Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-11-2013, 07:18 AM   #1
simplyshaz
Mouseketeer

Princess makeover ???

Does anyone know if this is available? I had heard that it was available in dlh ? But it's not advertised much to non dlh guests. Also heard its only certain times of year etc. does anyone know if this will be available next week?? The girls would soooooo love to have this done. ( me too but think I'm a little too old rotfl). Thanks x
simplyshaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 08:20 AM   #2
dypsy
Earning My Ears

There is a poster in dlh advertising it, I took a photo of it on saturday. It is open to anyone but is done in dlh. There was a girl getting it done on saturday morning while we were there. It looks lovely but super expensive.
dypsy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-11-2013, 11:34 AM   #3
owensdad
Mouseketeer

We did this for our little girl last June, she is 4 and loved every minute of it, she chose the Rapunzel dress and all the bits, it was expensive, around 150 euros I think, but it was all worth it. I've often wondered if they do anything similar for boys, does anyone know?

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android
owensdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 01:13 PM   #4
MickeysFavouriteGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by owensdad
We did this for our little girl last June, she is 4 and loved every minute of it, she chose the Rapunzel dress and all the bits, it was expensive, around 150 euros I think, but it was all worth it. I've often wondered if they do anything similar for boys, does anyone know?

I don't think they do

MickeysFavouriteGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 01:18 PM   #5
HappyPanda
Have faith in your dreams and someday your rainbow will come shining through.

I remember seeing a post before where they asked about boy ones and were told they don't do them.
February 1996 - Hotel Cheyenne ~~~ June 2001 - Newport Bay ~~~ December 2001 - Sequoia Lodge ~~~March 2002 - Newport Bay ~~~ February 2002 - New York~~~ February 2011 - Santa Fe ~~~ March 2012 - Cheyenne ~~~ June 2012 - Sequoia Lodge ~~~ March 2013 - Disneyland Hotel
HappyPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 02:55 PM   #6
jillrobinson
I will be very angry if there are any attractions or places off limits
DS got a Hi 5 from Simba
My real persona is maleficent mum

Quote:
Originally Posted by owensdad View Post

They do haircuts at Dapper Dans on Main Street

I'm planning to book my son in for a proper shave in there in July, he's really looking forward to it, you get the whole hot towel, foam, cut throat razor experience and it's very reasonable. I have the tel. number if you're interested.
March 2004 Liam's 5th Birthday at Cheyenne *** October 2004 Spooky Halloween at Santa Fe *** March 2006 My big 40 & Liams 7th Birthday at Newport Bay Club *** March 2007 Jamie's 13th Birthday & VIP Press Launch for DLP's 15th Anniversary at Sequoia Lodge *** November 2007 Christmas Season at Sequoia Lodge *** March 2009 Liam's 10th Birthday at Cheyenne *** January 2010 Practically Perfect stay at Hotel New York *** October 2010 Our not so scary stay at Cheyenne ***January 2012 Jack's 5th Birthday surprise at Santa Fe***July 2013 Disney Dreaming at Cheyenne***

jillrobinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 07:16 PM   #7
fairydustmummy
Mouseketeer

where would you find out more about the princess make over, booking, prices etc x
fairydustmummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 06:30 AM   #8
owensdad
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillrobinson
Quote:

Originally Posted by owensdad

They do haircuts at Dapper Dans on Main Street

I'm planning to book my son in for a proper shave in there in July, he's really looking forward to it, you get the whole hot towel, foam, cut throat razor experience and it's very reasonable. I have the tel. number if you're interested.
Thanks for the offer, my son is only 6 and we will be having his 7th birthday in DLP this Sept, its the 2nd day we are there, he's not quite shaving yet! I would have loved to do something like the makeover for him as I think he would really love it, being severely disabled he can't do much in the way of rides etc so things like that would make it so special for him, maybe one day but at least he is having his birthday in Disneyland.

Old 03-12-2013, 07:40 AM   #9
simplyshaz
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairydustmummy
where would you find out more about the princess make over, booking, prices etc x
I have emailed dlrp for price list etc, still waiting for reply when/ if ) I get the details I shall put them on this thread
simplyshaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 09:03 AM   #10
squiggly2902
Mouseketeer

I emaield them earlier this week to enquire about the makeover and if was going to be available when we go in May. They confirmed it would be available and provided the price list below;

Appointment daily from 10am to 17h20,Monday to Sunday.Appointments are taken directly at the boutique and we advise to reserve on arrival to avoid disappointment. Our boutique 'Gallery Mickey' is located on the 2nd floor of The Disneyland Hotel.

PRINCESS FOR A DAY PACKAGES

PRINCESS BEAUTY PACK €50.00

MAKE-UP & HAIRSTYLE

CLASSIC PRINCESS PACK €75.00

HAIRSTYLE + MAKE-UP + TIARA or CROWN or WIG (CHOICE OF ONE) + PHOTO

Tiara Choice - Belle / Sleeping Beauty / Cinderella /Snow White / Ariel / Tiana / Jasmine

Crown Choice - Rapunzel or Tinkerbell

Wig - Merida

TINKERBELL DELUXE PACK €139.00

MAKE-UP + HAIRSTYLE + DRESS + FLORAL CROWN + WINGS + PHOTO

PRINCESS JASMINE DELUXE PACK €139.00

MAKE-UP + HAIRSTYLE + DRESS + TIARA + BALLERINA SHOES + PHOTO

PRINCESS DELUXE PACK €145.00

PRINCESS CHOICE - Sleeping Beauty / Belle / Cinderella / Snow White or Tiana (CHOICE OF ONE)

HAIRSTYLE + MAKE-UP + DRESS +TIARA + WAND + PHOTO

PRINCESS RAPUNZEL PRESTIGE PACK €159.00

MAKE-UP + HAIRSTYLE + DRESS + CROWN + WIG + FIGURINE PLAY SET + PHOTO

PRINCESS TIANA PRESTIGE PACK €159.00

MAKE-UP + HAIRSTYLE + DRESS + TIARA + GLOVE & BAG SET + WAND + PHOTO

PRINCESS ARIEL - LITTLE MERMAID BRIDE PACK €169.00

MAKE-UP + HAIRSTYLE + DRESS + TIARA + GLOVES + BALLERINA SHOES + BOUQUET +PHOTO

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED ALL ITEMS SUBJECT TO AVAILABILITY
squiggly2902 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 09:26 AM   #11
jillrobinson
I will be very angry if there are any attractions or places off limits
DS got a Hi 5 from Simba
My real persona is maleficent mum

Quote:
Originally Posted by owensdad View Post
Thanks for the offer, my son is only 6 and we will be having his 7th birthday in DLP this Sept, its the 2nd day we are there, he's not quite shaving yet! I would have loved to do something like the makeover for him as I think he would really love it, being severely disabled he can't do much in the way of rides etc so things like that would make it so special for him, maybe one day but at least he is having his birthday in Disneyland.

Did you know if you call into City Hall and tell them it's your son's birthday they will take you into a side room and get Mickey Mouse on the telephone to wish your son a Happy Birthday ?

I was thinking more of the haircut for your young man
I seem to remember reading it's quite traditional with Disney fans in other parks to have a first haircut at Dapper Dan's, but it's always been a bit hit and miss at DLP regards opening, but it appears they are open more frequently now with the new barber in the pic.

Photo courtesy of DCP.
March 2004 Liam's 5th Birthday at Cheyenne *** October 2004 Spooky Halloween at Santa Fe *** March 2006 My big 40 & Liams 7th Birthday at Newport Bay Club *** March 2007 Jamie's 13th Birthday & VIP Press Launch for DLP's 15th Anniversary at Sequoia Lodge *** November 2007 Christmas Season at Sequoia Lodge *** March 2009 Liam's 10th Birthday at Cheyenne *** January 2010 Practically Perfect stay at Hotel New York *** October 2010 Our not so scary stay at Cheyenne ***January 2012 Jack's 5th Birthday surprise at Santa Fe***July 2013 Disney Dreaming at Cheyenne***

jillrobinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 09:27 AM   #12
mamatutu
Earning My Ears

Hi squiggly when r you going we go 16 to 19 May we r defo gona do this 4 our 5 yr old. X
mamatutu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 01:56 PM   #13
owensdad
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillrobinson View Post
Did you know if you call into City Hall and tell them it's your son's birthday they will take you into a side room and get Mickey Mouse on the telephone to wish your son a Happy Birthday ?

I was thinking more of the haircut for your young man
I seem to remember reading it's quite traditional with Disney fans in other parks to have a first haircut at Dapper Dan's, but it's always been a bit hit and miss at DLP regards opening, but it appears they are open more frequently now with the new barber in the pic.

Photo courtesy of DCP.

I'll definitely call into City Hall on his birthday, although we'll give the barbers a miss as Owen's hair is affected by his condition and can be difficult to cut, plus as he has no head control the barber would have a right old time trying to cut, for us its almost a 2 man job!
Old 03-12-2013, 03:36 PM   #14
adr2.8i
Back from the magic....and now hooked!

WOW those prices make my eyes water! When they a photo included, does that mean u get a photo with a real princess after the makeover?
Old 03-12-2013, 03:50 PM   #15
Carrie_Cat
I'm a Rive Gauche person

Location: sur les cases bleues du monopoly -1 mile from Disneyland Paris

Quote:
Originally Posted by adr2.8i View Post
WOW those prices make my eyes water! When they a photo included, does that mean u get a photo with a real princess after the makeover?
Don't think so, it's a photo of your little Princess

I didn't think that the prices were too bad when you consider that a dress alone can cost 60/70€ in the park plus all the other bits soon add up.

Vive la différence
Carrie_Cat is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: