Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-11-2013, 12:04 PM   #1
jbuckent
DIS Veteran

Arriving early and not going to the parks

Our flight arrives at MCO at 8AM. We will likely get breakfast at the airport, grab our luggage and take the ME to our resort (AoA). While hoping there will be a room ready for us, I am planning on not having a room ready. Will we be able change clothes somewhere and sit at the pool until we have a room?
2/2011 Disney Magic Eastern Caribbean | 2/2012 Five nights at Port Orleans French Quarter and 2/2012 Disney Dream 3-night Bahamas
3/2013 Disney Fantasy Eastern Caribbean with San Juan

11/2014 Wine & Dine half marathon followed by
11/2014 Disney Dream 4-night Bahamas
jbuckent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 12:10 PM   #2
GaSleepingBeautyFan
DIS Veteran

I think there's a locker room near the big blue pool where you can shower, change and use the restroom.

I haven't stayed there but walked around that resort on my last trip and I think I remember seeing that.

Connie

WDW: 16 family trips, 10 solo trips - resorts stayed at: offisite(6) AoA, AKL(2), BWI, CR (2), WL (2), CBR, CSR, POFQ (3), POP (3), POR (6) ASMo, ASMu
DISNEYLAND: 1 family trip, 2 1 day trips chaperoning
US/IOA: 5 family trips
GaSleepingBeautyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-11-2013, 12:14 PM   #3
pumba
DIS PUMBARIZER
I have a smile on my face a mile wide
Let’s just say that Mr. Feeney came out “well done”

DISboards Moderator

after a few airlines losing our luggage...we always carry one outfit change and our swimsuits...we put those on our carry on luggage...it is so easy to be comfortable when we arrive at the resorts...but not comfortable when we were still in jeans and shirts ...we finally got our luggage at nine thirty that first evening...
Even if you are checking out of your resort and still have the rest of the day before having to go to the airport...you can relax at the pool and change into your traveling clothes after...

pumba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 12:22 PM   #4
buzznina
DIS Veteran

Location: The White Sugar Beaches of the Florida Panhandle, Destin area. 7 hours away from the Magic Place.

If your room is not ready, make sure you get some sort of key card, because you will need it to get into the pool area. The gates are locked and need a room key to enter the pool area.

DW DH DD(10) DD(5)

AKL-SV(2), POLY, GF(CL), CR, POFQ(4), POR(6)(RGR(2)), CSR(10), CBR, FW CABINS, BW, POP(3), ASMU(2), ASSP, ASMO and DLH
buzznina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 04:13 PM   #5
nkereina
Wendy Darling

Do you prefer to have a room ready when you arrive over a room that meets your requests? If so, try online check-in. I have spoken to CMs about this and they prioritize online check-in so that they can try to get you into a room that will be ready when you arrive. However, if you prefer your requests to be met, its better to wait.
nkereina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 06:25 PM   #6
jbuckent
DIS Veteran

Thanks! This is very helpful to plan for! Was hoping we didn't need to find something else to do that day!
2/2011 Disney Magic Eastern Caribbean | 2/2012 Five nights at Port Orleans French Quarter and 2/2012 Disney Dream 3-night Bahamas
3/2013 Disney Fantasy Eastern Caribbean with San Juan

11/2014 Wine & Dine half marathon followed by
11/2014 Disney Dream 4-night Bahamas
jbuckent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 06:33 PM   #7
trishadono
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumba View Post
after a few airlines losing our luggage...we always carry one outfit change and our swimsuits...we put those on our carry on luggage...it is so easy to be comfortable when we arrive at the resorts...but not comfortable when we were still in jeans and shirts ...we finally got our luggage at nine thirty that first evening...
Even if you are checking out of your resort and still have the rest of the day before having to go to the airport...you can relax at the pool and change into your traveling clothes after...
Yep! It only takes one time to learn this lesson.
trishadono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 06:35 PM   #8
trishadono
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by trishadono View Post
Yep! It only takes one time to learn this lesson.
And... This has happened more than once for us too.
trishadono is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: