Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-11-2013, 10:11 PM   #1
Wilhelmis4
Earning My Ears

Castaway Cay Cabanas, have you rented one?

We are thinking of renting a cabana on Castaway Cay but for the life of me I can not find any information on them other than they are $499. How many people are they for? we have a party of 9 going in June, 2014 and I am look for all the information I can find on them. HELP!
Land: December 1995, March 1999,March 2001, June 2003, March 2008
World: June 2005, December 2009, Aug 2010, Aug 2012, June 2014
Very First trip to Disneyland, June 1977

[/url]
Wilhelmis4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 04:29 PM   #2
Lawdawg
Earning My Ears

I am not sure how Disney governs the number of people in a cabana, but I am sure they have some method. We rented one last September and it was awesome. I don't think I can go back to CC and not have one. We only had 3 in our party, but I think it it could hold 6 comfortably and probably 8, but that would be crowded. My guess is however, that they would limit it to the number of people in the stateroom, as the cabanas are reserved according to the family name on the stateroom.
Lawdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-12-2013, 11:31 PM   #3
Slappy32
Mouseketeer

I rented a cabana on our last cruise. The limit is ten people, with persons 7-10 costing an extra $50 apiece. You may share your cabana with other staterooms. We invited a family we met onboard the day before we arrived at CC with no problem and their name was added to the sign outside of our cabana. They control access to the cabanas with a gate and sharp eyed staff that look for the wristbands given to cabana guests the day before arrival at CC.
Old 03-13-2013, 04:16 AM   #4
disneyholic family
Wayne always catches me
i cannot wear anything between my toes

you should post this question on the main cruise line forum - not on the trip report board (where this thread currently is posted)

There is a very long thread on cabanas on the main cruise line forum.
Here's the link. You should skip to page 90 or so (the first 90 pages are very old).
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...ghlight=cabana
Old 03-19-2013, 05:22 PM   #5
Ensusieasm
Earning My Ears

Cabanas

Cabanas on the family beach are $499 for 6 people and $50 each for persons 7,8,9, and 10. Ten is the limit in the family beach cabanas. They give each person in your party a wrist band and do check for them. The wrist bands and a cute pop up paper model of your cabana will be placed in your stateroom the night before. Tubes, floating mats, bike rentals and srorkle gear are included in the price. One VERY nice thing about the family beach cabanas is that the beach in front of them is private in that only cabana users can use this part of the beach and even the ocean in front of it as it is also roped off. The rest of the family beach is very very overcrowded both on the sand and in the water. The chaise lounges are jammed right up against each other with no space to walk between them, and there are several rows of them. Families with very young children would have the benefit of having a shaded spot for napping infants and toddlers inside the cabanas. The cabanas on the adult beach do not have a private beach and have bushes in front of them. They include all of the things mentioned above except the snorkle gear. Since there would be no need for napping space for babies, the beach is not private, nor is the entire adult beach at Serenity Bay ever even close to being crowded, I think there is really no need to rent a cabana here. There are plenty of chaise lounges and hammocks and lots of space to spread out. You will have about six hours to spend on Castaway Cay, and if you are going to swim, walk the beach, snorkle, and ride bikes, you won't be in the cabana much. To sum up...there are many reasons to rent a cabana on the family beach, but very little reason to rent a cabana at the adult beach on Serenity Bay. Also, don't give up if there are no cabanas available online. Keep checking every day online because people do cancel them. And don't get all excited about free sodas, chips, and fruit in the cabana. The soda station is open nonstop over by the picnic area... And they have plenty of chips and fruit at the picnic.
Ensusieasm is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: