Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-11-2013, 09:11 PM   #1
prune1977
Mouseketeer

Bc vs poly vs yc

Which one to do, we're going back to Disney in sept, kids are 8, 6, & 3. We've decided against gf and have it narrowed down to these 3. Bc we can do for about $400 less for the week than poly, we will be doing the waterparks & more for the first time this trip, thanks for any help.

: Christmas surprise AKL: Jan 2012

dream stay? plus Mom & dad went with us Poly: Jan 2013

Surprise trip for the kids, 1st time waterparks Beach Club Sept 13,
prune1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 09:31 PM   #2
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by prune1977 View Post
Which one to do, we're going back to Disney in sept, kids are 8, 6, & 3. We've decided against gf and have it narrowed down to these 3. Bc we can do for about $400 less for the week than poly, we will be doing the waterparks & more for the first time this trip, thanks for any help.
We haven't stayed at the YC, but have stayed at both the BC and Poly and the Poly would my choice without hesitation. The BC/YC is great as they are close to Epcot/DHS and you can't beat being within walking distance to both parks (although the Poly is also convenient to Epcot as it's just a 5-7 minute walk to the TTC to catch the Epcot monorail). With that said, the Poly is our favorite for several reasons. We love the tropical atmosphere, the rooms are quite a bit larger with all rooms having a daybed, the beach is great for watching the fireworks, Captain Cooks is great for quick CS meals/snacks, and the volcano pool is great as it backs up to the beach with a view of the castle in the distance. We did enjoy our BC stay, but we think the atmosphere, pool, and dining options are better at the Poly. Good luck.

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-11-2013, 09:35 PM   #3
Dis703
DIS Veteran

Well BC vs. YC the only real differences are the decor and at YC you will definitely have a full balcony while at BC you can request it, but it isn't a guarantee. BC is a tad closer to Epcot, but you are only talking a few minutes nothing major.

Poly honestly doesn't interest me as far as the theme. If it was cheaper than BC I might try it to be close to MK, but we booked BC this trip for the location. You get to walk to Epcot and HS (or take a boat) and we'll probably hop the monorail over to or back from MK to avoid the bus now and then as well. You also get the Boardwalk entertainment and a ton of dining options in the area which appealed to me. BC/YC's pool is said to be the best on property as well.

Really it mostly depends on where you want to be and which resorts theme appeals to you most.

Dis703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 09:44 PM   #4
AliceIn
DIS Veteran

If you are a hot tub lover, the Poly doesn't have one yet. I'm waiting to hear when they have one installed, then Poly will be the next resort on my to do list.

This year we are doing the BC. My kids love Epcot and DHS, so the proximity to those two make it very attractive for us. Stormalong bay is an amazing pool, too!

AliceIn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 09:51 PM   #5
mmmears
DIS Veteran

YC/BC have SAB -- which is a great pool -- but if you are going to the waterparks that might not matter as much. It's also a nice location if you like to visit Ep/DHS, not as good for the MK. We like to have dinner at Epcot, so this is a great location for us. YC pretty much guarantees a balcony.

Poly -- looks like you've stayed there so you know what it's like. Great location to visit the MK -- another fun pool (not as elaborate as YC/BC, but very fun). Nice to watch the fireworks from the beach or balcony... and pretty good access to Epcot, too. The rooms at the Poly feel larger than the ones at the YC/BC.

They are all great choices -- I don't think you can go wrong with any of them. I put YC/BC together because to me they are 2 parts of the same resort complex. I've stayed at both and liked both -- most people with kids seem to prefer the BC.

* Disneyland * Walt Disney World * Disneyland Paris ** Disney Wonder Bahamas * Disney Wonder Alaska *
*Grand Floridian Resort* Animal Kingdom Lodge * Polynesian Resort * Yacht Club * Beach Club * Disneyland Hotel * Grand Californian Resort *
mmmears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 09:55 PM   #6
momto3gr8boys
DIS Veteran

I couldn't decide so I'm doing a split stay at the BC and Poly this summer! I think you'll be happy either way.

momto3gr8boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 10:50 PM   #7
clapton
Mouseketeer

Never stayed at YC, but have stayed at Poly & BC. Would pick BC. Not really a Poly fan. Love the atmosphere and pools at BC and walking to Epcot. Enjoy!
clapton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 10:54 PM   #8
Sammie
DIS Veteran

Hard choice, all are great resorts and I have stayed at all 3 several times.

I would think at the ages of your children, you will spend most of your time at the Magic Kingdom. Also with 3 children in the room, Polynesian rooms are larger.

So Polynesian gets my vote.
Sammie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 11:09 PM   #9
Sue M
DIS Veteran

No bad choices here! We've stayed at Poly & Bc, & going to GF & YC in August.
With the ages of your kids, I'd prob go with Poly. Monorail or boat to & from MK, and a quick walk to TTC for Epcot. Plus Poly has a Zero entry pool, and you can watch Wishes & Electric Water Parade from the beach. Rooms are larger, and there's just something magical about seeing the Castle from your resort.

We had a GV room in Tokelau in the beach end of the building. Great location, and all the rooms have balconies in Tokelau, Tahiti, and the other newer longhouses. The other ones don't have balconies on 2nd floor rooms. Having a balcony will give you some extra living space, ESP if the kids are going to bed earlier then you.
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR, Aug 2014 Universal Portofino Bay, & WDW GF,

Next trip January 2015 POR Riverside
Sue M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 08:16 AM   #10
Marionnette
Wishing On A Star
I stop in the middle and make others step over me while pretending not to understand English

I've stayed at all 3. I like the Poly's atmosphere the best but I find the room decor and the main pool fall short in comparison to the YC&BC. I also prefer the convenience to Epcot and HS.

However, with 3 children under 10, I would want the larger room and the convenient access to the MK. Poly gets my vote for your family as long as the $400 price difference is not going to have a huge impact on your vacation budget.

Marionnette is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: