Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Teen Disney
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-10-2013, 02:16 PM   #1
disneyanney
"Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if only one remembers to turn on the light."-Albus Dumbledore

What's your favorite Disney resort and why?

I've stayed at POR, GF, AKL, OKW, and at the Poly. I'm about to try RGR at POR, which is really exciting! But our family favorite is definitely the Poly, just because of the atmosphere and tropical feel of it (not to mention the volcano slide!)
What is/are your favorite Resort(s)?
"Think of me, think of me waking, silent and resigned"-Christine Daae Loving POTO and Mel's theme song
"If your heart is in your dream, no request is too extreme." -Jiminy Cricket
"The very things that hold you down are going to lift you back up." -Timothy Mouse
"Oh yes, the past can hurt. But the way I see it, you can either run from it, or...learn from it." -Rafiki
"I am on my way, I can go the distance. I don't care how far, somehow I'll be strong. I know every mile, will be worth my while. I will go most anywhere to find where I belong." -Hercules
"Blast you, Peter Pan!" -Captain Hook
"Mr. Moony presents his compliments to Professor Snape, and begs him to keep his abnormally large nose out of other people’s business.
Mr. Prongs agrees with Mr. Moony, and would like to add that Professor Snape is an ugly git.
Mr. Padfoot would like to register his astonishment that an idiot like that ever became a professor.
Mr. Wormtail bids Professor Snape good day, and advises him to wash his hair, the slimeball." — The Marauders’ Map

Offsite @ DL Feb 2000 offsite DL Aug. 2000 AKL Jan 2002 OKW Oct 2002 & MNSSHP POR/GF castle view May 2004 DL/SW offsite May 2005 Disney Magic Mar. 2006 Home @ Poly Sept. 2006/2007 + MNSSHP DL offsite Dec. 2008 Disney Wonder & MNSSHP Oct. 2009 POR May 2011 Disney Dream May/June 2012 & WWOHP Royal @ POR May 2013
disneyanney is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 05:01 PM   #2
Darkwing Duck
DIS Veteran

It's not technically a disney hotel but my favorite is the Swan&Dolphin. The location is great. You can walk or take the boat to either EPCOT or Hollywood Studios. Also I loved walking down to the boardwalk for breakfast or late night snack. I love how the hotel is very modern and classy. Great theming. Also they have nice pools, basketball hoops, and really nice fitness centers.

My favorite Disney Resort is the Contemporary. I've stayed there a few times and its awesome. Great view of Magic Kingdom, nice pools, bay lake is right there plus it has the famous theming.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-10-2013, 07:15 PM   #3
Sparrow03
"The only rules that matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can't do." - Captain Jack Sparrow

My favorite disney resort has to be Aulani, because its really well-designed from an architectural standpoint. Moreover, the beach and pool was very nice and relaxing.

However, when it comes to my favorite Disney Resort within theme park property... That goes to The Yacht & Beach Club due to the location, overall aspects, and the fact that its short walk away from Epcot (via World Showcase entrance).
Sparrow03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 11:42 AM   #4
Orreed
Olivia

I have never stayed here, but just dinner, but my favorite resort is The Grand Floridan. It is just SO pretty and I like how close it is to Magic Kingdom. The Boardwalk would be a close second. I have stayed at The Grand Californian at Disneyland (Best hotel at Disneyland, for sure. The entry into California Adventure is awesome.), Wilderness Lodge (I loved it, just not my favorite), French Quarter (I don't remember it, I was five.), and Caribbean Beach. (I enjoy this resort. This is my favorite moderate. I love the ground, theme, and central location.)
Orreed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 06:47 PM   #5
dduck5
Mouseketeer

Probably The Boardwalk because it is nice and beautiful. The shows at night are amazing and funny.

Me Mom Dad Brother Sister
dduck5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 12:34 PM   #6
Hooves
Mouseketeer

Wilderness Lodge for it's theming, I'd love to stay there. Although I'd love to try all the hotels. Of the ones we've stayed at I actually really love All Star Movies, I'm all for the bold colours and in your face designs. Our family has never been one for luxuries so the room size/motel layout really doesn't influence me
Pop Century- December 2004/January 2005
All Star Movies- August 2005
Pop Century- August 2007
Old Key West- August 2010
Old Key West- July/August 2012
Coronado Springs- August 2014
Hooves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 09:37 PM   #7
Astaraya
Earning My Ears

For me it's a tossup between Animal Kingdom Lodge and Beach Club. AKL because of the gorgeousness and the beautiful rooms. Beach Club because of the proximity to Epcot and the view.
Old 03-19-2013, 06:27 PM   #8
barefootMom
Mouseketeer

Ahh my favorite would have to be... Either poly or WL but has anyone gone to the boardwalk? I am going soon and want some feedback or pointers please:{::/
barefootMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 09:00 PM   #9
niallsprincess
"Lets never lose sight of one thing; It all started with a mouse." ~Walt Disney

I'm going to say Port Orleans Riverside (POR) because that's where we've usually stayed ever since I was little and it has a really relaxed, quiet, and laid back feeling. It's a good feeling to have when you're on vacation.

"Think of all the joy you'll find when you leave the world behind, and bid your cares goodbye." ~Peter Pan
Dad Mom Brother Brother Me
Aspiring Artist.
"Listen to me. The human world is a mess." ~Sebastian
And tomorrow's just a dream away...
niallsprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 08:43 AM   #10
Tom999
Earning My Ears

The Boardwalk
Tom999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 04:48 PM   #11
DreamfindingJordan
I'm Lumiere!

My favourite has to be Pop Century. I've stayed there so many times it's pretty much a second home. I just love all the colors and how it brightens up any day!

'03:ASMU/ASMO '06:Pop '08:POFQ '09:Pop (again) '11:Pop (for the third time) '12:POR/POFQ '13: Pop (four times the charm)
DreamfindingJordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 10:37 PM   #12
liddomaryy
Earning My Ears

My favorite in WDW has to be the Animal Kingdom Lodge !
liddomaryy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 10:46 PM   #13
dansamy
DIS Veteran

I really like AKL. We'll have our first BLT stay in Sept. It remains to be seen if we'll like BLT better than AKL. (We own at both resorts.)

We've stayed at POR, ASMu, GF, SSR, AKV-Kidani & AKV-Jambo. Of all these, I liked Kidani the best.
dansamy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 08:29 AM   #14
brandmuffin
Earning My Ears

My favorite resort to stay at is Yacht & Beach Club. I love the pool, atmosphere, and food there. I think overall it's amazing!
brandmuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 12:58 PM   #15
chrissyluvswdw
Mouseketeer

Fort Wilderness Resort and Campground

chrissyluvswdw is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: