Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-12-2013, 10:19 AM   #16
Brit17
DIS Veteran

I admit, I cried from the beginning of last night's episode until the end ... From the opening credits with the Dallas theme song being played slower to the last scene with Bobby saying goodbye to his brother in J.R.'s bedroom - I was a hot mess ... And when Sue Ellen read J.R.'s letter to her and said he was the love of her life - yup, I lost it ... Then showing J.R.'s cowboy hat at the end - that was it, I was done ...

What a great episode ... Kudos to the writers and the cast ... Truly heartfelt ...

Goodbye J.R. (Larry Hagman) ... Thank you for your tremendous talent for so many years ... You will be missed ... R.I.P.
Brit17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 11:39 AM   #17
Imzadi
I can shoot a gun, but I'm scared to open a can of biscuits
Point Free Zone
I'm the only one getting lumpy hummus
Like Pakey's

Location: NYC - "They may take our lives, but they'll never take our FREEDOM!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brit17 View Post
I admit, I cried from the beginning of last night's episode until the end ... From the opening credits with the Dallas theme song being played slower to the last scene with Bobby saying goodbye to his brother in J.R.'s bedroom - I was a hot mess ... And when Sue Ellen read J.R.'s letter to her and said he was the love of her life - yup, I lost it ... Then showing J.R.'s cowboy hat at the end - that was it, I was done ...

What a great episode ... Kudos to the writers and the cast ... Truly heartfelt ...

Goodbye J.R. (Larry Hagman) ... Thank you for your tremendous talent for so many years ... You will be missed ... R.I.P.

Me too. I cried right from the opening song on. I also noticed that they took Larry Hagman's name out of the opening credits, although they showed him at the beginning (and in other places throughout the episode.) I thought they were going to do a memorium at the end, but they didn't. No where in any of the opening & ending credits do they list Larry Hagman. I thought that was strange. But, of course anyone who watched Dallas at all, now or on the 70s know who he is. J.R./Larry Hagman is an iconic TV legend.

I thought the ending was a brilliant twist, where in the previews for next week and the rest of the season they are now able to use LH's death to do a spin on, "Who Shot J.R?" to "Who KILLED J.R?" Brilliant.

Yes, J.R./Larry Hagman will be missed. Though his presence on Dallas, will be obviously around the rest of the season.

R.I.P. J.R./Larry Hagman.
There are one billion, billion, planets capable of supporting life, like ours. And in all of that,
and maybe even more, there is only one of each of us. Don't destroy the one named Kirk."
.........~ Dr. Leonard McCoy to Captain James T. Kirk
. . . . . . . Scotty, beam me up! . . . . . .
Balls by Kimmar I've been Grumpy Pirated! Turkeyed by figment52
Bewitched by Evil Genius!
Thanks!
Imzadi is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-12-2013, 02:16 PM   #18
snykymom
Still tagless after all these years

I always loved JR - he was so rotten in such a fun-loving, twinkle in his eye, way. As Sue Ellen called him, a charming, loveable scoundrel. I loved seeing the pictures of a young Hagman and Gray. They did a brilliant job with this episode.

I know they're really going to try very hard to carry on, figuring out his schemes, but I don't think there's any way the show will succeed without him. They had to make him a much bigger presence in the "sequel" than they had initially intended, simply because of the power of his character and Hagman's portrayal. He stole every scene he was in, without even trying.

RIP, Larry - thanks for so many years of entertainment.

snykymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 04:28 PM   #19
CarolinaBlue
I solemnly swear that I am up to no good
Sundrop is good, but Cherry-lemon Sundrop is better!

Quote:
Originally Posted by latmck View Post

The scenes that we saw were raw emotions from all cast and probbaly crew as well. For me, the scenes were real (emotions). It was so hard to see Bobby and Sue Ellen's scenes.
That's what caused me to tear up while watching. Just thinking about what the actors were going through while filming those scenes. It was a great episode. I grew up watching Dallas and I do like this series. I really hope it does well.

Wonder what was in the letter for Bobby?

Up next: 08/14Previous trips: OKW10/13,ASM 10/13,DL(offsite)08/13,SSR 05/14,05/13,Fantasy 12/12,Dream 05/11,WL-10/11,10/10,05/10,Poly-08/09,Sports/Disney Magic-05/09,BWI-12/08,Wonder-04/10,05/08, POFQ-05/12,08/10,09/08,05/08,08/06,12/05, BC-02/08, ASMu-12/07,06/95,CBR-05/07,FW12/12,08/12,08/11,05/11,12/10,08/10,04/10,12/09,08/09,12/08,02/08,05/07,AOA-12/12,Pop Century-04/11,06/04, offsite-06/02, 03/90
CarolinaBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 04:32 PM   #20
bdcp
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaraPA View Post
I know my emotions will be real -I grew up (with many of you) hating JR Ewing! This is the end of an era. He hadn't died in real life yet when they filmed it, so hopefully it won't be totally raw emotion from the other actors.
Yes, he had died when they filmed it. Larry Hagman's death is why they killed off JR. This was not the plan this season by a long shot. They had to rewrite and the phone calls last week between JR and John Ross were pieced together from previously filmed scenes, probably never used. It was very emotional because it was as much a farewell for Larry Hagman as it was for JR.
Shades of Green Nov 08

Shades of Green Oct 11
Shades of Green Nov 13
bdcp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 05:36 PM   #21
SeaSpray

Frankly Scallop, I don't give a clam!
Loud people give me Skull Pain!
Call me "impatient"

Great episode, I cried all the way through it.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
John Terry Craig Robby Mushu BrownFamilyVacations.com

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

~ Polynesian LVC July '10 ~ Polynesian LVC May '08 ~ RCI's 'Explorer of the Seas' Oct '07 ~ Polynesian LVC July '07 ~ Port Orleans Riverside May '07 ~ Disney Magic "Cruising Castaways" Cruise & Polynesian LVC Aug '06 ~ Animal Kingdom Lodge May '06 ~ Polynesian LVC Oct '05 ~ Wilderness Lodge CL & Polynesian LVC July '05 ~ Disney Magic 10-night "Lost at Sea" Hurricane Cruise Aug/Sept '04 ~ RCI Bermuda Cruise '03 ~ Caribbean Beach '02 ~ Grand Floridian LV '01 ~ Caribbean Beach '01 ~ DisneyLand '95 ~ WDW '85,'78,'76 ~
[/center]
SeaSpray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 05:48 PM   #22
momrek06
The first person to reply on any thread needs to quote the OPShell Smuggler!
BEE FRAGMENTS??? I do NOT eat bees!!

I especially watched Sue Ellen/LG last night as she has stated way before the new series even started that she and LH are life long friends. This was one of LG's projects to get Dallas back up and running. LG said she had to do a little persuading of LH to please come do the show and then he agreed.

So yes, I believe as latmck posted it was RAW EMOTIONS last night.

I watched faithfully the first Dallas. Never ever missed an episode and I am so loving this new show. LOVE IT.

Larry Hagman will be so missed.

KAR

momrek06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 06:16 PM   #23
TruBlu
I was very excited to see how yummy it looks!
You can do what we do and go to BOTH!
I could have been contender.... instead, I'm just itchy

I not only cried watching it. I just cried reading about all of you crying.

Sent from Tracey's iPhone using DISBoards

"Not all treasure is silver and gold, mate." -Captain Jack Sparrow

TruBlu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 08:23 PM   #24
momrek06
The first person to reply on any thread needs to quote the OPShell Smuggler!
BEE FRAGMENTS??? I do NOT eat bees!!

DALLAS HITS SEASON HIGH RATINGS LAST NIGHT!

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/liv...-season-428054

KAR

momrek06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 08:26 PM   #25
happygirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by momrek06 View Post

Good news
happygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 10:07 PM   #26
diznee25
"Curse you perry the platypus!"

Cried like a baby while watching this episode. I especially liked all the old photos from the 80's.....very nice touch. The second the intro started playing slow music, and I realized it was a tribute to Larry Hagman, the tears started flowing. End of credits was hard to watch.....Larry Hagman's name was always credited at the end. But not last night. That was hard. But I guess since he's not in the show, they can't keep his name listed.

Ugh....this was such an iconic and special show for me back in the 80's. I used to watch it with my mom. Unfortunately, she past away before the 90's, so she never got to see the remake. It's a great show, mom. You would have loved it!

diznee25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 10:08 PM   #27
TruBlu

Quote:
Originally Posted by momrek06

Old 03-12-2013, 10:11 PM   #28
TruBlu

Quote:
Originally Posted by diznee25
Ugh....this was such an iconic and special show for me back in the 80's. I used to watch it with my mom. Unfortunately, she past away before the 90's, so she never got to see the remake. It's a great show, mom. You would have loved it!
Same for me, except with my dad. My parents were divorced & I was with my dad on weekends. Every time that music plays my heart aches to see him again.

Old 03-12-2013, 10:15 PM   #29
latmck
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaBlue View Post
That's what caused me to tear up while watching. Just thinking about what the actors were going through while filming those scenes. It was a great episode. I grew up watching Dallas and I do like this series. I really hope it does well. Wonder what was in the letter for Bobby?

It was a great episode. I too like so many grow up watching this show along with my mom, grandma, and aunts.

I believe that it was about Ryland and his mom. Judith Light is playing the heck out of that character, kind of scary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by momrek06 View Post

Good to hear
latmck is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: