Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-14-2013, 10:09 AM   #31
OklahomaTourist
Mouseketeer

Get rid of Stitch. Nasty, lame ride.

Love Muppets 3D, but it desperately in need of a refresh. Really stale looking by contemporary standards.

Lights Motors Action at DHS is just stale as can be.

Backlot tour is nice, enjoy some of the set construction sites, but beyond that, meh.
OklahomaTourist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 10:52 PM   #32
AnnaNonamus
Mouseketeer

Stitch needs to go. Utilize the space for an actual ride- this thing was a hot mess of horrible. Just clean it out, and put something new there. Something that actually moves, and can be called a ride.
CBR - 10/20/13-10/28/13 - Free Dining Girls Trip!
AnnaNonamus is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-15-2013, 07:15 AM   #33
DRDISNEYMD
*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+* *+*~The Snow Queen~*+* ~A girl should be two things: *+*~Classy & Fabulous~*+* +*+*~Coco Chanel~*+*+*+ *+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRDISNEYMD View Post
~LOL. This question is too difficult to answer, it's much easier to ask what doesn't need updating at WDW. But, I agree with most of the comments and I'll throw in the Poly for good measure.
~LOL. I spoke too soon! The Poly Hawaii just got a fabulous update! Yay! I had no idea -- anyway, it looks like that horrid green marble nightmare with the water stains & rust/calcium build up is gone! I do wish Disney would add balconies to the second floor. I just don't like to stay in run down hotels, that's gross. Hotels need to be updated more frequently, especially at a place with high turnover like Disney World. Okay, since the Poly is currently undergoing (much needed) renovations and adding DVC, I'm going to have to suggest the monorail!

DRDISNEYMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 11:28 AM   #34
LunarDistortion
Earning My Ears

Muppets needs to be redone, and with the sequel to The Muppets coming out,it can go hand in hand with the movie.

Adventureland needs as many new rides as it can get. The only reason to go there is POTC, to finish Sorcerers, and if you really like it, than Jungle Cruise.

I personally think Lights Motors Action! should go, it cost a lot of money, it is fairly boring IMO, and last time I went, didn't bring much of a crowd.

Overall, I think MGM should get more rides, I don't see them making Cars Land, but Star Wars instead.

I don't really see the point in Camp Minnie Mickey, so I think it should go, I also think Dino-Rama should go, as much as I love Primeval Whirl, it doesn't bring in money, small, and boring.
Old 03-16-2013, 12:17 PM   #35
umichigan10
DIS Veteran

Not really a need but it'd be nice to have another hotel on the monorail loop between CR and TTC. I know there were issues with that land in the past but hopefully in 2013 they can now overcome this
2008 Saratoga Springs
2011 Bay Lake Tower
2012 April-All Star Music w/ band
2012 July- Bay Lake Tower

"Somethings wrong, shut the light, heavy thoughts tonight, and they aren't of Snow White"-an example of Metallica and Disney going hand in hand
umichigan10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 12:24 PM   #36
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by umichigan10 View Post
Not really a need but it'd be nice to have another hotel on the monorail loop between CR and TTC. I know there were issues with that land in the past but hopefully in 2013 they can now overcome this
x2 for another monorail loop.
Old 03-16-2013, 06:16 PM   #37
rteetz
DIS Veteran

Another monorail loop anywhere in disney world would be nice I've been wanting an expansion to the monorail for years now!

rteetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 06:48 PM   #38
poohguys
DIS Veteran

MK: Get rid of stitch
Get rid of the princess meet and greet area on Main street and put back the Walt Disney story
Fix Splash Mt it seems to be broken more than it works
Do something with Peter Pan and Winnie the pooh to make the lines move faster.

Epcot: Bring Back original Journey
Update universe of energy (although I agree w/pp about it being a good nap place lol)
Get rid of that mission space ride and bring back an updated horizons.
Do something anything with the empty pavilion that has body wars
Update some of the countries to make them more interesting. Most people are tired and don't want to stand to watch a movie.
Get rid of Captain Eo

MGM:
Update Muppets
Get rid of stunt show
Update the back lot tour
If they put in cars land that would be nice

AK: Animal Kingdoms layout is too spread out. They need to but a few more good attractions in it.
Get rid of games in Dino Land

And most of all in all of the parks and resorts they need to up the maintenance. There never used to be peeling pain or garbage on the ground. The last time we were there, there was the same piece of paper in the bushes at our resort all week.

Off Site '74
Husband too many times to remember starting in 1979
Poly '90
Dixie Landings '95
SOG '96 (honeymoon trip 15 wonderful days!)
Dixie (POR)'97
Dixie (POR) 2003 (First trip for our son)
Dixie (POR)Oct 2005
Dixie (POR) August 2006
Dixie (POR) August 2007
Dixie (POR) August 2012

poohguys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 11:42 AM   #39
karenklo
DIS Veteran

I am on-board with getting rid of Stitch! I loved the Alien ride, but stitch is just nasty! I cannot get that smell out of my nose! YUCK! I do love Muppets, but technology can do so much more that it needs an update. As for the Poly, it is getting an update right now which makes me happy because we are staying there again this summer!
Old 03-17-2013, 11:58 AM   #40
PrincessTori96
Disney Princess

I think they should repair the ghosts in the air shafts of the drop in Tower of Terror. The clear molds are still there and visible in the day time when the windows are opened, but are lost in the dark. They used to light up during certain sequences. I remember that from my very first Disney trip 14 years ago and wish they would bring it back.

How can you read this? It doesn't have any pictures!
I'm just a princess enjoying my adventures through Walt Disney World every weekend...
PrincessTori96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 07:52 PM   #41
tubtruck
Tubtastic

If you dont maintain your home and spend money on it each and every year it soon begins to look tatty and a great deal of work is needed, its also what's happened to the house of the mouse, the need to take a leaf out of Universals book. Sooner rather than later.

tubtruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 11:09 PM   #42
tikistitch
Mouseketeer

As much as it pains me to say this, I'd get rid of Stitch at MK and replace it with a new Stitch attraction. He's my favorite, so I would love to see him get an actual ride. And maybe some merchandise for adults while we're at it. And this sounds so bratty but I wish they hadn't wasted the money on New Fantasyland. BOG is fun to eat at but I really don't get the huge appeal of the area, I wish they had added in some better quality attractions. Belle's "attraction" is cute but the line moves slower than slow and I feel that it will lose popularity quickly since you can meet Belle in other places across WDW, and will end up being rethemed to something else in about 5 years. The voyage of the little mermaid is cute and nostalgic of the dark rides I grew up loving, but is something that should have come out in 1990-94, not in 2012. I'd also update the tomorrowland speedway and maybe incorporate Cars that way, not building an entire Carsland in another park.

I also wish they'd revamp the nighttime parade at MK and come out with something new. I loved Spectromagic and loathe the current main street parade and would love to see something new and innovative.

HS/MGM needs a total rehaul. It used to be our favorite park but the last 2 trips we haven't bothered going at all. My dad popped in to try out the revamped Star Tours but didn't stay for long. It's not even that the rides are terrible, it's just that the park seems to be neglected by Disney itself, traffic flow in this park is terrible (especially during Fantasmic line up and afterward), and we can get better thrills with smaller crowds and better park upkeep at Universal.

AK is actually pretty decent the way it is. Everest needs some help but otherwise the park isn't bad. I'd probably get rid of the bugs ride just because I hate it, but it's pretty decent quality wise. Same with Dinosaur. Hate the ride but it isn't terribly outdated or done poorly, it's just a personal preference. The park overall isn't something we spend a whole day at, it's just sort of there and as much as I loathe the idea of Avatar being in WDW, maybe it will increase some excitement and make it a full day park.

Epcot is now my favorite park and I wouldn't change too much, except I'd love to add actual attractions in some of the countries in the world showcase. I would get rid of Captain EO, it was a nice tribute but now it is time to let it go and put in something else.

The biggest thing I think Disney needs to ditch/update ASAP is their Limited Time Magic idea. I watch in horror every week or so as people on the Disney blog get excited to see and do things that used to happen daily at WDW.
tikistitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 08:32 AM   #43
nhmommy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaNonamus View Post
Stitch needs to go. Utilize the space for an actual ride- this thing was a hot mess of horrible. Just clean it out, and put something new there. Something that actually moves, and can be called a ride.

I agree something needs to happen here,but I'm not sure there is enough room for a ride that moves I'm certainly not interested in a gravatron type ride and thats all I can see fitting.
nhmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 10:58 AM   #44
ceemys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by somelicious View Post
I knew someone would bring this up! Carousel of Progress is such crowd-dividing ride; you either absolutely love it, or can't stand it. I happen to love it. Only downside is that the theme song is always stuck in your head for days after!
* We love the CoP! But you are right...I can sing the song now, just reading about it. lol

* We also love the Muppets 3-D. Maybe udpated it but I wouldn't know how I would like it. We love all the 3-D theaters.

* AK - Dino land/carnival land, just needs to go.

* Not a fan of the AK parade.

* Love the tomorrow land speedway.

* Some may disagree with me here, but as much as I love space Mountain, update it so i don't get a headache every time I get off. I never remember why I only ride it once on my trips until I get off the ride. lol

* I have only stayed in the All-star Movies and Music resorts. Not much to compare it to, but I like the movies better. Maybe change the carpet...other stuff is OK.

* Remove American idol and the Sound something stage in HS. Also update the GMR. Kind of boring, but we like seeing the props of the movies while waiting.

* remove stitch....dumb, dumb dumb "ride".

That is all I can think of now.

Last edited by ceemys; 03-18-2013 at 11:05 AM.
ceemys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 01:23 PM   #45
WDW1979

Close the Stitch "attraction" in Magic Kingdom. It is a waste of space.
1979 June - Days Lodge Kissimmee; 1991 Aug/Sep - rental house; 1997 May - Dixie Landings (DxL); 1998 May - DxL & Polynesian MK View; 1999 July Wilderness Lodge (WL); 2000 May – WL, DxL & Grand Floridian; 2002 April DxL; 2002 May - Newport Bay Club at Disneyland Paris; 2003 May - Residence Inn LBV; 2004 April - Villas at WL & Beach Club Villas (BCV); 2005 Jan/Feb - Fort Wilderness (FtW) Cabins & Royal Pacific & Hilton GVC; 2005 May - Hampton Inn & DxL; 2006 Jan - FtW Cabins & BCV; 2006 Aug - BCV & Contemporary MK View; 2007 March - Port Orleans Riverside (POR)/DxL; 2008 May solo trip while on business – Pop Century; 2008 Aug - Embassy Suites; 2009 July - Disneyland Hotel in Hong Kong; 2009 Dec - Homewood Suites LBV& WL; 2011 March - POR, FtW campsite; 2012 March - POR, FtW campsite; 2013 August - Contemporary, POR; 2014 March - POR
WDW1979 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: