Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK Trip Planning Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-14-2013, 09:56 AM   #16
Paula Sedley-Burke
Proud to believe in Rainbows and Unicorns...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRomance
I agree with earlier posts that all airlines are struggling, but I also feel that VA is still trying to fly on the coat tails of a reputation they had 15 years ago. For those old enough to remember, there was a time when VA were considered a higher quality airline. In fact, they were the only airline at that time offering free drinks throughout your flight etc. People aspired to fly VA and they built a reputation for being a "cut above" the rest. Since then, other airlines have caught on and upped their game but Virgin hasn't and they're still trying to charge for a "better" product that actually isn't "better" anymore.

We flew VA for our Feb '12 trip and fly P.E. It was AWFUL on the way out, terrible cabin crew and on the way back they sat my 8 year old autistic child on her own! Not such a big problem if I hadn't contacted special assistance months before to explain that she was autistic and anxious with crowds, noises and strangers.

They either need to drop their prices which as Wayne pointed out so well are ridiculously high compared to other airlines OR invest in their product and make it worth the extra cost. They can't keep using their prior reputation to charge more for what I felt was a sub-standard service.

With Aer Lingus now in the game, including a flight from Southend Airport which people in London & Essex are loving, they have to change their game plan or risk falling further and further into debt.
I have also found this to be true re VA service gone south but prices north. Our last flight was appalling. We now find we have to bring food with us because the service is sooo slow. Cut the staff in economy so that they only have about 3 of them doing the whole plane ( but economy is now bigger because they got rid of a lot of PE & first class) . I did not know about AL we live in Essex. Oh I am going to have to check that out thanks!
Dixie Landings 2000, Port Orleans 08, SSR 09, SSR 10, SSR 11, Disney Dream 2011, SSR 12, Disney Dream 2012 , AKL 13, SSR 13 , VWL 13, Disney Dream 2013, POR 2014, SSR 14, AKV 14, BCV 14, , Disney Dream 2014, VGF 14, AoA 15, Disney Magic 15, SSR 14, VGF 14

May 2014 Pre trip report - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3236860

Sep/Oct 2014 Post trip report - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3337960

( Me ) , (DW)

Paula
Paula Sedley-Burke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 10:05 AM   #17
orangetiggs
Married my sweetheart in DISNEY!!!!!

We looked at the southend flight but its not everyday and for our dates this nov they are over £200 more than virgin atlantic
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-14-2013, 10:17 AM   #18
Paula Sedley-Burke
Proud to believe in Rainbows and Unicorns...

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangetiggs
We looked at the southend flight but its not everyday and for our dates this nov they are over £200 more than virgin atlantic
Oh no that wouldn't work. We holiday at that time of year also. I managed to get a fly drive with virgin holidays for October 31st 2014 for 1600 with fully inclusive car insurance for 2 weeks for 2 of us in economy with an upgraded car. But now the prices beyond April 2014 have disappeared from the search on the virgin holidays website. Odd. Glad I booked it!
Dixie Landings 2000, Port Orleans 08, SSR 09, SSR 10, SSR 11, Disney Dream 2011, SSR 12, Disney Dream 2012 , AKL 13, SSR 13 , VWL 13, Disney Dream 2013, POR 2014, SSR 14, AKV 14, BCV 14, , Disney Dream 2014, VGF 14, AoA 15, Disney Magic 15, SSR 14, VGF 14

May 2014 Pre trip report - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3236860

Sep/Oct 2014 Post trip report - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3337960

( Me ) , (DW)

Paula
Paula Sedley-Burke is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: