Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-10-2013, 09:36 PM   #1
WoodynBuzz
Earning My Ears

Help!! POFQ or CSR??

Hi Disney friends. I am asking for your input. My family is currently booked to stay at CBR in which we were originally booked to stay at Pop. My wife and I have stayed at POR, ASM and we took our DS 8 for the first time in August and stayed at PC. We are really undecided at this point between the 2 resorts and I would love y'all's input on pro's/con's of both. TIA!!
WoodynBuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 10:23 PM   #2
Sue M
DIS Veteran

POFQ!! Resort is a lot smaller then CSR, and no place is very far from main resort area for pool, and main building. CSR can be a long hike around.
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR

Next trip August 20-Sept 3 2014 Poly
Sue M is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-10-2013, 10:42 PM   #3
jeepwreck
DIS Veteran

i say POFQ

its a smaller more quite resort. the only down side i think is the food court, there is not alot of choices but the food is still good thou, but last time we stayed there we only eat there for breakfast

Hello my name is Jeff….. and I am a disoholic!

Me , (DW)Emily , (DS)James
jeepwreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 10:49 PM   #4
Amunet
DIS Veteran

POFQ is my vote!

We love it because of how small the resort is, so nothing is too far away, but still the added benefit of the ferry to take to DTD.
Also, usually POFQ is the first stop (since the buses are usually shared with POR).

Yes, smaller dining/cafeteria area but still nice food and we never had issues from lack of food ^_^ Though, I'm not sure how picky the people in your family are.

If you take a look at my Trip Report (linked in my signature) I have pictures from my stay there, as well as a video tour of our room

Past Disney Trips
Disneyland 199520052013
Disney World 2008 CBR (Honeymoon) • 2011 POFQ • 2012 AoA/POR • 2013 AKV/CBR
Disney Cruise 2012 ~ Graduation
Amunet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 11:02 PM   #5
MagicCreator
Earning My Ears

I too say PO. I was just down there and toured the grounds and rooms and it has so much character. The size is great too.
MagicCreator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 04:24 AM   #6
Buddy18
Mouseketeer

I prefer CSR because it has a better pool and extra amenities. Size is not an issue for my family/
Buddy18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 07:12 AM   #7
Turk February
DIS Veteran

POFQ for all the reasons listed above. It is such a fantastic resort. Small, peaceful, beautiful grounds, boat to DTD, buses rarely shared with POR when I was there and when they did FQ was always first. It's awesome and I'd stay there again in a heartbeat.
February 2011 - CSR
Christmas 2011 - Contemporary (MK View)
April 2013 - AKL Kidani Village (Savanna View)
Childhood - March '83, March '84, November '84, January '87, August '87, October '87
Turk February is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 07:59 AM   #8
skriegerjr
Monorail Maven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turk February
POFQ for all the reasons listed above. It is such a fantastic resort. Small, peaceful, beautiful grounds, boat to DTD, buses rarely shared with POR when I was there and when they did FQ was always first. It's awesome and I'd stay there again in a heartbeat.
This, exactly! Building 5 room facing the grass courtyard is our fav location. Have stayed there every time. Have even requested it, upon check-in, and got it! Very close to pool, easy walk to lobby, food court, and very close to bus stop in front of building 4. Great pool, quiet, beautiful grounds.

Sent from my rooted Samsung Galaxy SIII using the DISBoards app

"Any review by me is based on my own personal experience and isn't necessarily indicative of similar experiences in the future, for myself or for other guests. Please use the review at your own risk, and know that it is worth exactly what you paid for it..."

skriegerjr is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: