Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Coping and Compassion
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-11-2013, 09:33 PM   #1
mommy2_3
DIS Veteran

being tested for cancer. these past 3 years have sucked!

2011, 2012 and now 2013 have all just been the worse years in my life. Nov. 9th 2011, my birthday, i find out im pregnant! im crying and have the biggest smile ever! then 4 days later i start bleeding. i go to the ER and find out im loosing the baby. im crushed. March 2012 i find out im pregnant again! we pray that this baby stays! im so nervous the first trimester. then i go in for my ultrasound and see my beautiful little baby, moving and giving the tech a hard time. i cried when she said it was a girl! but the happiness wouldnt last. 8 days later i go into premature labor. she isnt liking it. her heart rate drops into the 50s. even with oxygen. so off i go into an emergency c section. my daughter was born at 24 weeks 5 days. she weighed 1lb 11 oz. so tiny. she was breathing on her own the first 2 days! we had hope!! then everything turned upside down and inside out. 4 days after i gave birth, she had passed away. now, 7 months later i get what i thought was a + pregnancy test. im thrilled! i went to my dr. today. im not pregnant. i have a cyst. and now they are testing to make sure its not cancer. im scared to death! i have 4 children here at home. im asking for prayers that is comes back to not be cancer. i cant handle anymore.

me hubby DS6 DD5 DD3 DS2 mommy's angels

All star sports-5/24/13
mommy2_3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 10:34 PM   #2
kgsmith
DIS Veteran

Sending hugs, positive thoughts, and prayers your way!

I hope you don't have to wait very long to get your test results.

kgsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-11-2013, 10:48 PM   #3
mommasita
I am like HELLO IT IS TEN OCLOCK...Anderson is on

Has a sweetie who is Furbilicious

DISboards Moderator

That certainly is a lot to handle. I am sorry for everything you have gone through, and are going through right now.

Thoughts and prayers are with you..
Old 03-11-2013, 11:18 PM   #4
mommy2_3
DIS Veteran

thanks! we are still going to Disney. i need this trip! i need to relax and get my mind off things.

All star sports-5/24/13
Old 03-11-2013, 11:32 PM   #5
luvmarypoppins
I am debating whether to put a new one back on his
O.K. who is the sista here right now?
((Hug))

You sure have been through too much right now.

Sending prayers that the test results will be good and you dont have to wait too long for them.

Its wonderful that you have a Disney trip to look forward to.

Hang in there and take it one day at a time.
luvmarypoppins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 12:52 PM   #6
branv
The safety feature in my parents van was floor to ceiling shag carpet
If your clothes are cute enough, you can be forgiven for sensible shoes

I'm so very sorry for all you've gone through and are going through. Sending you all my best hopes that this will turn out to be nothing. But even if it turns out well, I know you are still dealing with a lot of grief and stress after all you've been through. I hope you find some peace, and that life brings you many wonderful things very soon.
branv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 03:19 PM   #7
rewardsinlife
Mouseketeer

Hi,
First, I am so sorry for your little girl passing. Know that she is always looking down on your family

Second, I am right in the middle of going through the same thing as you are with a cyst and them checking for cancer. ( I wrote a thread on here " lost and confused..." and it is a couple threads down from this one right now. Now, are they checking for the cancer through the CA-125 blood test? If so, let me tell you now, that even if your number is elevated, like mine was ( ie. not supposed to be over 34, yet mine was 197) it does not mean for certain that it is cancer! Found this out..after i freaked out! Apparently, a severe cyst can cause inflammation and can mess up this test and make it look this way. The only way for them to tell if it is cancer or not is for you to have surgery and for them to take a biopsy of it. I go for my Pre-op here in about a week. I would live to chat with you more on this through PM if you like. It would be kind of nice to have a buddy ( especially a Disney buddy! ) going through the same things and giving each other support and tips. Please PM if you would like to do this! Hopefully hear from you soon...and hang in there.

me on the way to DL...every time!
rewardsinlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 04:17 PM   #8
keypooh90
Lovatic

I am so sorry! You have had such a rough few years! Sending T&P your way!
Old 03-12-2013, 05:42 PM   #9
mommy2_3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rewardsinlife View Post
Hi,
First, I am so sorry for your little girl passing. Know that she is always looking down on your family

Second, I am right in the middle of going through the same thing as you are with a cyst and them checking for cancer. ( I wrote a thread on here " lost and confused..." and it is a couple threads down from this one right now. Now, are they checking for the cancer through the CA-125 blood test? If so, let me tell you now, that even if your number is elevated, like mine was ( ie. not supposed to be over 34, yet mine was 197) it does not mean for certain that it is cancer! Found this out..after i freaked out! Apparently, a severe cyst can cause inflammation and can mess up this test and make it look this way. The only way for them to tell if it is cancer or not is for you to have surgery and for them to take a biopsy of it. I go for my Pre-op here in about a week. I would live to chat with you more on this through PM if you like. It would be kind of nice to have a buddy ( especially a Disney buddy! ) going through the same things and giving each other support and tips. Please PM if you would like to do this! Hopefully hear from you soon...and hang in there.
yes they are doing the ca 125 test. then we will go from there.

All star sports-5/24/13
Old 03-12-2013, 06:00 PM   #10
jedspad
Mouseketeer

Praying for you, I know how hard it is to wait for test results. I was diagnosed with cancer last April after removal of what they thought was a cyst. I will be praying for you, you have been thru so much, stay positive and enjoy your trip to Disney. We are going in June with our grandchildren and it is going to be great, I just know it.
OCT08 BWV, JAN 09 BWV & VERO, JUN1O BWV,
OCT 11 BWV APRIL 2012 HH DEC 2012 BWV
jedspad is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: