Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-12-2013, 01:13 PM   #31
mcd2745
You're only young once, but you have your whole life to be immature!

I tend to give this more weight as well since it came from Josh. He doesn't hype anything, and in fact, whereas many others if they had any info like that would have made that an entire post with a big "headline"...he basically threw it out there as throw-away line in the midst of another post.

mcd2745 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 02:49 PM   #32
AJ1983
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurenT View Post
Not sure why you would question my motives just because I am loyal to the advice of someone who has worked out well for me.
It is not a paid blog, and he does not take advertisers. I don't even know the guy and am not a regular poster on his forum (as I am here).
I am curious though about why you are here on the rumors board when you have such clear disdain for anyone who has a rumor - likely (as this one) or not - to share....
First of all, I love his site, but I always assumed he took ads/ was paid for it.

Now my question is, what DOES he do for a living and how do I get that job? I'll take whatever job will offer me the opportunity to be at DisneyWorld so often! haha
AJ1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-12-2013, 03:17 PM   #33
LaurenT
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ1983 View Post
First of all, I love his site, but I always assumed he took ads/ was paid for it.

Now my question is, what DOES he do for a living and how do I get that job? I'll take whatever job will offer me the opportunity to be at DisneyWorld so often! haha
Yeah - I wonder that quite often myself! If you look through his site, you won't see any ads anywhere...I think he should do them - it would at least offset the cost of running the site and possibly give him a profit.
So, then who would be paying him? Certainly not Disney - he doesn't tow the line as he would have to if he were on the payroll - and he often complains snarkily about not being invited to media or travel agent events....
So, he's in the parks practically everyday, has a fancy camera and even hangs out with some of the TP people....he's a mystery.
I invited him to join us for dinner at BOG last trip, but he didn't take me up on it. Would have been happy to buy him dinner as a thank you for all the great info.

Just me and the mouse! Nov 2014 POFQ
Mommy and Me trip! April 2015 offsite
The Whole Gang Aug 2015 AKL
LaurenT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 06:42 PM   #34
johnGorski
Mouseketeer

Earth shattering-construction will be Avatar world. They will announce the final plans in may for this project. Avatar world has a price tag $400-500million about the cost of a major league stadium, can't see them shelling out another 500million plus for cars land. DHS will get something in the next two-three years not on the grand scale of cars land, my thoughts MI coaster.
johnGorski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 06:59 PM   #35
twebber55
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnGorski
Earth shattering-construction will be Avatar world. They will announce the final plans in may for this project. Avatar world has a price tag $400-500million about the cost of a major league stadium, can't see them shelling out another 500million plus for cars land. DHS will get something in the next two-three years not on the grand scale of cars land, my thoughts MI coaster.
Is this an educated guess or insider info?
June 2010 BWV
June 2011 VB
June 2011 BC
June 2012 BC
June 2012 THV
June 2014 BC
twebber55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 07:11 PM   #36
PACVII
Mouseketeer

When is this to start? More important when is it set to be completed? Hope it's not a two year plan like FLE. They just need to make the effort and have to completed as soon as they can and not drag it out. I also hope they do it right and not try to cut cost. This could be a great addition to property or a flop like removing PI was.
PACVII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 07:13 PM   #37
PACVII
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACVII
When is this to start? More important when is it set to be completed? Hope it's not a two year plan like FLE. They just need to make the effort and have to completed as soon as they can and not drag it out. I also hope they do it right and not try to cut cost. This could be a great addition to property or a flop like removing PI was.
I'm talking of Disney Springs that is.
PACVII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 07:47 PM   #38
johnGorski
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by twebber55 View Post
Is this an educated guess or insider info?
Little of both. 2-3 years ago when FLE construction started there was a project X that insiders spoke to being massive mutli million dollar project. The most popular rumor was Tommrow Land expansion "Tron" other was a massive project at DAK most thought Aussi land. That financing was signed off apparently when FLE broke ground. Other reason why we will not see another 400-500 million project like cars land for a long long time is it was stated last year from the Iger and Russo that Disney was taking a break on massive theme park attraction such as FLE and Avatar. I can see however DHS and EPCOT will get something in the 50 million dollar range next 5-7 years not on a grand scale like MK and DAK.
Old 03-12-2013, 07:49 PM   #39
LaurenT
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Little of both. 2-3 years ago when FLE construction started there was a project X that insiders spoke to being massive mutli million dollar project. The most popular rumor was Tommrow Land expansion "Tron" other was a massive project at DAK most thought Aussi land. That financing was signed off apparently when FLE broke ground. Other reason why we will not see another 400-500 million project like cars land for a long long time is it was stated last year from the Iger and Russo that Disney was taking a break on massive theme park attraction such as FLE and Avatar. I can see however DHS and EPCOT will get something in the 50 million dollar range next 5-7 years not on a grand scale like MK and DAK.
Josh thinks the May announcement is going to be DHS. AvatarLand is supposed to be AK....

Old 03-12-2013, 11:03 PM   #40
lockedoutlogic
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurenT

Josh thinks the May announcement is going to be DHS. AvatarLand is supposed to be AK....
And therein is the problem with the theory.

What of avatarland?

It has become somewhat of an accepted misconception that its dead since
They bought Star Wars.

I don't think so...some of the hook on the deal in the first place is that Cameron is going to shell out some type of development/construction costs.

They will not give that idea up...like bread from an old lady at an Italian restaurant...from their cold dead hands.

So knowing that it's probably going to go...not only because of the perks of the deal but because animal Kingdom needs it the most.

And it looks as if downtown is being "saved"...hundreds of millions in costs there...

So now they're gonna throw another half billion into studios at the same time?

That doesn't shake out. It just doesn't.

Just last year...Iger informed us all that they'd be drawing construction back. Last June.

So now that has been chucked...and the pedal has been put down...no
Budgets, throw caution to the wind?

Hmmmmm
Bought there....(SSR 2006)

Last Trip: Too Long Ago
Next Trip: Can i borrow some money to go?
Gift Shop Quality: When did we get to WalMart?
Food Quality: Only the finest free range roast chicken breast and loch dart salmon in the Kingdom

"May the Space Being bless the Free Market"
lockedoutlogic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 01:05 AM   #41
johnGorski
Mouseketeer

Josh has some good stuff however, just the added myth of cars land or a project on the scale that will not flow with the executives saying capital theme park expenditures are being scaled back. Some may say with "Disney springs" project soon to be announced is going to cost around $200 million, is going back on that word. DvC, retail is a different, non theme park expenditures. I do look for DHS to get MI themed ride in the next 2 years costing $80 million at most. Then if new star wars series takes off star wars land 2020 being a billion dollar expansion for dhs.
Old 03-13-2013, 07:20 AM   #42
LaurenT
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Josh has some good stuff however, just the added myth of cars land or a project on the scale that will not flow with the executives saying capital theme park expenditures are being scaled back. Some may say with "Disney springs" project soon to be announced is going to cost around $200 million, is going back on that word. DvC, retail is a different, non theme park expenditures. I do look for DHS to get MI themed ride in the next 2 years costing $80 million at most. Then if new star wars series takes off star wars land 2020 being a billion dollar expansion for dhs.
Just to note...Josh never said anything about a cars land....

Old 03-13-2013, 07:26 AM   #43
LaurenT
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lockedoutlogic

And therein is the problem with the theory.

What of avatarland?

It has become somewhat of an accepted misconception that its dead since
They bought Star Wars.

I don't think so...some of the hook on the deal in the first place is that Cameron is going to shell out some type of development/construction costs.

They will not give that idea up...like bread from an old lady at an Italian restaurant...from their cold dead hands.

So knowing that it's probably going to go...not only because of the perks of the deal but because animal Kingdom needs it the most.

And it looks as if downtown is being "saved"...hundreds of millions in costs there...

So now they're gonna throw another half billion into studios at the same time?

That doesn't shake out. It just doesn't.

Just last year...Iger informed us all that they'd be drawing construction back. Last June.

So now that has been chucked...and the pedal has been put down...no
Budgets, throw caution to the wind?

Hmmmmm
To be clear, Josh is not of the opinion that Avatarland is dead. He thinks it's going to happen (mind you, he doesn't claim any insider info on this). But he thinks the announcement he's expecting in the first week of May will have to do with DHS.

Old 03-13-2013, 07:43 AM   #44
WoodysHat
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by CentralFloridian99
Since Disney Springs will be announced tomorrow this doesn't seem too far fetched, and since Josh is right most of the time, I trust him. I'd expect them to announce the tip of it, then they announce more details at D23.
What is "Disney Springs"? Haven't heard of that!
WoodysHat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 07:48 AM   #45
LaurenT
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodysHat View Post
What is "Disney Springs"? Haven't heard of that!
it is the working name of the redesigned DTD....

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: