Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-16-2013, 08:54 PM   #1
majermom
majermom

Question about my DCL Alaskan Cruise 2013

I'm looking at the ship activites for our July 2013 Alaskan cruise and I see a Pixie Pals Party scheduled. Is this now taking the place of the much loved Pirate Party?? Is this a switch to more of a girls themed party??
Old 04-16-2013, 09:05 PM   #2
tajz90
Mama D

I think the switch from the pirate party is more about the sound/noise issues for Alaska.

I'd be bummed to miss the pirate party. When we sailed Alaska, it was still a go without the fireworks of course.
tajz90 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-16-2013, 09:25 PM   #3
ktalina
Earning My Ears

Hi there! Yeap, from my understanding this will be the first year they will replace Pirate's night with Pixar Party only in Alaska. When I called DCL they said the party would be inside and people would most likely get dressed in their favorite Pixar outfits.
ktalina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 09:28 PM   #4
peachygreen
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by majermom View Post
I'm looking at the ship activites for our July 2013 Alaskan cruise and I see a Pixie Pals Party scheduled. Is this now taking the place of the much loved Pirate Party?? Is this a switch to more of a girls themed party??
I'm confused how a Pixar party would be switched to a more of a girls themed party?

I'm interested to see what they do with it . I'm hoping it isn't just a glorified meet and greet and that they actually do a party with it.

Family Trips to see the Mouse: WDW - October 2008, Nov 2012; DLR - May 2009, Oct 2012; DCL Magic - February 2011; DCL Magic - July 2012; DCL Fantasy - March 2013 Upcoming DCL - Wonder June 2014
peachygreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 09:39 PM   #5
Momma2Jax
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by peachygreen View Post

I'm confused how a Pixar party would be switched to a more of a girls themed party?

I'm interested to see what they do with it . I'm hoping it isn't just a glorified meet and greet and that they actually do a party with it.
I'm thinking OP thought it was pixie pals, as in pixie hollow

Me DH DS 5

Momma2Jax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 10:21 PM   #6
majermom
majermom

My bad!!!!! I thought it said "Pixie" not "Pixar". Like Pixie Hollow. That makes sense. My soon to be 10 year old said "I'm not going to any Pixie Party!!!" Wait til tomorrow when I get to tell him it's Pixar. I love Pixar so that will be super fun. Now I gotta shop for a Pixar outfit
Old 04-16-2013, 11:35 PM   #7
meajuly5
DIS Veteran

You can you tube it. It's more like a meet and greet except they ding you've got a friend.
meajuly5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 07:27 AM   #8
lbgraves
Little Cinderella's Mommy
The bad news is...they are driving me nuts!!!

This is going to be different from the previous Pixar cruises that were done to sell the MR cruises. It is replacing the pirate deck party, so there probably is going to be a show involved versus a meet & greet. Since the characters will be onboard during those cruises, I would expect the characters to be available for pics at other times during the week. Looking forward to hearing back from the first cruisers to experience this!

Magic: E 11/15/2003, W 12/4/2004, E 12/10/2005, W 12/9/2006, EBPC 8/2008, W 1/8/2011
Wonder: 3N 1/11/2010, Alaska 7/26/11
Fantasy: MV 3/31/2012, E 3/23/2013

DCL 2015 Opening Day Pricing Thread #3 August - December
DCL 2015 Opening Day Pricing Thread #2 April - August

Past Opening Day Pricing Threads
lbgraves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 10:30 AM   #9
meajuly5
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbgraves
This is going to be different from the previous Pixar cruises that were done to sell the MR cruises. It is replacing the pirate deck party, so there probably is going to be a show involved versus a meet & greet. Since the characters will be onboard during those cruises, I would expect the characters to be available for pics at other times during the week. Looking forward to hearing back from the first cruisers to experience this!
Me too! I like the idea but I do hope it is expanded to more of a party since its taking the place of he pirate party.
meajuly5 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: