09, '10 -- Off site, 10/11 -- CR, 3/12 -- Windsor Hills, 10/12 -- BCV/AKV-Jambo, 01/13 -- BWV, 5/13 -- BLT, 10/13 -- YC CL, 5/14 -- BWV, 08/14 -- VGF/BLT, 12/14 -- BWV, 4/15 -- BLT, 10/15 -- BWV

Missyrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 02:27 AM   #9
coluk003
Mouseketeer

I work with them everyday , very few do the work that people think they have done. Not all like i believe i said earlier. If your travel agent sits there with you and logs on the website to do all the work then great, but she is 1 in about a 1000 and its probably more then a 1000 that do. Just saying the "work" they do is calling into disney to have them do it for the TA, when they could be doing the work on their own. THUS why i like to call Disney direct, this way i have control over my reservation and can talk to the during their business hours about it.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: