Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-15-2013, 06:35 AM   #1
EagleScout
Mouseketeer

transport options at new Four Seasons

Also asked at resort thread, does anyone know how the 4S guests will get to parks? It is within the Golden Oak - will it use their mini-buses? Will there be boats (appears to be on some sort of waterfront - maybe a tributary of Bay Lake?) Will it have its own buses? (May dampen tranquility of Golden Oak). Just curious. May consider eating there once restaurants open just to see it - I assume hotel above my budget
EagleScout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 09:15 AM   #2
GrnMtnMan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleScout View Post
Also asked at resort thread, does anyone know how the 4S guests will get to parks? It is within the Golden Oak - will it use their mini-buses? Will there be boats (appears to be on some sort of waterfront - maybe a tributary of Bay Lake?) Will it have its own buses? (May dampen tranquility of Golden Oak). Just curious. May consider eating there once restaurants open just to see it - I assume hotel above my budget
Good view of the construction site here.

Doesn't look like boat transport is an option as the on waterway that makes its way to Bay Lake has a dam/flood-control/lock structure. And I think I see a few low bridges.

My guess is it will have its own bus transportation, just like Swan/Dolphin and Disney resorts. No inside knowledge here, but I bet in the beginning they'll try something semi-exclusive, but low utilization of that service will eventually lead to plain old Disney-tranport buses. Maybe with a dedicated route.
Dolphin 10/04
DL - Grand Californian 3/06
Disneyland Paris 9/07
Swan 9/08, 6/10
BLT 9/09, 12/10 - Father-Daughter Trip, 10/11, 10/12, 10/13, 10/14

Disney-Like: Atlantis - Paradise Island 3/01, 3/02, 9/03, 9/05, 3/07, 4/08, 3/09, 4/10, 3/11, 4/12, 3/13, 4/14, 4/15
GrnMtnMan is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: