Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-25-2013, 10:15 AM   #31
micandminforever
DIS Veteran

Joining the Feb./Mar. fun.
One day trips with Family 1972,1973, 1976, Honeymoon off site June 1985, Off site June 1986, Off site June 1989, Grand Floridian June 1992, Wilderness Lodge June 1995, Dixie Landing(POR) April 1997, Hilton at Downtown Disney April 2000, Beach Club June 2003, POFQ June 2005, Pop Century Dec. 2005, Pop Century Jan. 2006, Pop Century Sept. 2007, POFQ Jan. 2009, Pop Century Sept 2009, BLT 25th Anniversary Trip June 2010, CBR March 2011, PORS Sept. 2012, Pop Century Jan. 2013
micandminforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 10:50 AM   #32
geckodani
DIS Veteran

Uck, I really hope flight prices come down! Planning a Feb trip on President's Day week is killing me. I'm used to going the second week in Dec. I know it's going to be more expensive, and more crowded, which is not ideal. But, it's when we can go, so - away we go! I hope.
geckodani is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-26-2013, 04:10 PM   #33
kastoney
Disney foodie served with a side of sarcasm

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisajl View Post
I guess I'll join too! Was visiting my sister in Texas this past weekend and my niece is planning on doing the Half princess marathon. My niece has a 15 year old son and a 4 year old daughter. Oh yeah, you know I wanna go help!!
Can't wait.
Have you ever been for the half marathon before? We're going down that weekend, though not for the marathon, and it looks like the crowds may be pretty hefty. Any insight is greatly appreciated.
kastoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 04:22 PM   #34
BuzznBelle'smom
There are tomato-ey paw prints all around the stove
I've never had it burn, and I do this regularly

Subscribing because we have very tentative plans to go the last week in Feb. next year. We really like S/P/D, we could all stay in the Beach Club. Well, minus DD17, she'll be off at college, which makes staying on-site a possibility for our family for the first time in years.

I talked to my AAA TA, and she said the discounts start showing up ~July or August. She recommends making a reservation with minimal deposit, in order to make ADR's. Then, apply any discount once it kicks in. We would be going Feb. break, which for NH is the last week--a week later than everyone else.
BuzznBelle'smom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 02:43 AM   #35
pirate_smiles
Watching the world through the eyes of my kids in California

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastoney View Post
Have you ever been for the half marathon before? We're going down that weekend, though not for the marathon, and it looks like the crowds may be pretty hefty. Any insight is greatly appreciated.
Going for the Princess half also! From what I have "heard," the week before the marathon is packed, but the week after it clears out Can't say for sure since I have never been during those times.

Patiently waiting for discounts.........
Old 04-30-2013, 08:13 PM   #36
Fiveisaparty
Mouseketeer

My friend and I just decided to go for the half marathon as well. Hoping for either an AP discount or BB discount from my Dec. trip. Fingers crossed and hoping I can get in shape for the run!

Fiveisaparty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 11:13 AM   #37
geckodani
DIS Veteran

Ugh, remind me never to plan a trip early in a Calendar year ever again. Waiting for the prices to be released is driving me bonkers!!!
Old 05-06-2013, 06:22 PM   #38
kastoney
Disney foodie served with a side of sarcasm

Quote:
Originally Posted by geckodani View Post
Ugh, remind me never to plan a trip early in a Calendar year ever again. Waiting for the prices to be released is driving me bonkers!!!
Think we may end up doing fd in September to tide us over till Feb. I'm way to impatient to plan this far out.
kastoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 11:45 AM   #39
geckodani
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastoney View Post
Think we may end up doing fd in September to tide us over till Feb. I'm way to impatient to plan this far out.
I wish I could! It's Feb or bust for us. Le sigh. Unless I want to go over Christmas break and... no. Just, no. LOL.
Old 05-07-2013, 09:18 PM   #40
luvallprincesses
DIS Veteran

We are going to have to battle Presidents Week crowds this year for the first time. Seriously considering the Dolphin teacher rate for the first time unless a room only discount in the Epcot area can beat it. We're one of those weird families who doesn't like the dining plan, prefer a room discount over free dining (don't throw things please).

Aug 1997 CBR, April 2005 POP, May 2005 ASM
Dec 2006 POP, Nov/Dec 2009 POR, Nov/Dec 2011 POFQ
Nov/Dec 2012 WL Jan 2014 BC
luvallprincesses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 04:01 AM   #41
akayek31
DIS Veteran

Going February 20th until March 2nd. We go every Feb so DS can go to the Daytona 500 and I get Disney. Hope there is a great discount.

1985-Day trip, 7/08-offsite, 5/09 Pop Century, 2/11-Pop Century,9/11-Pop Century, 2/12-Pop Century, 10/12-Pop Century, 2/13-Pop Century, 2/14-Pop Century, 10/14-Pop Century

akayek31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 09:20 AM   #42
chekhovgirl
Mouseketeer

We'll be braving vacation week as well. I subscribed to this thread because I was thinking we'd see what deals pop up, but we ended up booking a 2 bed at Bonnet Creek because we'll have a party of six (with my parents) and I just don't see us getting a better deal than that when it comes to amenities, space and proximity. If it was just us, we'd probably aim for a moderate. We also wouldn't go for free dining over a room discount- we tire easily of Disney food. I see the last time you were at WDW was POFQ Dec. '11- us, too! Good luck planning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvallprincesses View Post
We are going to have to battle Presidents Week crowds this year for the first time. Seriously considering the Dolphin teacher rate for the first time unless a room only discount in the Epcot area can beat it. We're one of those weird families who doesn't like the dining plan, prefer a room discount over free dining (don't throw things please).
Old 05-08-2013, 11:21 AM   #43
geckodani
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvallprincesses View Post
I'm not going to lie, I'm not looking forward to braving the crowds, but you do what you have to do!

I was looking at the Dolphin discount as well. I priced it out though, and once you add in an airport transfer it doesn't come out much differently than staying at a moderate. At least at the current prices. So if there's ANY sort of discount, we might come out ahead staying on site. And I adore staying on site, LOL.

I love FD, but I totally get how it doesn't work for everyone. I'll take whatever I can get!

I'm also seriously considering tacking a day or two on solo at the end of the trip (I'll be going with my Mom). She has to get back because she's a teacher, but I might be able to stay. It might be a good time to investigate whether or not I like being there solo, without having to commit to a full week alone!
Old 05-08-2013, 12:48 PM   #44
MINNIEANN MOUSE
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by geckodani View Post
I'm not going to lie, I'm not looking forward to braving the crowds, but you do what you have to do!

I was looking at the Dolphin discount as well. I priced it out though, and once you add in an airport transfer it doesn't come out much differently than staying at a moderate. At least at the current prices. So if there's ANY sort of discount, we might come out ahead staying on site. And I adore staying on site, LOL.

I love FD, but I totally get how it doesn't work for everyone. I'll take whatever I can get!

I'm also seriously considering tacking a day or two on solo at the end of the trip (I'll be going with my Mom). She has to get back because she's a teacher, but I might be able to stay. It might be a good time to investigate whether or not I like being there solo, without having to commit to a full week alone!
This is the first time we will attempt February too! I'm worried about the crowds, but with a good plan and realistic expectations, we will have to do it. However, we will be coming from our cruise, getting to the resort on 2/17/13 and leaving either 2/21 or 2/22...depends on what price I can get for airfare. We are waiting for Jet Blue to release flights, I'm sure they are going to be high. Oh well, I'll take Disney anyway I can. If there are any discounts, I'll take those too.
Old 05-08-2013, 02:35 PM   #45
chekhovgirl
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MINNIEANN MOUSE View Post
This is the first time we will attempt February too! I'm worried about the crowds, but with a good plan and realistic expectations, we will have to do it. However, we will be coming from our cruise, getting to the resort on 2/17/13 and leaving either 2/21 or 2/22...depends on what price I can get for airfare. We are waiting for Jet Blue to release flights, I'm sure they are going to be high. Oh well, I'll take Disney anyway I can. If there are any discounts, I'll take those too.
Waiting on flights here, too.

Last time we were at WDW it was for five days leading up to Christmas Eve, 2011. I did my homework, followed the touring plans crowd calendars and we got to ride everything we wanted within a reasonable time. Comparing the historical touring plans calendars to the projected ones in February, I'm not too worried, but we'll see what happens!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: