Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-26-2013, 07:52 PM   #16
Pooh67_68
My head looked like a brillo pad
DH gave me roses ... just because :)
Someone please take pity on me, and send me a small piece of pecan pie

Looks like Michelle and Jim Bob are thinking about adoption.
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-207_162-...ring-adoption/
Old 03-26-2013, 07:56 PM   #17
happygirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebtbmom View Post
I wonder if their religion condemns birth control how will they accomplish stopping at 4 or 5?

)
It can be done
happygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-26-2013, 07:58 PM   #18
Art 1
DIS Veteran

I had never heard of these people until the dis, then I read page after page of not very pleasant posts about them. I saw them on Dr. Oz the other night and recognized the name from here. Seemed like some nice, clean good people to me. The lady, who isn't very liked on the dis, was just as nice as she could be.

Last edited by Art 1; 03-26-2013 at 08:57 PM.
Art 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 08:10 PM   #19
anniemck
DIS Veteran

They follow the "A Quiver Full" ideal... to each their own, the Dugger family is doing great with their kids.
I had my first the month after I turned 21, second was born 25 months later and last was born 15 months after that... they were all girls and we never really had that sibling rivalry thing going on. Now one is married herself and just waiting to find out that she is expecting, they don't plan on waiting long before trying. I think they are just waiting to find out when he is heading out to basic training.

Official Disney Freak...
Presidents Day Weekend Twirlmania 2000-2012
Halloween 2011
Mothers Day, August, September, Osborne Family Lights 2012
DCL Wonder March 2013
15 cruises on other lines since 2007
6 trips to Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge since 2009
Love vacations...
anniemck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 08:41 PM   #20
ebtbmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by happygirl View Post
It can be done
Seriously, how? I'm honestly curious, plus I'm a school nurse and this could be some professional development for me.
11/2004 1st trip, ASM,11/2006 2nd trip, POP,6/2008 day trip DLR,11/2008 3rd trip, POP,1/2010 DLR at DLH!,1/2011 1st solo POFQ, 11/2011 POR, 3/2012 B-day trip! 10/2012 POP, 6/2013 day trip DLP 11/2013 POP 2/2014 CSR 2nd solo! 10/2014 CBR
ebtbmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 08:53 PM   #21
Sabeking
DIS Veteran

Congratulations to them!
Old 03-26-2013, 09:14 PM   #22
happygirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebtbmom View Post
Seriously, how? I'm honestly curious, plus I'm a school nurse and this could be some professional development for me.
http://www.modernmom.com/article/how...-birth-control
happygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 09:49 PM   #23
Robbi
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art 1 View Post
I had never heard of these people until the dis, then I read page after page of not very pleasant posts about them. I saw them on Dr. Oz the other night and recognized the name from here. Seemed like some nice, clean good people to me. The lady, who isn't very liked on the dis, was just as nice as she could be.
I agree. It baffles me the way some can get panties in a twist over other family's choices. If a couple wants no children, a few, several, or 6 dozen, it's not my business. The family seems happy.
Robbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 11:03 PM   #24
leebee
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbi View Post
I agree. It baffles me the way some can get panties in a twist over other family's choices. If a couple wants no children, a few, several, or 6 dozen, it's not my business. The family seems happy.
Zero Population Growth may be why some consider the Duggar family to be out of control. In a nutshell, ZPG is the concept that Earth's natural resources are limited; our planet cannot support an ever-increasing number of inhabitants. Therefore, ideally we should limit family size to two children, to be the parent "replacements." It's not a question of whether any one couple has the financial and emotional resources to support/raise a large number of children; it's about thinking globally and being socially responsible enough to help guarantee that this planet will continue to be able to support it's inhabitants.

(Not saying whether I agree with this, just thinking about why some people question having 19kids in one family.)
Old 03-26-2013, 11:12 PM   #25
Robbi
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by leebee View Post
Zero Population Growth may be why some consider the Duggar family to be out of control. In a nutshell, ZPG is the concept that Earth's natural resources are limited; our planet cannot support an ever-increasing number of inhabitants. Therefore, ideally we should limit family size to two children, to be the parent "replacements." It's not a question of whether any one couple has the financial and emotional resources to support/raise a large number of children; it's about thinking globally and being socially responsible enough to help guarantee that this planet will continue to be able to support it's inhabitants.

(Not saying whether I agree with this, just thinking about why some people question having 19kids in one family.)
Some couples/singles have zero children.
Robbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 11:14 PM   #26
StitchesGr8Fan
DIS Veteran

They can financially and emotionally support their kids. So I say good for them.

I do find it amazing that with 19 kids, so few of them have medical problems. One of the older daughters has something with her legs that gives her pain, Josie was very premature and had health problems for a while (don't know if she still does or if she outgrew them) and Michelle had the 2 miscarriages. If there is anything else then they are doing a good job of keeping it private. But when you hear that 1 in 4 kids is being diagnosed with autism, her success rate is astounding.
Old 03-26-2013, 11:14 PM   #27
firecracker725
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandramaac View Post
NOT Michelle, but son Josh who with his wife is expecting #3. They are soooo young, at this rate with another 25 to 28 years of fertility, she just may beat Michelle with the baby count.

I had three in 4.5 years, but #2 beat the 99.9% effectiveness (lol, it was fine, we laughed, and he was meant to be here). #1 and #3 we decided on, and we would have liked one more, but it wasn't meant to be as I was diagnosed with something called premature ovarian failure 3 years after my youngest being born. But we knew we wanted them closer is age, so we were doing the baby, toddler thing at once. And it worked for us and was great. And I was 27 when my oldest was born and 31 when my youngest arrived.

With that said though, so young to have so many kids, every 18 months!! I am not judging, just commenting because I assume they will continue having children-------and surprised Michelle isn't having another. I assume perhaps her days many be done??

Any thoughts??????
Sure you are.

-------------
firecracker725 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 06:10 AM   #28
BellePrincessBelle
Nothing says Thanksgiving like some road kill

Their kids are running closer to 2 years apart not 18 months & that is a very average age span. 3 kids at that age is really not that big of a deal. Would people be up in arms if Josh were one of 3 instead of 19?
Eta: the 1st 2 are 20 months apart & the 3rd is due right around #2's 2nd birthday. Still not that close imo.

Last edited by BellePrincessBelle; 03-27-2013 at 06:16 AM.
BellePrincessBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 08:35 AM   #29
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by leebee View Post

Actually, our Social Security and Medicare systems could use a few new people paying in. Maybe the Duggars will help make them solvent again.

And besides. I'm sure there are al least 19 Chinese families only having one child.
mom2rtk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 09:15 AM   #30
ccgirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandramaac View Post
NOT Michelle, but son Josh who with his wife is expecting #3. They are soooo young, at this rate with another 25 to 28 years of fertility, she just may beat Michelle with the baby count.

I had three in 4.5 years, but #2 beat the 99.9% effectiveness (lol, it was fine, we laughed, and he was meant to be here). #1 and #3 we decided on, and we would have liked one more, but it wasn't meant to be as I was diagnosed with something called premature ovarian failure 3 years after my youngest being born. But we knew we wanted them closer is age, so we were doing the baby, toddler thing at once. And it worked for us and was great. And I was 27 when my oldest was born and 31 when my youngest arrived.

With that said though, so young to have so many kids, every 18 months!! I am not judging, just commenting because I assume they will continue having children-------and surprised Michelle isn't having another. I assume perhaps her days many be done??

Any thoughts??????
My thoughts are that it is really none of my business as long as they are able to care for their children. They seem like they are raising kind, independent and productive people. I really don't see why people have such issue with them.
Pre-Trip Report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2503063
Oct 2011 - F&W AKL and BCV
May 2012 - HGVC SeaWorld
ccgirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: