Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-10-2013, 09:56 PM   #1
calablovedisney
Mouseketeer

car rental advice and locations needed.

I am pricing out rental cars and need some help with locations. We are coming in for about 9 nights, 7 will be spent at Disney where we prefer to have our own car. It is very expensive to rent a car for that many days so I just want one for after our Universal stay(much cheaper). Hertz, which may or may not be the only rental on Universal property is very expensive for just one week. I can rent with Alamo for less and Budget for much much less (using entertainment book for all of these). But, I would have to get to the rental site and do not know Orlando well enough to decide if this is a good idea. the site I looked at for budget is on Research parkway. Anyone hear of it? or know if it is close?

If you have any other ideas/experiences I will gladly take it. We will return the car at the airport. thanks in advance.
calablovedisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 10:08 PM   #2
hpriamson
Mouseketeer

There's a Budget in the Holiday Inn across the street from Universal - here's their website:

http://www.hiuniversal.com/

I'm planning on renting a car there at the end of our stay at the Hard Rock - according to google maps, it's a 0.6 mile walk.

Last edited by hpriamson; 03-11-2013 at 11:50 AM.
hpriamson is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-11-2013, 11:48 AM   #3
Metro West
Proud Redhead
11.47 Miles from Universal
23.56 Miles from Disney

DISboards Moderator

I think this thread would be a better fit on the Transportation board.
Old 03-11-2013, 12:56 PM   #4
calablovedisney
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpriamson View Post
There's a Budget in the Holiday Inn across the street from Universal - here's their website:

http://www.hiuniversal.com/

I'm planning on renting a car there at the end of our stay at the Hard Rock - according to google maps, it's a 0.6 mile walk.

That might be perfect, but when checking the link to the budget website I can not find the address of the hotel for a rental location. Is the address different and do you (or anyone else) know what it is?

thx

and my apologies for posting on the wrong forum. I was too focused on how to rent a car near Universal.
Old 03-11-2013, 12:59 PM   #5
hpriamson
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by calablovedisney View Post
That might be perfect, but when checking the link to the budget website I can not find the address of the hotel for a rental location. Is the address different and do you (or anyone else) know what it is?

thx

and my apologies for posting on the wrong forum. I was too focused on how to rent a car near Universal.
When entering the rental location on the Budget website, just put "M04" - that's a zero in the middle. It should pop up an address on Kirkman.
Old 03-11-2013, 04:15 PM   #6
calablovedisney
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpriamson View Post
When entering the rental location on the Budget website, just put "M04" - that's a zero in the middle. It should pop up an address on Kirkman.
Yup, found it, great! Do you think walking will be okay. Are there sidewalks, etc??? or is it more of a highway? But at half a mile, one of us could walk to pick it up and then go back for the rest of the family and luggage!

thanks again!
Old 03-11-2013, 04:46 PM   #7
hpriamson
Mouseketeer

I had the same questions when I planned all this, and was assured that people do walk safely from the Holiday Inn to the parks. I also "walked" the entire path on google street view, and there are sidewalks. There's one major intersection you have to cross - Major Blvd and Kirkman Rd, but it looks like there are cross walks and walk signals - there are even people crossing the street on street view.

Here's a link to the street view of the intersection.
Old 03-12-2013, 04:12 PM   #8
lindsey
DIS Veteran

We use national at dolphin. And it was great.
Jun82 - FW, Aug88 - FW, Oct91 - FW, Oct92 - FW, Dec93 - POR (formerly DL), Feb95 - POR(formerly DL), Jun96 - off site, Dec96 - Poly, Jun99 - FW, Dec00 - FW, Dec02 - FW, Jun04 -FW, Dec05 - BWI & AKL, Feb07 - offsite, Jun07 - ASMo, Oct 08 - ASMu, Feb09 Pop/Bonnet Creek, Sep10 - Bonnet Creek, Nov 11 - Bonnet Creek, Jn 13 - POP, Bonnet Creek, Caribbean Beach, Nov 14 - ASSp

lindsey is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: