Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-11-2013, 03:41 PM   #16
LaurenT
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagfanjosh3252
Link please. I am so tired of Everytime anything about HS is announced, people jump to Carsland. It was supposed to be "confirmed" back in Nov and yet here we are again.
Josh's comments are in his latest blog. Just go to www.EasyWDW.com and read the most current post.
He does not say exactly what it is. He does mention "earth shattering" construction news being announced on May 1st and then, when pressed by his readers in the comments section, goes on to say it will be something in DHS. It's not really like Josh to be coy...so I have a feeling he's not saying more because he's not 100% sure of either the timing or the details.

The Whole Gang August 2014 AKL
LaurenT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 08:15 PM   #17
WoodysHat
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurenT

Josh's comments are in his latest blog. Just go to www.EasyWDW.com and read the most current post.
He does not say exactly what it is. He does mention "earth shattering" construction news being announced on May 1st and then, when pressed by his readers in the comments section, goes on to say it will be something in DHS. It's not really like Josh to be coy...so I have a feeling he's not saying more because he's not 100% sure of either the timing or the details.
Thanks for posting the link (and instructions)! I hope he can give more hints if/when he has more info. I'm dying to know what it is!
WoodysHat is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-11-2013, 08:20 PM   #18
lockedoutlogic
DIS Veteran

No offense to "Josh"...but the info provided all seems kids common sense or amateur.

Like a CM who takes pictures with an ipad when they're not working the magic kingdom stroller rental, posts them along with public info...and takes unsubstantiated or common sense "takes" on everything else.

Just how it seems
Bought there....(SSR 2006)

Last Trip: Too Long Ago
Next Trip: Can i borrow some money to go?
Gift Shop Quality: When did we get to WalMart?
Food Quality: Only the finest free range roast chicken breast and loch dart salmon in the Kingdom

"May the Space Being bless the Free Market"
lockedoutlogic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 08:44 PM   #19
LaurenT
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lockedoutlogic
No offense to "Josh"...but the info provided all seems kids common sense or amateur.

Like a CM who takes pictures with an ipad when they're not working the magic kingdom stroller rental, posts them along with public info...and takes unsubstantiated or common sense "takes" on everything else.

Just how it seems
May seem that way to you, not to me.
Josh is right on the money 98% of the time.
Not sure what "kids common sense" would have to do with knowing that a very big announcement concerning DHS and new construction is coming out on May 1.
And he doesn't work as a CM.

Old 03-11-2013, 08:58 PM   #20
CentralFloridian99
The guy who will ask all the celebrities if they will be involved in Episode VII

Since Disney Springs will be announced tomorrow this doesn't seem too far fetched, and since Josh is right most of the time, I trust him. I'd expect them to announce the tip of it, then they announce more details at D23.

The force will be with you, always.
CentralFloridian99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 09:04 PM   #21
lockedoutlogic
DIS Veteran

That was a typo..."kinda common sense"...my bad.

I'll follow along on this blog for research purposes...
What is more likely?

That its written by a current/former cm or local orlandite that follows the parks and fancies themselves journalists? (Which is almost a guarantee If they upload pictures on a weekly if not daily basis)

Or imbedded reporter or perhaps even hidden Disney plant that figured things out in advance and throws them up on a website that hardly anyone would find?

My gut leans different that yours on this.

But I'll give it sits due...even though "guaranteed may 1st announcement of something major" have been thrown out hundreds if not thousands of times and rarely come to fruition.

I hope they do build...we shall see

Food Quality: Only the finest free range roast chicken breast and loch dart salmon in the Kingdom

Old 03-12-2013, 06:11 AM   #22
LaurenT
DIS Veteran

Quote:
That was a typo..."kinda common sense"...my bad.

I'll follow along on this blog for research purposes...
What is more likely?

That its written by a current/former cm or local orlandite that follows the parks and fancies themselves journalists? (Which is almost a guarantee If they upload pictures on a weekly if not daily basis)

Or imbedded reporter or perhaps even hidden Disney plant that figured things out in advance and throws them up on a website that hardly anyone would find?

My gut leans different that yours on this.

But I'll give it sits due...even though "guaranteed may 1st announcement of something major" have been thrown out hundreds if not thousands of times and rarely come to fruition.

I hope they do build...we shall see
He doesn't claim to be an insider or a journalist. He's a blogger. He's a really good blogger. His recommendations for which parks to go to and how to time your day are about as good as you can get without a crystal ball. I visit between two and four times a year and I always consider his advice when planning my trip.
I'm sure he's an Orlando native...he's in the parks almost every day. I'm also sure he does not use an I-Pad to take his photos. Photography is a pretty serious hobby of his and he goes into a lot of detail about his pictures.
He is not guaranteeing anything. Here's the exact comment that is being discussed here (since you obviously didn't read it before deciding who and what this guy is):

"There has been some amount of hate leveled in the general direction of the bathrooms. The sentiment is generally that Disney should be spending money on new attractions rather than bathrooms. I wouldn’t be too concerned about a lack of construction. Look for an earth shattering announcement coming the first week in May. Anyway, the Rapunzel bathrooms replace the Peter Pan bathrooms, which have already closed. Disney is expected to demolish the bathrooms and build an interactive queue for Peter Pan’s Flight in its place."

Later on, in his comments section, a reader asked him for more specifics and his reply was this:

"mike – I’d expect the announcement to concern an expansion of Hollywood Studios primarily. We should also hear more about the rollout of MyMagic+, including the fact that Annual Passholders will be first to try out the new system."

So, he's not guaranteeing anyone anything. Like I say, I think he's not 100% sure on it, when he's sure about things, he comes right out and tells you, and he'll always been right. But the fact that he's mentioning it at all, means that it's more than a casual rumor - he just doesn't participate in that.

In the larger universe of Disney visitors, yes, he's someone that hardly anyone would find. In the smaller universe of true Disney World fans, as here on the boards, he's very well known and widely read - if you're into research, it's rather surprising that you don't know who he is.

Last edited by LaurenT; 03-12-2013 at 06:40 AM.
Old 03-12-2013, 06:48 AM   #23
lockedoutlogic
DIS Veteran

Bloggers just throw anything out there...and there in lies the problem.

But all the quotes you've used basically are known trends or common sense.

Interactive queue for Peter Pan? Not shocking considering that they will be doing this moving forward on many spots.
No line is more stagnant as it stands...except for Soarin and maybe dumbo....wait a minute.

Rollout of the RFID? And to passholders?
Again...1+1 type of tidbit. Maybe in a shocking development...they'll let DVC in on that too.
I would bet that it would have nothing to do with the fact that those people go multiple times annually and would give operations the most amount of raw data/ usage to track.

As far as where to go and when...that's useful...but you can get that from a number of places - including this board and all it's competitors. Or Birnbaums - if you want to be really blunt. It has it's uses - but as you have acknowledged - is just a local who may have cell phone numbers of CMs and checks on things or pounds around property and takes notes. I would do the same I were in LBV...more power too him.

Where I throw up the flag is "big announcement/ construction"
If the web age as it relates to Disney rumors has proven anything - it is that blogs usually will type anything, have a ridiculously low success rate.
And when they are wrong - as they usually are - throw up some corrections/ excuse if "now it looks like that plan is scrapped/ reevaluated/ shelved".
How convenient...and exactly why I say "true the shovels"

Maybe they are gonna throw up something big. It is possible...but I argue unlikely because of the uncertainty of the Avatar project and the recent magic kingdom renovations. They milk their capital expenditures for years now...this isn't Walt and the Boys tinkering with new rides every year.
And knowing that, a more piecemeal approach and WDW's function as a cashcow...should give all observers caution when looking at new development.

There is a certain arrogance when people blog/post "guaranteed" expansion rumors...and I think it tends to be due to wishful thinking outweighing what should be looked at - "dollars and sense"

Does Disney need to do it? Answer no 99% of the time
Would they rather keep the construction capital in the coffers or severely limit/dilute it overtime? Answer yes 100% if the time.

So all blogs...micechat, Jim hill, screamscape, etc are good at rolling out tidbits and theories...just not stopping to break it down to basics.

My take...sorry for the wordiness.

Old 03-12-2013, 07:03 AM   #24
LaurenT
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Bloggers just throw anything out there...and there in lies the problem.

But all the quotes you've used basically are known trends or common sense.

Interactive queue for Peter Pan? Not shocking considering that they will be doing this moving forward on many spots.
No line is more stagnant as it stands...except for Soarin and maybe dumbo....wait a minute.

Rollout of the RFID? And to passholders?
Again...1+1 type of tidbit. Maybe in a shocking development...they'll let DVC in on that too.
I would bet that it would have nothing to do with the fact that those people go multiple times annually and would give operations the most amount of raw data/ usage to track.

As far as where to go and when...that's useful...but you can get that from a number of places - including this board and all it's competitors. Or Birnbaums - if you want to be really blunt. It has it's uses - but as you have acknowledged - is just a local who may have cell phone numbers of CMs and checks on things or pounds around property and takes notes. I would do the same I were in LBV...more power too him.

Where I throw up the flag is "big announcement/ construction"
If the web age as it relates to Disney rumors has proven anything - it is that blogs usually will type anything, have a ridiculously low success rate.
And when they are wrong - as they usually are - throw up some corrections/ excuse if "now it looks like that plan is scrapped/ reevaluated/ shelved".
How convenient...and exactly why I say "true the shovels"

Maybe they are gonna throw up something big. It is possible...but I argue unlikely because of the uncertainty of the Avatar project and the recent magic kingdom renovations. They milk their capital expenditures for years now...this isn't Walt and the Boys tinkering with new rides every year.
And knowing that, a more piecemeal approach and WDW's function as a cashcow...should give all observers caution when looking at new development.

There is a certain arrogance when people blog/post "guaranteed" expansion rumors...and I think it tends to be due to wishful thinking outweighing what should be looked at - "dollars and sense"

Does Disney need to do it? Answer no 99% of the time
Would they rather keep the construction capital in the coffers or severely limit/dilute it overtime? Answer yes 100% if the time.

So all blogs...micechat, Jim hill, screamscape, etc are good at rolling out tidbits and theories...just not stopping to break it down to basics.

My take...sorry for the wordiness.
Yep, you're entitled to your take.
The fact that you just lump all bloggers into the same basket (Jim Hill could not be farther from Josh) leaves me with little motivation to consider your take.
Josh's recommendations are quite often in direct conflict with this board's advice, the advice of TP, and others....when that happens, 9 times out of 10, it's Josh's advice that turns out to be best, which is why I don't bother with the others. I subscribe to TP so that I have a decent lines app when Disney's inevitably goes down during my trip.
I guess we'll know for sure if there's going to be a major construction announcement for DHS in the first week of May by May 7th....I'll be there in May until the 5th....looking forward to doing the Backstage Magic tour while all of this is breaking....
Stay tuned....

Old 03-12-2013, 08:33 AM   #25
WoodysHat
Earning My Ears

Ugh, didn't post to set Josh up for a bashing Just thought it would be fun to throw around ideas about what the announcement could be if it did in fact happen!
Old 03-12-2013, 08:36 AM   #26
WoodysHat
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurenT

The fact that you just lump all bloggers into the same basket (Jim Hill could not be farther from Josh) leaves me with little motivation to consider your take.
Josh's recommendations are quite often in direct conflict with this board's advice, the advice of TP, and others....when that happens, 9 times out of 10, it's Josh's advice that turns out to be best, which is why I don't bother with the others. I subscribe to TP so that I have a decent lines app when Disney's inevitably goes down during my trip.
I guess we'll know for sure if there's going to be a major construction announcement for DHS in the first week of May by May 7th....I'll be there in May until the 5th....looking forward to doing the Backstage Magic tour while all of this is breaking....
Stay tuned....
I agree! We'll find out May 7th
Old 03-12-2013, 10:44 AM   #27
lockedoutlogic
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodysHat View Post
Ugh, didn't post to set Josh up for a bashing Just thought it would be fun to throw around ideas about what the announcement could be if it did in fact happen!
That was not my intent...and i apologize if i has mistakenly gone personal.

I have nothing against "Josh"...
I just point out that "insider" tips and info on new capital (often talking about hundreds of millions if not billions of dollars) construction is long repeated cautionary tale.

For the record, I want them to build tons of stuff - i have a 3 and a 5 year old and i would like nothing more than for them to see all kinds of new things by the time they turn double digits...

But recent history has not been so. AK has languished...Studios can somewhat be said to have undergone the same neglect - though not as noticeable because they were so small and they have added SOME things - but not 25 years worth.

Everything changed in April 1998. Epcot reinvestment is a mixed bag of incomplete projects. While they have done SOME decent additions...it has also been a period of cloning, and mothballing of attractions.

That is unique...mothballing would have once been taboo.

It's about the money. They are making a ton off you (and I and Me) at that compound...and capital injection lowers profits without majoy upticks in attendance on the aggregate over the last ten years.
Lots of reasons, most just having to do with the broader economy and travel realities/habits...but the trend has shifted.

Between 1989 and 1998 ...they built about a dozen hotels, cruisehips, two water parks, two main line theme parks, a huge expansion/renovation of downtown, and the first phase of their timeshare. We know it as the "disney decade"...and it was successful. Obviously is was a boom period that will not be repeated. But...the opposite has kinda taken place.

Since, the amount of capital expended has been rather meager when compared to the revenues since...one has to look at why it is so.

Because huge expansion/construction has not been deemed "worth it" since. The data has led to that conclusion. The one exception is Vacation Club...which is solely for guaranteed revenue.

Again...its not personal to "josh"...i'm sure he (or she) is dedicated. But blogs are what they are...and millions of dollars are what they are - too much to cover in the current ticket prices.

Old 03-12-2013, 10:54 AM   #28
lockedoutlogic
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurenT View Post
As your loyalty to a specific blog questions your motives. It's fine, no offense. Just a natural reaction.
Quote:
I'll take your word on that. Not my thing...maybe i've been there too much, but line monitoring/planning is not a priority. I have used some of the tips and apps and like them just fine...but trying to get around crowds for the purpose of lines isn't a thing for me. I'd rather a slow stroll through EPCOT on most days - even though i love the rides just like everyone else.
Quote:
Stay tuned....
Oh I agree...we'll never know until we hear it...or don't. I would love massive reinvestment and expansion - i'd like nothing more. I just don't believe it from rumors.
FYI - i'm in on the 6th...so maybe we can high five each other in the airport and take shifts on "DHS expansion announcement watch"

I would hope that if the rumor holds true - its a star wars thing and not a cars clone. That would be disappointing. But something is and has always been needed at studios since day one...24 years ago.

Old 03-12-2013, 11:20 AM   #29
LaurenT
DIS Veteran

Quote:
As your loyalty to a specific blog questions your motives. It's fine, no offense. Just a natural reaction.

I'll take your word on that. Not my thing...maybe i've been there too much, but line monitoring/planning is not a priority. I have used some of the tips and apps and like them just fine...but trying to get around crowds for the purpose of lines isn't a thing for me. I'd rather a slow stroll through EPCOT on most days - even though i love the rides just like everyone else.

Oh I agree...we'll never know until we hear it...or don't. I would love massive reinvestment and expansion - i'd like nothing more. I just don't believe it from rumors.
FYI - i'm in on the 6th...so maybe we can high five each other in the airport and take shifts on "DHS expansion announcement watch"

I would hope that if the rumor holds true - its a star wars thing and not a cars clone. That would be disappointing. But something is and has always been needed at studios since day one...24 years ago.
Not sure why you would question my motives just because I am loyal to the advice of someone who has worked out well for me.
It is not a paid blog, and he does not take advertisers. I don't even know the guy and am not a regular poster on his forum (as I am here).
I am curious though about why you are here on the rumors board when you have such clear disdain for anyone who has a rumor - likely (as this one) or not - to share....

Old 03-12-2013, 12:06 PM   #30
lockedoutlogic
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Not sure why you would question my motives just because I am loyal to the advice of someone who has worked out well for me.
It is not a paid blog, and he does not take advertisers. I don't even know the guy and am not a regular poster on his forum (as I am here).
I am curious though about why you are here on the rumors board when you have such clear disdain for anyone who has a rumor - likely (as this one) or not - to share....
its not nearly as combative as you're taking it...

If you say i can't lump the "good" blogs with the "Bad"...even though they are unauthorized, unofficial, and entirely up to the whim of the blogger...

then i can question why "Josh" is special.

i'm just pointing out tendencies and differences when it comes these types of things...not really pushing a specific issue.

we just are different in opinion on this...and that's ok

And i don't have a disdain for rumors...only when they are then presented as fact or corporate will. "Major announcement in may" implies that a decision has been made...and there is NO way to substantiate that because blogs are...well...blogs.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: